PART THREE! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its tough, this age has been a real culture shock. We raised our girl to walk to the beat of her own drum - find stuff that interests her, not what interests everyone else. And I love that in her, her hobbies are very individual .... she has no interest in boys (yet) and finds it crazy that people wear clothes with the shops name on it (but thinks its funny that no-one wears a t-shirt with Kroger or Walmart across the front HA!) .... and yet, thats what most of the girls are interested in now - boys & clothes from Hollister/Aeropostale.

Of course we want to shelter them, thats natural, but I look at it this way, the next few years are going to be tough but my DD will find her way in life earlier and be comfortable with what she likes. The others will just be starting that journey.

Awwww, you're too kind :teeth:

That's great. I kinda had to find my way on my own and was always different. I do have to say now even in my 30's I feel more grounded than most people I know and more secure (granted filled with lots of insecurities but who doesn't have those?!) I hope to give that feeling of freedom to my girls, however couple it with support so that they can go confindently in whatever direction they want life to go. I see how even a few days a week outside the house away from me and family is showing her things are different. She's growing more independent and expressing herself - as much as I don't want to share her - I will admit it is good :)

discookiemonsta said:
Just a suggestion....have you considered the Wagon ride at FW?

Here is the description of it:

Wagon Rides at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground

Take an old-fashioned, horse-drawn wagon ride which offers a 45-minute scenic tour around Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground.

Wagon Rides depart at 7:00pm and 9:30pm nightly from the front of Pioneer Hall.
Fireworks Wagon Rides at 8:30pm for the 9:00pm fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. (offers audio track for show - subject to fireworks being held at the Magic Kingdom.)

Price: $8.00 Adult; $5.00 Child (ages 3-9) Children under 3 are complimentary. Children ages 3-9 must be accompanied by an adult.

Reservations: Not accepted; Wagon Rides are on a first-come, first-served basis only.

Here is the link for all the carriage and wagon rides available at Disney -

http://allears.net/btp/carriage.htm

This sounds fun! Hmmm wonder if we can squeeze it in

We went one night last year and my camera battery died. So I made my family go back the next night so we could see them again and I could take pictures.

Hey, at least you shouldn't have that problem again this year now that you've got the pretty, brand spanking new camera :cool1:

SAT887 said:
The sleigh ride through Fort Wilderness looks like a great time - I was considering it strongly for my family however we couldn't all fit into one (we will be a group of up to 8 at times) so this year I put it to the side. However, the decorations at FW are awesome and if the oppurtunity arises this trip we may try to take advantage.

They have a different wagon ride that accommodates a lot of people, hay ride style. There is no advance reservations for that however and it is a whole lot cheaper than the sleigh ride.

EDIT: Oops, I guess I should have read everything I was behind on since the PPers have already said this.

rubybpc said:
They have a different wagon ride that accommodates a lot of people, hay ride style. There is no advance reservations for that however and it is a whole lot cheaper than the sleigh ride.

EDIT: Oops, I guess I should have read everything I was behind on since the PPers have already said this.

As to your edit you almost just have to respond because after you read the next 3-4 pages you forget you wanted to comment!

SAT887 said:
As to your edit you almost just have to respond because after you read the next 3-4 pages you forget you wanted to comment!

EXACTLY! Especially if ur on a phone APP like I am. =/

debrapagliasotti said:
I know what you mean about wanting all those MVMCP details NOW! I want to know which characters are definately going to be there. Need to plan out the evening.

I am anxious to get those extended park hours too. I've seen the "probable" new hours and have been planning accordingly, but I just want to know for sure!

Hurry up MVMCP!! Get here NOW!

I am ALL for skipping the rest of this week and just fast forwarding to Halloween.

Are the "probable hours" based on last years extended hours? I'm okay with extending time later in the day but would like to keep the morning hours as is....especially because of my before park opening ADRs!

:cool1: 39 DAYS! I can almost not stand it! :dance3:

Yay!! Still 53 days here!! DH last night said something about the week before Thanksgiving would be a good week to go. My first thought was, "I'm going to kill him. I have all the ADRs booked and everything planned." My second thought was, "Wow, that would really speed up my countdown." :rotfl2: Luckily, he was just talking about a future trip, not this year so there was no blood shed.

Is anyone staying onsite at US just for the early admission? I'm so tempted to book a night or two just to get a head start on WWoHP. BUT, since I upgraded to the preferred rooms at CSR DH says we paid for good rooms just to go spend more $ on another room.. Sigh =/

Yay!! Still 53 days here!! DH last night said something about the week before Thanksgiving would be a good week to go. My first thought was, "I'm going to kill him. I have all the ADRs booked and everything planned." My second thought was, "Wow, that would really speed up my countdown." :rotfl2: Luckily, he was just talking about a future trip, not this year so there was no blood shed.

HAHA..that's funny. :rotfl2:

37 days here! God, that seems so close and so far away...:rolleyes1

Valgoof said:

LoL! I'm glad u didn't jump the gun like must of us women who talk before they think and chew him out!

rubybpc said:
Is anyone staying onsite at US just for the early admission? I'm so tempted to book a night or two just to get a head start on WWoHP. BUT, since I upgraded to the preferred rooms at CSR DH says we paid for good rooms just to go spend more $ on another room.. Sigh =/

Me! We are doing Universal AND IOA and only have 2 days to do it. I need the FOTL AND the early admission to get done what I need to get done! I am so stinking excited for this whole trip!

Update on new hairstyle ....

So, after a few mornings of doing it myself I can say that, with a bit of styling gel my hair looks like it did when the hairdresser did it; it takes 3 minutes to blow dry (no brush needed) and 1 minute with the flat irons for the bangs.

Best hair ever :cool1:

Oh and did I tell you I was going to Disney? :dance3:

Too be honest I did look at Veterans Day weekend for a short quick trip:lmao: But most things were booked up and the ones that weren't were very expensive.

WedgieSock said:
Update on new hairstyle ....

So, after a few mornings of doing it myself I can say that, with a bit of styling gel my hair looks like it did when the hairdresser did it; it takes 3 minutes to blow dry (no brush needed) and 1 minute with the flat irons for the bangs.

Best hair ever :cool1:

Oh and did I tell you I was going to Disney? :dance3:

That's awesome. I need to make some phone calls today and that's one of them... I'm thinking 2 weeks from now - it will put me about 3 weeks before vacation :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter