OT: Guess the date and time that Colson39's (Chris & Beth) baby will be Born!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
DOnt come back on the boards and say you didnt pass out in the delivery room...cuz we'll all know you're lying!!!;)

This is where it all starts to get fun buddy!!

:confused3 Well perhaps the baby and I will share April 14th as our birth date. Of course I have a 48 year head start........We should hear something soon if her water did break. They probably won't let her go too long with out delivering due to concerns about infection.

I was hoping when I got home from work we would have heard. Maybe she is waiting until the 15th (my guess). Good luck, you're in for the ride of your life.

Sorry but I remember guessing that she would have the baby when she has the baby at whatever tme she has the baby so there is no way I cannot win. Selecting a date and time just won't cut it. :rolleyes1

My guess is....

He'll come when he's darn good and ready!!!

I win!!

Kahuna.... your guess has already been done!!

Looks like it might be 4/14 or 4/15 according to Chris' post on the Useless thread. YAY!!!

Ok, so I finally got a chance to get to a computer!!! It has been a crazy couple days, I'm on my mother-in-laws laptop on the hospital wireless right now, so I'll make this quick for now!

So as I mentioned before, Beth's water broke on Sunday afternoon. After heading back to our house, I met Beth back at the hospital with her mom around 7 PM Sunday night. At first the lab said he water hadn't broken, but after some ultrasounds and further investigation, it was determined that it had and she was admitted.

She spent the first few hours walking around the labor and delivery room, because her nurse wanted to get the motions started. We had a full Irish nurse (accent and all), her name was Susanne and she was from Belfast. Absolutely great nurse, she was so helpful the entire time.

Beth started getting contractions around 9 PM or so, but they were pretty far apart. Around 11 PM they have her Pertosin (spelling???), some drug that helped her contractions along. Between 1 and 3 AM was the worst, she was in a lot of pain, but her cervix hadn't opened and she could not get an epidural (Beth did not want to go all natural). She was literally shaking with pain, I felt so bad for her, but around 3 AM she was able to get the epidural when her cervix finally opened and it helped her out a lot.

The moms went home around 11 PM actually, forgot to mention that, but around 4:45 AM the nurse told me to call them to get to the hospital. It wasn't till 8:30 AM though that she started to go into full labor mode, at this point everyone was ragged.

We had a great doctor, and she really helped a lot, and was informative. It was Beth's doctor from all along, and so she was familiar with Beth. Oh, I should mention that Beth works at the hospital that she delivered at, because you will see further in the story that she got quite a few perks...lol.

So the labor continued, but the baby wouldn't move. The doctor joked that she would be pushing for 3 hours, but 2 1/2 hours later, Beth was still pushing. The doctor actually stayed the entire 2 1/2 hours, which I guess is usually rare, they normally only come once the baby comes. But like I said, she got some perks...lol.

After 2 1/2 hours, the babies heart rate started fluctuating down to 100 BPM up to 200 BPM, so the doctor decided that this was enough and ordered a C-Section. The doctor fought hard not to have oned, she really didn't want to, but in the end, it was just getting too risky. Both moms and I had helped during the labor, holding and pushing and coaching, but they would only allow me in the operating room.

I had to wait almost 15 minutes outside the operating room, in all the gowns, and it was a very long 15 minutes. I was alone most of the time, and I was fighting back the emotions, I was really scared. Once again, Beth's working here had some perks though, because at least 3 or 4 nurses came to see me to tell me everything was going to be alright.

So I went into the operating room, and sat with Beth as they did the C-section. It went as smooth as butter, her doctor was there and even joked with me a couple times, I can't even explain how great she was. About 5 minutes after I got there (I was behind the curtain with Beth, so I couldn't see past her neck), we both heard the screaming of Reilly. He cried about 5 times and that was it, at first I was worried, but he was just quiet! Beth and I instantly started crying, it was probably the first timed I really started crying the whole time. The anestheliologist joked at me that I need to start on his college fund now....lol.

About a minute later they said "Come on over daddy" and I got my first glimpse of Reilly. He was so gorgeous, and he was so quiet! He wasn't even crying, he was just moving around, getting used to this new world. Shortly after I was able to hold him and take him to Beth, and I don't need to tell you how happy she was.

Right after that I had to leave the operating room with Reilly and the head nurse, and he was put into the carrier thing and we went out to the waiting room to show my mom's and Beth's best friend. When we came around the corner they were already all in tears cause they were worried about Beth, but when they saw the baby and the nurse told them everything was ok, it was a great moment. They were so excited!

So after all of that Beth rested in her original labor room, and then we moved to her recovery room. Like I said, Beth's employment here at the hospital has some perks, and she was able to get the "Empress Suite", which is actually 4 rooms in one, so we have this huge private room that has a fridge, private shower and bathroom, and a whole little couch sitting area. Trust me, all the other rooms share a bathroom and the shower is across the hall, I can't tell you how nice this is!!

They actually came and served us "high tea" in the afternoon today, it was all this fancy tea and desserts, I mean, it's just great!

Beth loved her "Mom" necklace that I got her, she started crying when she saw it! She's wearing it right now!

So, to wrap it all up (I probably missed a bunch but I'll be able to post a bit more tomorrow), Reilly is doing great, mommy is doing great! He weighed 7 pounds 11 ounces, and was 21 inches long.

Oh, and what most of you are waiting for, he was born at 11:01 AM on April 14th!!!!

I'm going to go help Beth a bit now, my mom and dad are coming over in a bit, so want to get stuff done before tonight. I'll probably be more active tomorrow!

Oh, and here isa picture, but trust me, I have A LOT more, and some really great one's, but this is the only one I could get on her moms computer right now.....

.....so I introduce to you Reilly Russell Olson.

IMG_0140.jpg

Woo-hoo!!!! Welcome Reilly!!! :lovestruc

He's beautiful!! Congratulations to both of you!!

lol Rhonda, thanks, but "she" is a "he"!!! I'll forgive you this time, but I expect a get out of jail free card for that one....lol

Wow! Glad everything turned out great! He is a very handsome little man!
Congrats!:cheer2: :cheer2:

Congratulations! Glad everyone is doing well. Reilly is so adorable!!! Enjoy him while his little and cuddly and doesn't talk back to you!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!! Enjoy your precious gift, he's beautiful and I bet he has your hair, lol.

Actually, he's got a nice head of hair, I would have though not since my brother and I both didn't have hair when we were born, but he's got some nice dark hair right now. Probably more then I have....haha

lol Rhonda, thanks, but "she" is a "he"!!! I'll forgive you this time, but I expect a get out of jail free card for that one....lol

Oops - I knew that! I was just so excited, it was a typo! lol

I know it sounds korny, but now you know that you have never really loved anyone like you do when you first see them!! It is indescribable how much that one little person can change your life in a split second.

CONGRATULATIONS! And welcome to the "DADS" club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter