Permit Filed: France Pavilion at Epcot

I just wanted to thank @HydroGuy for a very cogent discussion (post 48) of Iger's role in the WDC. Sometimes people like to re-write history but I believe HydroGuy has it right.

Iger needed to un-do and patch up a bunch of stuff that Eisner had messed up in the second half (i.e. after Frank Wells died) of his tenure at the helm. Eisner's feud with Jobs (who also bears some of the blame) was almost disastrous for Disney. With Eisner out of the way, Iger was able to mend fences and ultimately strike a very good deal for Pixar. Iger's subsequent moves to acquire Marvel and Star Wars have also added great opportunities for the company as a whole.

I just wanted to thank @HydroGuy for a very cogent discussion (post 48) of Iger's role in the WDC. Sometimes people like to re-write history but I believe HydroGuy has it right.

Iger needed to un-do and patch up a bunch of stuff that Eisner had messed up in the second half (i.e. after Frank Wells died) of his tenure at the helm. Eisner's feud with Jobs (who also bears some of the blame) was almost disastrous for Disney. With Eisner out of the way, Iger was able to mend fences and ultimately strike a very good deal for Pixar. Iger's subsequent moves to acquire Marvel and Star Wars have also added great opportunities for the company as a whole.

Right...the half that's full...

I don't think many dispute this (other than diehard Star Wars fans)...
...but that's only Part of the story.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter