Permit Filed: France Pavilion at Epcot

That does seem to be the formula. And of course, TSL is a great counter-balance for families with small kids, to hopefully spread crowds. But man, even small kids adore SW, so I just see it being hardcore insanity for a long time. It's Disney, they've got the numbers. I just think that the huge SW appeal may blow those.

That hotel? OMG - take my $1200 or whatever they're saying may be the nightly rate, but BUILD IT!

My kids, 5.5 year old twins and a 7.5 year old daughter, are huge into SW. From the first SW Rebels cartoon they saw. They would have blown past TSL and into SWL if it had been possible in Dec. We drove down in Dec and they watched Clone Wars cartoons the whole way there and back. That series is like 40 hours long, and I know they watched it non-stop for the whole drive they were awake. I'm sure they'd be all over the hotel, but since Disney seems to hate families of 5, or at least seems inclined to fleece families over 4 as much as possible for hotel rooms, that would probably have to wait until my kids go to college. Ft. Wilderness wins for staying on property for us.

Alright, back on topic.

I can't friggin wait for Ratatouille. It may sound crazy, but I'm looking forward to it more than Star Wars Land. The ride looks awesome and it's for the whole family. If they bring the restaurant over too, man I'll be dancing in France with no pants. It would go from a boring looking restaurant to a very family friendly one.

That does seem to be the formula. And of course, TSL is a great counter-balance for families with small kids, to hopefully spread crowds. But man, even small kids adore SW, so I just see it being hardcore insanity for a long time. It's Disney, they've got the numbers. I just think that the huge SW appeal may blow those.

That hotel? OMG - take my $1200 or whatever they're saying may be the nightly rate, but BUILD IT!

I'm not sure why that "formula" works so well for them.

I like carsland...especially racers and luigis...but still felt they could have fleshed it out a bit more.

New fantasyland doesn't go nearly far enough in my opinion.

Avatar is a TBD...but it sure does seem to be in the same boat from the early reviews.

None are a fail...but aren't a full take either.

The thing is...I think you Have to go big for Star Wars...there is no risk and high reward there...

I think it's a mistake to do "measured approach" with this particular animal...

If it becomes "the Star Wars park"...it will sell mad amounts of crap and take the heat of the other parks while you do other things. I don't see that as a downside.

My kids, 5.5 year old twins and a 7.5 year old daughter, are huge into SW. From the first SW Rebels cartoon they saw. They would have blown past TSL and into SWL if it had been possible in Dec. We drove down in Dec and they watched Clone Wars cartoons the whole way there and back. That series is like 40 hours long, and I know they watched it non-stop for the whole drive they were awake. I'm sure they'd be all over the hotel, but since Disney seems to hate families of 5, or at least seems inclined to fleece families over 4 as much as possible for hotel rooms, that would probably have to wait until my kids go to college. Ft. Wilderness wins for staying on property for us.

I get it - and mentioned it. TSL may be a counter measure for some, but there are so many small kids gaga over SW - look at that Jedi thingie they have already. I mean, everyone loves SW, right? (insert myriad people who don't) I just think that the enormity has never been experienced by any theme park - but we'll see in a couple of years.

Sorry about the family of 5 issue. Can families of 5 not stay in 1 room at the Deluxe resorts? I'm assuming this one would be. Sorry - I'm single/no kids - and just not that knowledgeable. I'm the traveler looking for the king rooms.

Last edited:

Alright, back on topic.

I can't friggin wait for Ratatouille. It may sound crazy, but I'm looking forward to it more than Star Wars Land. The ride looks awesome and it's for the whole family. If they bring the restaurant over too, man I'll be dancing in France with no pants. It goes from a boring looking restaurant to a very family friendly one.

I'm a big fan of ratatouille and I'm stoked if true...

I'm not real high on Simulator Wars Land...gotta say...but we'll see.

I don't want the full cartoon land take from Paris to invade Epcot though...so I'm ok with the ride and the restaurant...but keep it a WS pavilion otherwise. Don't get too cute.

If it becomes "the Star Wars park"...it will sell mad amounts of crap and take the heat of the other parks while you do other things. I don't see that as a downside.

If it becomes a SW park, it may go from my least to most favorite park. Seriously, if WDW goes full Disney bore on SW, the way Disney CAN, it will be, for tons of us fans "please take our money!" Just think of what they could charge for drinks in Mos Eisley Cantina? They could charge a ridiculous cover, ala a dessert party, and charge $30 a drink, and there would be a years long waiting list...lol. That said, the only times I miss things like Dragoncon are when I've done Comicon right before and want to enjoy the low crowds for the week after Labor Day at WDW. My opinion on SWL is going to be biased, and I'm by no means a super fan.

I get it - and mentioned it. TSL may be, but there are so many small kids gaga over SW - look at that Jedi thingie they have already. I mean, everyone loves SW, right? (insert myriad people who don't) I just think that the enormity has never been experienced by any theme park - but we'll see in a couple of years.

Sorry about the family of 5 issue. Can families of 5 not stay in 1 room at the Deluxe resorts? I'm assuming this one would be. Sorry - I'm single/no kids - and just not that knowledgeable. I'm the traveler looking for the king rooms.

Disney has a 4 to a room policy for the vast majority of their on property rooms. Where they allow more it is often cheaper to get 2 rooms anyway. All their ticket specials are bundled for 4, and that 5th gets expensive. It's almost morbidly funny for people with families larger than 4.

If it becomes a SW park, it may go from my least to most favorite park. Seriously, if WDW goes full Disney bore on SW, the way Disney CAN, it will be, for tons of us fans "please take our money!" Just think of what they could charge for drinks in Mos Eisley Cantina? They could charge a ridiculous cover, ala a dessert party, and charge $30 a drink, and there would be a years long waiting list...lol. That said, the only times I miss things like Dragoncon are when I've done Comicon right before and want to enjoy the low crowds for the week after Labor Day at WDW. My opinion on SWL is going to be biased, and I'm by no means a super fan.

They already charge that somewhere...it's called "Trader Sam's"

Disney has a 4 to a room policy for the vast majority of their on property rooms. Where they allow more it is often cheaper to get 2 rooms anyway. All their ticket specials are bundled for 4, and that 5th gets expensive. It's almost morbidly funny for people with families larger than 4.

"You're In trouble when they outnumber you"

"You have two hands..."

"Honey, I can't find anything good on tv tonight..."

:wave:

"You're In trouble when they outnumber you"

"You have two hands..."

"Honey, I can't find anything good on tv tonight..."

:wave:

To be fair we were going for 2. By some random chance, and by that I mean twins don't run in either of our families nor were we on any kind of help for having kids, we were gifted twins. You have to appreciate all the joy the twins bring, because if you don't, you'll cry... a lot.

I'm a big fan of ratatouille and I'm stoked if true...

I'm not real high on Simulator Wars Land...gotta say...but we'll see.

I don't want the full cartoon land take from Paris to invade Epcot though...so I'm ok with the ride and the restaurant...but keep it a WS pavilion otherwise. Don't get too cute.

I actually think Ratatouille's Paris is spot on in DLP. They can just copy and paste it in Epcot and I'll be as giddy as a schoolgirl.

I actually think Ratatouille's Paris is spot on in DLP. They can just copy and paste it in Epcot and I'll be as giddy as a schoolgirl.

I like the facades...but I don't think they'll go that deep on investment...I want them to either integrate the new addition(s) into the pavilions (which I like)...or do an "annex" that is somehow distinct.

I don't want a mix of 1982 imagineering and a 2018 take...don't think that's a good idea.

Attachments

• IMG_4899.JPG
    IMG_4899.JPG
    141.8 KB · Views: 17

The first time I watched the ride video, I was a little underwhelmed. I have since watched it a couple of times and the details I think make it a great addition. Like the wheels turning when you are under the cart or the curtain opening up while Linguini reaches in to let you out. There are a bunch more but don't want to get into spoiler relm.

As a DLP AP I'm really conflicted about this. I really don't want all the good, unique stuff in Paris (Crush,Ratatouille) to be replicated in other parks. DLP struggles enough, and the last 20 years has taught us that it can't just rely on the local market. taking more reasons away to visit DLP is a bit worrying. I agree WS needs love (we come to FLA every year) but HS in DLP is now the weakest park in the entire property estate, and has been for a while, so giving up the unique rides isn't going to help its cause.

To be fair we were going for 2. By some random chance, and by that I mean twins don't run in either of our families nor were we on any kind of help for having kids, we were gifted twins. You have to appreciate all the joy the twins bring, because if you don't, you'll cry... a lot.

Right there with you on that one, let alone tall boy twins who eat like Conan (and smell like him at times too!).

As a DLP AP I'm really conflicted about this. I really don't want all the good, unique stuff in Paris (Crush,Ratatouille) to be replicated in other parks. DLP struggles enough, and the last 20 years has taught us that it can't just rely on the local market. taking more reasons away to visit DLP is a bit worrying. I agree WS needs love (we come to FLA every year) but HS in DLP is now the weakest park in the entire property estate, and has been for a while, so giving up the unique rides isn't going to help its cause.

I actually was thinking that adding Crush to the Living Seas would be great. I can see what you're saying though.

I throw my share of tantrums but the idea of an IP ride in a land while the integrity of the pavilion is kept intact seems OK. I can't really see a downside when the attraction is an addition and doesnt take over.

As for time spent in the parks, I like 1 1/2 days at MK, 1 1/2 at AK, 1/2 at DHS and 1/2 at Epcot with the occasional dinner at Epcot if we have hoppers. Future World has turned into a bore to us so it will be very interesting to see what they do next.

Point granted.

And that is the "bad IP" argument. Avatar is the weakest IP you'll find from the one thing that Disney monitors the most: product placement.

Seen a lot of Na'vi lunchboxes getting off the bus?
Perhaps they weren't as savvy back in 1992, but I get the feeling there weren't a lot of Br'er Rabbit lunchboxes around then either?!?! I'm not gonna fight you on how Avatar doesn't have the following that Star Wars and other IPs do, I am going to stand ground that if kids like these rides/land, they will become repeatables and even must-dos for families and the current kids' families when they are older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts