• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pete, Kevin, John, podcast team, RU23?

That picture my dear was from the internet and not my trash. While I am still anti-peanut butter, I must consider the peanut butter to chocolate ratio and with the previously mentioned candy bar there is nougat. Very few people can argue the power of nougat.

Nougat. :love:

payday_wr.jpg

payday_cs.jpg

Ok, maybe I should just say that I never meant to offend anyone and appologize if I did. I fully expected to pay around $100 as some sites had predicted, so naturally the price was less than that and I saw value in it, so I joined. It seemed like there were a great many people venting in opposition, I felt like I should jump in with a different viewpoint.

So again, never meant to offend.

That picture my dear was from the internet and not my trash. While I am still anti-peanut butter, I must consider the peanut butter to chocolate ratio and with the previously mentioned candy bar there is nougat. Very few people can argue the power of nougat.
I thought you scanned it in! :laughing: :laughing:
Why are you bringing in my sexuality to this argument? Hater!

I thought the same thing! You people are hilarious! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Wow this got off topic before I could even comment. I will ignore the brownie and cake debate, although I am pro cake and pro brownie.

1. I dont know why people are so up in arms about the Podcast and the blog offering their opinion. There are plenty of places to get the information, I love the podcast because of them offering there opinions, we all know they love Disney but they are honest about the problems they have with the company and the parks. If you want to hear a Disney love fest, then head on over to Lou's two hour podcast, I don't think I have ever heard him say one negative thing about Disney.

2. I am going to join, I am a little disappointed by the whole D23 thing, I wish there was more, but I did go to Barnes and Noble last night and bought the magazine. You can say whatever you want about how they handled this, but that magazine is beautiful, great pictures, good content, I only hope that they keep it up.

3. Disney is a publicly traded company, you all seem to forget that and jump all over them. They are here to make money, you can’t fault them for that, if you have a problem with what they are doing, don’t buy it and make your voice heard that way.

Yes they are here to make money but just because they are publicly traded does not mean that they should forget their roots and values. Haven't we had enough of that lately on wall street? I think the state of our economy right now shows that too many companies/banks have forgotten their values and have just gotten plain greedy.

After spending - what, 20 minutes? - studying this thread and varying opinions, facts and figures related to D23, I've made an important life decision:

I'm taking my $75 to our local bakery and buying a delicious, marble-cake-with-custard-filling-and-buttercream-frosting cake. Then I'll treat myself to a lovely dark chocolate brownie (with nuts!), and, finances permitting, a beautiful, fragrant apple pie.

With the $16 left over I'll stop off at Barnes and Noble and check out this magazine deal.

;)

After spending - what, 20 minutes? - studying this thread and varying opinions, facts and figures related to D23, I've made an important life decision:

I'm taking my $75 to our local bakery and buying a delicious, marble-cake-with-custard-filling-and-buttercream-frosting cake. Then I'll treat myself to a lovely dark chocolate brownie (with nuts!), and, finances permitting, a beautiful, fragrant apple pie.

With the $16 left over I'll stop off at Barnes and Noble and check out this magazine deal.

;)

Sounds like a good plan to me. :rotfl2: And a much better way of spending your money. Get some enjoyment out of it.:)

;)
now, that in my lowly opinion is a good value! :rotfl: ;)

Umm, I just noticed a change on the D23 site. It now appears that membership is only required for the actual D23 stuff. The expensive pens, art, etc...no longer has that requirement.

Interesting, I wonder if someone messed up yesterday?

I understand many people aren't happy with the program as is. The price is hard when times are tight like they are, and our international Disney friends are really getting the short end of the stick with the extra fees.

I do have a question for those of you unhappy about it though. If you know about WDCC (Walt Disney Classics Collection), do you have the same types of problems with it? To me it seems like Disney is using the same rough model for both D23 membership and WDCC. WDCC membership costs $59 per year. You get 4 magazines ("Sketches;" flimsy paper, about 14 pages long, articles on how they make/design the sculptures), a membership card, a small (very small) pin, a small reproduction of the original artwork sketch, a small collectible (a nice sculpture in this case), and the ability to buy the "Members Only" pieces. Some of those run upwards of a $1,000, others are much cheaper. With D23, you're also getting 4 magazines (on much better quality paper and much longer), a membership card, a collectible, and the ability to buy stuff. You're essentially getting the certificate in place of the small sketch of the sculpture, and the convention discounts/other perks in exchange for the small pin. You're also paying $16 more. As long as the collectible from D23 is nice, to me it seems about right in comparison to WDCC membership costs and perks.

Umm, I just noticed a change on the D23 site. It now appears that membership is only required for the actual D23 stuff. The expensive pens, art, etc...no longer has that requirement.

Interesting, I wonder if someone messed up yesterday?

I saw that pen and some of the other Signature Collection stuff on Disney Shopping the day before D23 was officially "launched." so my guess is it probably was an error.

It's not the membership fee or the "collectible" or the certificate.

It's the fact that this was done....(I'm sure I'm going to get Mr. Iger's quote wrong but it's late and I dont feel like looking for it).....as a way of thanking Disney's "highest affinity group"....the "diehard fan".

As you have pointed out....this type of thing already exists, but how does this reward my loyalty?

Airlines have frequent flier miles to thank their loyal customers.

Coffee shops give cards that get punched and when you buy 6, you get one free.

Hotels give you free nights after you have stayed for a certain number of nights.

Disney allows you to pay more money to join a another "exclusive club" where you can spend more money.

Why not a lower price on my 10th annual pass renewal?

Why not track hotel reservations and throw in a free hotel night after your 10th trip to WDW?

Why not a restaurant card that allows a free meal after a certain number of meals?

I could go on....but again...it's late. My problem is that I dont feel that this does what it is supposed to do.

It's not the membership fee or the "collectible" or the certificate.

It's the fact that this was done....(I'm sure I'm going to get Mr. Iger's quote wrong but it's late and I dont feel like looking for it).....as a way of thanking Disney's "highest affinity group"....the "diehard fan".

As you have pointed out....this type of thing already exists, but how does this reward my loyalty?

Airlines have frequent flier miles to thank their loyal customers.

Coffee shops give cards that get punched and when you buy 6, you get one free.

Hotels give you free nights after you have stayed for a certain number of nights.

Disney allows you to pay more money to join a another "exclusive club" where you can spend more money.

Why not a lower price on my 10th annual pass renewal?

I understand what you're saying and do agree in a way. Thanks for responding. I think if this was what they were going with, they shouldn't have advertised it as a way to thank the fans. Just advertise it as another type of society for fans. For me, the cost is right when you compare it to WDCC membership. I guess I've been a bit confused at some of the complaints about the price and value based on that, but I understand most people probably don't even know about WDCC membership. But I agree completely that it shouldn't have been marketed the way it was.

I guess I'm just not surprised by it, is all. Doesn't make it "right," but this is how they operate these days, unfortunately. WDCC's "thanks" for a person renewing his or her membership 5 years in a row is by giving them a slip of paper that allows them to buy an almost $200 Mickey sculpture if they wish. Same thing for 10 consecutive year membership; the "thank you" is a card you have to turn into a dealer in order to be allowed to buy a Minnie scultpure that also costs almost $200 (but is cheaper than the 5 year piece). At 15 consecutive years, the thank you is a slip of paper to allow you to buy a $300 Mickey & Minnie sculpture. Disney doesn't strike me much as getting the concept of what a real "Thank You" is, unfortunately. Shame that that aspect of WDCC carried over into this program too.

I would prefer some Boston Cream Pie over the Cherry Pie or could a BC Pie really be a cake with filling??? I am SOOO confused

The Buckle store has a punch card and Baskin Robbins now has a card for one of their Blast drinks. And as a loyal customer I am going to do my very best to make sure that I hit that loyalty mark of ten as quickly as I can. Their Oreos and Cream Cappuccino Blast is delish!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter