PART THREE! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me!!! Can't wait for all the details so I can start planning exactly how to use our party time! Also can't wait for the final park hours schedule to come out, but I know we've got a few more weeks to wait on that. Still, it's driving me nuts not knowing exactly what I'm dealing with as I have more than one ADR that may have to be tweaked depending on how much they change the current park hours!

I know what you mean about wanting all those MVMCP details NOW! I want to know which characters are definately going to be there. Need to plan out the evening.

I am anxious to get those extended park hours too. I've seen the "probable" new hours and have been planning accordingly, but I just want to know for sure!

I can't keep up on any other threads!!! Hehe and sooo very excited that MVMCP will be starting soon!

Hurry up MVMCP!! Get here NOW!

Can we skip Halloween? Lol
I am ALL for skipping the rest of this week and just fast forwarding to Halloween.

I am ALL for skipping the rest of this week and just fast forwarding to Halloween.

I really want to get to November, but then I want it to slow down. Not that I don't want to be in DW like tomorrow, but the quicker it comes, the quicker it is over. DH and I decided we will not be taking a trip in 2013, so I need to make this baby last!

For us, our MUST DO's are:

Candlelight Processional (this year we get Blair Underwood) at EPCOT
Osbourne Lights at MGM
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Magic Kingdom

Thank you! I arranged the CP w/dinner & Illuminations, both never seen. :yay:

Do they have the Osbourne lights at HS every night?

Also do you think my son 12, a tween would like Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party? I wasn't sure about this?

Again, thank you so much for the help! :littleangel:

... before I go to bed.

Now that the time is getting very near, what are your thoughts on how you are going to tackle MVMCP? We need to start coming up with strategies! :goodvibes

... before I go to bed.

Now that the time is getting very near, what are your thoughts on how you are going to tackle MVMCP? We need to start coming up with strategies! :goodvibes

I'm a first timer so I'm pretty clueless, but I read somewhere that there are two parade times. And siñce my kids are night owls I was thinking of hitting up all the characters and such during the first parade time and then catching it the second time.

As I stated above though, I'm a newbie and could have this all wrong lol,

Ok, so our original plan was for our whole family to go stay at Mariott Grande Vista in a suite. Well long story short, my wife and I feel like it was a bit corwded in the room. So what were doing it having all the other party members stay at the condo (which we split price on) and we (Me, Wife, 2 kids) decided to stay on site at Disney....yea for us.

So we're thinking of just going value resort with dining plan. So with the current prices of dining, which I excel at doing....are we gonna get our moneys worth? Here is what we have slated so far...let me know what you think of the places and such. These are only dinner plans as we plan on doing snack for breakfast and CS for lunch

12/2 Paradiso 37

12/3 Akershus

12/4 Boma

12/5 Coral Reef

12/6 Sci-Fi Theater

12/7 Cape May or Ohana

12/8 Crystal palace or Ohana

12/9 Undecided so far

I have no experience with Paradiso 37 so I can't speak of that....what I can tell you is I've heard nothing but wonderful things from Ragland Road, which is also at DTD.......I think your plans look nice but I think you should start checking for availability as a few of your places will be booked. Ohana comes to mind. We've had our ADRs booked 190 days out of our trip and I'm having trouble tweaking some of mine. I know many say that having the DDP doesn't really save them that much money but I agree with you on the fact that if you don't do it you may not really get what you want. Besides, it's very nice to have the meal portion, at least, paid off before the trip. Figure in tips and get some WDW gift cards ahead of time and you won't be out of pocket while on vacation!

Hi disboarders! This will be my 2nd trip to WDW. I've been reading through the board, presently on pg 91, looking for tips.

My DH, DS 12 will be flying to Orlando from So Cal Dec 1-8. We will be doing Disney, IOA & Universal.

Can anyone give me must do tips? We may never be back (for years) I really want to get the most out of the trip, without killing my husband! :rotfl2:

Thanks!

We're doing Universal and IOA in addition to WDW as well. Have you decided which days you are doing Univeral/IOA and will you be staying on site there? In order to maximize your days there I think it helps to be staying on site thus giving you the FOTL (front of the line) access on many rides and early entry to WWoHP. I think that makes a big difference given your limited days. I know you will want to see as much as you can but you will not be able to do it all.......I think you should plan on seeing Osbourne Lights at DHS and the Christmas storytellers at Epcot's World Showcase......Candlelight Processional at Epcot and possibly MVMCP at MK. The party will allow you more time in MK but it's a separate event, thus requires an additional hard ticket ($$). I think Christmas time is very special and you will want to take advantage of the special events that take place since they aren't available during other times of the year!

This is totally :offtopic: but I have to bring it up. Back in April my wife's car was destroyed by a hail storm and I caught it on my iPhone. I posted it on YouTube and about a week later I got an email from Mythbusters asking if they could use the footage on an upcoming show. That episode airs tonight! If you watch it, look for a red Pontiac Sunfire getting pummeled. That's my poor wife's car.:sad1:

Wish I would have read this yesterday! I hope your wife got a new car? :banana:

Since you live in SoCal, can I guess that you might be Disneyland vet? If so, this might be an interesting thread re: visiting WDW. IT's a little dated, but not too bad.

You have a LOT of parks planned in a week. I would maybe cut Universal and just do IoA and WDW. Check out this great blog for recommended days to visit which parks.

WDW is MASSIVE. You just won't be able to do it all. But by going to the parks on recommended days at opening, it will allow you more time to see as much as you can. Just make sure to have time to break and give your feet a rest.

We spent 5 days at WDW April 2011, it was so crowded and hot! I hope since we are taking out 12 year old out of school that the crowds should be lighter at the beginning of December.

You're right we are Disneyland crazy, well at least my son and I are! lol

Have you done Mickeys Very Merry Christmas Party? I'm just trying to find out if my tween is too old for it?

Thanks for your help! :surfweb:

Thanks!

So should I skip the AK parade on purpose so I can go back at the holidays again soon? :lmao:

You don't think a 12 year old tween is too old for MVMCP? I'm trying to decide if I should buy tickets? My son just turned 12 in August.

Opinions please? & thank you! pixiedust:

I'm headed out to WDW the 9th through the 16th of December for a wonderful holiday stay at the Poly with the DxDP!!

A question, is the sleigh ride worth the money? I've got so many other things going on, but my family seems to like the sleigh ride idea.

I'm headed out to WDW the 9th through the 16th of December for a wonderful holiday stay at the Poly with the DxDP!!

A question, is the sleigh ride worth the money? I've got so many other things going on, but my family seems to like the sleigh ride idea.

The sleigh ride through Fort Wilderness looks like a great time - I was considering it strongly for my family however we couldn't all fit into one (we will be a group of up to 8 at times) so this year I put it to the side. However, the decorations at FW are awesome and if the oppurtunity arises this trip we may try to take advantage.

Possibly a stupid question, but if I purchase a vacation package from DW and get the Magic Your Way tickets do they have to be used by the people who bought them? Like do they put names on them or anything?

I thought you could pull tickets off of the KTTW cards and get a paper ticket....

:surfweb:

The sleigh ride through Fort Wilderness looks like a great time - I was considering strongly for my family however we couldn't all fit into one (we will be a group of up to 8 at times) so this year I put it to the side. However, the decorations at FW are awesome and if the oppurtunity arises this trip we may try to take advantage.

Just a suggestion....have you considered the Wagon ride at FW?

Here is the description of it:

Wagon Rides at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride which offers a 45-minute scenic tour around Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Wagon Rides depart at 7:00pm and 9:30pm nightly from the front of Pioneer Hall.
Fireworks Wagon Rides at 8:30pm for the 9:00pm fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. (offers audio track for show - subject to fireworks being held at the Magic Kingdom.)

Price: $8.00 Adult; $5.00 Child (ages 3-9) Children under 3 are complimentary. Children ages 3-9 must be accompanied by an adult.

Reservations: Not accepted; Wagon Rides are on a first-come, first-served basis only.

Here is the link for all the carriage and wagon rides available at Disney -

http://allears.net/btp/carriage.htm

happy tink said:
You don't think a 12 year old tween is too old for MVMCP? I'm trying to decide if I should buy tickets? My son just turned 12 in August.

I don't think a 12 year old would be too old. If he doesn't care for the parades and meet and greets, there's always the bonus of riding the rides without long lines. My son just turned 10, and I still think he will have a blast at MVMCP. 1) It's Disney World! 2) We're encouraging him to stay up way past his bedtime. 3) He's not in school!

happy tink said:

I don't think anyone is too old for MVMCP! If DS17 was going with us, he'd be going to the party too. While there are some things geared for younger children at the parks, most is for all ages.

Which parts of the party appeal to a given person depends on their likes - and in the preteen/teen years, their attitude. DD12 wants to go to MVMCP as much as the rest of us. All of us, including DD, would like to see the parade and fireworks. We also will ride as many rides as we can, with hopefully short lines. DD also would like to see some characters, but only if the lines are not too long - so don't know how many we'll actually see. She is also looking forward to cocoa and cookies :-)

Does your son know about the trip, I don't remember? If so, why don't you talk to him and ask which things he'd like to do? I guess I'm not sure what exactly your concerns are and why you think he's too old

Just a suggestion....have you considered the Wagon ride at FW?

Here is the description of it:

Wagon Rides at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride which offers a 45-minute scenic tour around Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Wagon Rides depart at 7:00pm and 9:30pm nightly from the front of Pioneer Hall.
Fireworks Wagon Rides at 8:30pm for the 9:00pm fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. (offers audio track for show - subject to fireworks being held at the Magic Kingdom.)

Price: $8.00 Adult; $5.00 Child (ages 3-9) Children under 3 are complimentary. Children ages 3-9 must be accompanied by an adult.

Reservations: Not accepted; Wagon Rides are on a first-come, first-served basis only.

Here is the link for all the carriage and wagon rides available at Disney -

http://allears.net/btp/carriage.htm

My biggest issue is 6 adults - and 2 children and the breakdown would be off :) I wonder how many people the wagon holds. We are doing HDDR and this may be a viable option! Thank you though!

Good morning Roll-Call Friends :goodvibes its a beautiful day!

I'm a first timer so I'm pretty clueless, but I read somewhere that there are two parade times. And siñce my kids are night owls I was thinking of hitting up all the characters and such during the first parade time and then catching it the second time.

As I stated above though, I'm a newbie and could have this all wrong lol,

Its our first time also and after all my research, we are also doing the second parade as it is less crowded.

Absolutely not! Thats a funny age in the sense that they want to grow up but secretly they still want to be those little children.

My DD said to me (she's 12 next month) that she can't wait to get back to Disney because she feels free there and can be a child and there are no 'mean girls' to judge her .... made me a little sad but then I remembered what that age was like for me.

My biggest issue is 6 adults - and 2 children and the breakdown would be off :) I wonder how many people the wagon holds. We are doing HDDR and this may be a viable option! Thank you though!

From AllEars: The wagon will hold 30 adults or a combination of 35 adults and children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter