PART THREE! *December 2012 Roll Call* Holidays, FLE & MVMCP!! A very, merry thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.
:offtopic:

My BF and i have been working on our Halloween costumes for almost the past month and we finally got to unveil them this weekend. They are still a surprise for a bunch of people, so I can't post our pic on Facebook, but they turned out so good I have to brag about them somewhere. :rotfl2:
Love the costumes!

Yay!!!!

That's us also! 39 days and can't wait...

I have to confess though, I'm getting anxious about the reveal to my kids. My girls are 14 & 10 and they don't know manfriend and I are going WITHOUT.THEM. :eek:

Seriously, it makes me queasy when I think of the "drama" that will unfold... his two kiddos won't exactly be thrilled either but they're less um "passionate" than mine... :sad2:

Granted we just returned from an everyone-included trip in June and we're making plans to take the kids next Christmas to celebrate my daughter's 15th birthday BUUUTTT they're not gonna be happy to know we're going in a few weeks...

I know they'll have to suck-it-up but still won't be easy to deal...

Adults DO need some "alone time", esp given your blended situation. :) I say don't tell them where you are going. ;)

Which is my concern. Or the reviewers maybe just didn't understand the subtlety of the favors and were expecting something spicier. But the first one is probably more likely. Most people when they want to try something "new" still want it to be familiar.

It's on our Plan B.

I LOVED our meal at Marrakesh. I think hubby just thought it was ok.....
LOL. I haven't bought a shirt in several days. I wore my thermal one last night and it is cut really weird. It is comfy, but has gorilla arms and it is cut like a men's button down shirt that you would tuck in, if that makes sense. So the hem is not straight across, it like dips down.

That's one of the reasons I returned my thermals. To fit my chest I needed at XL. To fit my arms I needed a M. :rotfl:
For us, our MUST DO's are:

Candlelight Processional (this year we get Blair Underwood) at EPCOT
Osbourne Lights at MGM
Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Magic Kingdom

Oooooh, I'd like Blair Underwood!

When we went last year, my parents drove down separately (they were going to the Keys after WDW). We had an ADR at Sanaa but we ended up missing it (due to half a car getting wedged underneath us but thats another story ....). My parents still went and they said it was amazing, their favourite meal of the vacation - and they are real foodies (they attend Food Network seminars and stuff).

I don't think I like the sounds of the car wedged underneath you but I'm glad everyone was ok.

Can we skip Halloween? Lol

NO what would Santa Jack (jack skullington) say to that. We love Halloween we live in Anoka Minnesota which is the Halloween capital of the world. It's a blast great parades and houses are decorated better for halloween then christmas.pirate:

Possibly a stupid question, but if I purchase a vacation package from DW and get the Magic Your Way tickets do they have to be used by the people who bought them? Like do they put names on them or anything?

The KTTW card does have the names on it. Not sure if you separate the tickets from the room keys if they do or not.

If you buy the package, the tickets are included on your room keys which do have the names on them. However, as long as the same person uses the ticket for the whole time, it should not be a problem. The problem may arise when a finger scan is done and for whatever reason (ie, the biometrics are being stupid, as they sometimes are) and the CMs ask for ID...the ID doesn't match the name, supervisors are called, tickets are confiscated, etc. Speaking as a CM, I'm curious as to what would prompt this situation in the first place?

I don't think I like the sounds of the car wedged underneath you but I'm glad everyone was ok.

Thank you! An Escalade had a really nasty smash with a huge goods truck and I happened to drive passed just as the whole left wing & part of the back broke off and flew under my car. We were on a busy highway after having breakfast and could not stop. It lifted my right side and I basically drove a few hundred yards so I could pull in safely on my two left side wheels, sparks flying everywhere, not knowing the outcome .... longest 15seconds of our lives :rotfl: We laugh about how I managed to keep driving it:laughing: Thankfully, the people involved were all ok, just bruised. There was a mechanics shop right opposite (talk about luck :thumbsup2) and they came and removed the car, checked us over fully, fixed a little damage. We were there for 2 hours and we were a bit stressed from it. My DD was convinced we wouldn't get to Disney. When it was all finished they refused to charge us, just told us they wanted us to get to Disney and have fun :goodvibes We can laugh about it now, its our "You never guess what happened on the way to Disney .... " story :teeth:

NO what would Santa Jack (jack skullington) say to that. We love Halloween we live in Anoka Minnesota which is the Halloween capital of the world. It's a blast great parades and houses are decorated better for halloween then christmas.pirate:

Nice to see a few fellow Minnesota people around!! :)

WedgieSock said:
Thank you! An Escalade had a really nasty smash with a huge goods truck and I happened to drive passed just as the whole left wing & part of the back broke off and flew under my car. We were on a busy highway after having breakfast and could not stop. It lifted my right side and I basically drove a few hundred yards so I could pull in safely on my two left side wheels, sparks flying everywhere, not knowing the outcome .... longest 15seconds of our lives :rotfl: We laugh about how I managed to keep driving it:laughing: Thankfully, the people involved were all ok, just bruised. There was a mechanics shop right opposite (talk about luck :thumbsup2) and they came and removed the car, checked us over fully, fixed a little damage. We were there for 2 hours and we were a bit stressed from it. My DD was convinced we wouldn't get to Disney. When it was all finished they refused to charge us, just told us they wanted us to get to Disney and have fun :goodvibes We can laugh about it now, its our "You never guess what happened on the way to Disney .... " story :teeth:

Great story! Pretty wild - I'd be freaking our, you earned your Disney vacation that time!!!

If you buy the package, the tickets are included on your room keys which do have the names on them. However, as long as the same person uses the ticket for the whole time, it should not be a problem. The problem may arise when a finger scan is done and for whatever reason (ie, the biometrics are being stupid, as they sometimes are) and the CMs ask for ID...the ID doesn't match the name, supervisors are called, tickets are confiscated, etc. Speaking as a CM, I'm curious as to what would prompt this situation in the first place?

I was wondering because I actually don't need tickets to the park, but I was interested in a dining plan. My cousin goes down to visits family and sometimes hit up Disney while they are there. So I was inquiring to see if I could sell the tix to my cousin to use. Figure it could possibly save both of us some money. Just a thought.

I am also in Minnesota. I have yet to ever make it to Anoka for Halloween and I even grew up in the Northwest subarbs. :rotfl2: Maybe when we have kids we will make it a point to go in that direction.

My son Zachary is 4 and my daughter Zoe is 2. Zachary really isn't much on rides which is why I was thinking going in at 4 the day of the MVMCP would give us plenty of time.

He might surprise you when he gets to Disney. My DD wasn't a ride person - she hated theme parks but that all changed at Disney :rotfl:

Also there are so many other things besides rides to do - like Mickeys Philharmagic, Carousel of Progress, The People Mover, The Tiki Room ... the list goes on :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter