Pickup truck/SUV owners intentionally blocking electric charging spaces in parking lots

Yes, it's called rolling coal. I live in the south, where brodozers....uh, pick up trucks...are the norm. Each to their own, but I don't get it. At all. Buying a pick up, lifting it 6" higher and putting giant rims with rubber band tires. :rolleyes2

I see plenty of pickup trucks around here, including lifted ones. My neighbor has a 30 year old F-150. Even diesels. But anything that spewed out black smoke like that would be pulled over rather quickly.

Wouldn't that be considered community property in most states?

Probably. But the woman should get both vehicles for the condescending way he treats her. ;)

We have a saying around here that might not be Disboard approved, which relates the size of the truck to something else. It's an indirect/inverse proportion :)

:thumbsup2

Yep, those guys are usually compensating for something.

Probably. But the woman should get both vehicles for the condescending way he treats her. ;)

All I know about that is what I remember from watching the 80s version of Divorce Court during summer vacation.

I drive a Tesla and the number of obnoxious people I have since discovered on the roads is amazingly high. Now, I will also stipulate that a lot of Tesla drivers are also really stuck up and sanctimonious (the user groups on Facebook are, if anything, worse than the Disney fanboys and fangirls) but it’s still amazing how many people seem to be offended by my choice of an electric car and want very much for me to know it. I do enjoy blowing them off the line when the light turns green.

Lots of trucks around here, driven by men and women. If you have horses or any livestock or if you hunt, a truck is important. Or if you tend to need to haul something very often.

Never heard of the coal thing nor have I seen it before. Have seen trucks with the lift kits and the big tires. Normally those are NOT driven by those who actually need a truck and few of them are owned by people that can drive said big truck let alone park it.

We have a saying “if you can’t park your big yee yee truck don’t drive a big yee yee truck”.

Heck, I didn't even know what a Tesla was till this past summer when a guy pulled in at the campground we were staying at. He was definitely impressed with it and himself. Too bad he didn't know I had no clue, LOL. We have a dually 350 diesel truck with four doors to pull our 5th wheel. The truck is LONG and wide. We don't fit into any parking places with the truck unless we cramp the ones next to us or hang out in the driving area because of length. I can't see taking up four spaces either. We park way in the back wherever we go so we don't affect others. Thankfully we only use it it in the summer and I have my own vehicle and my husband has his. I hate trucks.

Well - I don't really get this commericial, especially that SHE wants the pickup truck and not the SUV. Do women really want to drive pickup trucks?
I also looked into the price of all of these. MSRP of about $57,000 for the pickup and $67,000 for the SUV.

Yes some women want to drive pick up trucks, even here in the Northeast.
My friend just got one this past summer. She went from SUV to pick-up and is very happy with it.

I think there are jerk drivers of every kind of vehicle, and I think anyone who intentionally blocks the charging stations is an blankhole.
The "throwing coal" thing I've never really seen around here, didn't even know it was a thing.

Heck, I didn't even know what a Tesla was till this past summer when a guy pulled in at the campground we were staying at. He was definitely impressed with it and himself. Too bad he didn't know I had no clue, LOL. We have a dually 350 diesel truck with four doors to pull our 5th wheel. The truck is LONG and wide. We don't fit into any parking places with the truck unless we cramp the ones next to us or hang out in the driving area because of length. I can't see taking up four spaces either. We park way in the back wherever we go so we don't affect others. Thankfully we only use it it in the summer and I have my own vehicle and my husband has his. I hate trucks.

A lot of the ranchers or bigger farm owners have duallys around here. Or used to, don’t see them as much anymore. Those things use a LOT of fuel! But they do tend to be more considerate and park where they aren’t blocking anyone else.

Don't have a Tesla, but wanted to add that Colorado just passed a law this year making this illegal. They were purposely spewing the black smoke at cyclists. I had it happen to me twice while I was in the bike lane at a stop light. The jerks just laughed as they gunned their trucks on the green light.
Why would anybody even think of doing this?

Because they have so much jealousy and hatred in their hearts, they simply can't resist being a jerk. It's a rather stupid thing to do. People have certainly been road raged for lesser transgressions.
I'm aware of road rage, but I don't think premeditated, planned road rage. :confused3 And where it would be more than one, isolated case of a person who really has problems.

mall_rated_blk-500x5001.jpg

Well - I don't really get this commericial, especially that SHE wants the pickup truck and not the SUV. Do women really want to drive pickup trucks?

I also looked into the price of all of these. MSRP of about $57,000 for the pickup and $67,000 for the SUV.

Yes, some do! My younger sister would rather drive her husbands truck than her SUV. Me, never. Dh had a diesel truck several years back and I never drove it once.

Watching people park those things (yes, men and women both) in parking lots can be hilarious unless you're next to them!! Then you can hardly exit your own vehicle. Especially the long bed crew cab ones stick way out into the lane.

I drive a Tesla and the number of obnoxious people I have since discovered on the roads is amazingly high. Now, I will also stipulate that a lot of Tesla drivers are also really stuck up and sanctimonious (the user groups on Facebook are, if anything, worse than the Disney fanboys and fangirls) but it’s still amazing how many people seem to be offended by my choice of an electric car and want very much for me to know it. I do enjoy blowing them off the line when the light turns green.

I'll be honestly have never had an issue with a Tesla driver. Prius drivers, yes. They tend to have an attitude of they own the road. So much so that the nickname of the class at the California Highway Patrol Academy on dealing with aggressive drivers is nicknamed "Prius Drivers 101"

I'll be honestly have never had an issue with a Tesla driver. Prius drivers, yes. They tend to have an attitude of they own the road. So much so that the nickname of the class at the California Highway Patrol Academy on dealing with aggressive drivers is nicknamed "Prius Drivers 101"

I drive nothing but toyota hybrid vehicles (two prius, one Camry), and I definitely get treated obnoxiously by other drivers on the road. Two examples. I'll come up to someone driving pathetically slow in the right lane (even slower than me....LOL), and go to pass them. When they see they are being passed by a Prius, they speed up. Really, really annoying. Second example. I drive in the right lane 95% of the time, and rarely go over the speed limit because I get better fuel economy (usually right at the speed limit) As long as I'm in the right lane, you bet I'm entitled to do that. But, I get lots of tailgaters who seem to think I should drive much faster in the right lane. Sorry if that offends you, but seriously, that is what the LEFT lane is for. On a road with only one lane, I go with the flow of traffic. I am well aware that lots of people automatically assume that Prius drivers "go too slowly" and work hard to avoid that impression. But, it doesn't matter. There's a certain cadre of people on the road who HATE hybrid and electric vehicles (as evidenced by coal rollers, and people who block access to chargers....the gist of this thread). Who knows why? They get off on creating problems for other people. Sick human beings.

my complaint with walmarts in our area is that they've taken every available close parking spot and designated it strictly for pick up orders. i've seen people get pick up order of only a few items delivered to their cars so i suspect people have figured out that they can get a prime parking spot by placing an order for 2 or 3 items when they plan to do the bulk of their shopping themselves.
You think ppl would go through all that trouble? Here ppl just park in those spots & go inside & don’t bother with the pick up order “cover”. My Walmart pick up is terrible. I’ve often placed a whole order & got there for them to tell me they only had a handful of items in stock. I’ve stopped going there. Maybe that’s what you saw with ppl just getting a few items?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter