OT: Elf Capades 2009..... post your ideas/past elf pranks here! :o)

Our Elf, Buddy (the boys named him) came yesterday via a firetruck!!! When the boys came home from school, Santa had placed Buddy in the bucket of their ladder truck along with a note and a Lego Adven calendar to count down the days till Buddy goes back to the North Pole.

The boys were SO cute!!!! So excited!

Last night Buddy made a mess with the Legos on the floor but built a house. Tonight he made a Xmas tree out of soup cans, complete with garland and a Longaberger basket Star as a tree topper!!!!! I did it in front of the kitchen door, then remembered that I had to get something out of the car.....opps! Needless to say, I had to do it again!!!!!

I don't know who is having more fun with this, me or them! TOday I was at my chiro's office, explaining to his receptionist (now a friend) about Buddy, when another patient questioned why I was doing this. I said, "honey, you don't have kids yet do you? If you did, you would understand why I'm doing it!"

Thanks everyone for all the ideas. I plan on borrowing some of them for our Buddy!!!

HUGS
STar

Maybe your elf could decide to have a sleep-over in another room (living room?) with a bunch of other stuffed animals. They could be covered with a blanket all together or all sticking out of your kids' sleeping bag. Maybe with remnants of having eaten foods together, etc.??

Got a pull-out couch? They could be on there? (I know that's a lot of hassle, though.)

Buddy's Arrival

BuddytheElf004.jpg

Meet Buddy!

BuddytheElf001.jpg

Night 1.....Lego mess
BuddytheElf010.jpg

Night 2...Canned Good Xmas tree

BuddytheElf015.jpg

Day 2
This morning the kids woke up to find their elves all in their sliegh by the trees, The kids had written them letters asking questions before bed last night so they had the letter with their answers by the sleigh.

14352_206378046788_694821788_4039630_1106198_n.jpg

Then this afternoon, my DD4 and I had some errands to run and then we had to pick up the boys from school, when we walked in our door They could hear Christmas music blaring out of the computer, and the elves were at the desk with a message on the screen to remind the kids to watch Prep & Landing.

My printer ran out of ink last night so I didnt get a chance to print off the stuff I wanted to :( But this worked just as well!

14352_207206321788_694821788_4048107_5549799_n.jpg

Day 3

The kids woke this morning to find their elves sleeping under the tree, Elvin had written a letter to Preston telling him that he found the perfect sleeping bag.. Preston's lunch bag!! The one Mrs Claus made him is a bit small, she had gotten his measurements wrong :) Elvin also snuck into Preston's Back Pack and found three Christmas books, he said he read one to Skeeter and Trixie before bed and that he loves to be read to too, He said he thought Preston did a wonderful job reading his homework last night. He also left Preston a few jokes to read on the back of his note.

Q: Why does Santa have 3 gardens?
A: so he can HO-HO-HO

Q: What do you get when you cross a snowman and a vampire?
A: FROSTBITE

Q: What do you call Frosty the snowman in May?
A: A Puddle

Q: What do snowmen eat for breakfast?
A: Snowflakes

14352_207595126788_694821788_4051466_161811_n.jpg

Day 4

Tonight the elves were so excited for the kids to hurry up and get to bed, they knew that their favorite thing was waiting for them outside.. SNOW, First snow of December, just a light dusting... BUT enough to make a snowman.. of course the first one they brought in melted before they could even get it over by the trees so they decided to be sneaky and make one out of cottonballs, then they rolled him in some of their magic snow from in their sleeping bags to keep him nice and cool and prevent any melting.

14352_208246571788_694821788_4056505_16934_n.jpg

They left a note for the kids praising Z for working so hard on cleaning his room before bed tonight and Thanking Preston and Eliana for bringing them to school with them to show off to their friends.

I get the feeling these crazy elves have a bit of a "SHOW OFF" streak in them!!

Any elves out there with a facebook page? Our elf Peter Peppermint is currently making his own facebook page to make reporting back to Santa easier. Peter will be making his arrival tonight. His sister Penelope will arrive in my daughter's luggage on Sunday(she's heading to visit the grandparents) if you want to friend our elves let me know!

Any elves out there with a facebook page? Our elf Peter Peppermint is currently making his own facebook page to make reporting back to Santa easier. Peter will be making his arrival tonight. His sister Penelope will arrive in my daughter's luggage on Sunday(she's heading to visit the grandparents) if you want to friend our elves let me know!

I didnt make my elves a FB page, but I do have a myspace page :) And I have a group on FB too :)

I had seen this thread and never stopped to read it until today... I was thinking DS11 is too old... then thought of the notes and gifts "someone" left in our room in WDW. DS & DD enjoyed it thoroughly. I am going to look for an elf tonight!:santa:

12/4/09

Trixie Skeeter and Elvin discovered DS11's pokemon cards, they were pretty wowed by the fact that he had SOOOO Many Pokemon friends and they all sent him these cool Christmas cards.. They were a little sad that none of the "Christmas Cards" were very Merry at all.....?

ROFLMBO.. My kids were laughing up a storm over this....

14352_209029111788_694821788_4061200_4156394_n.jpg

Our elf, C.C. Mintenstollen, arrived last night (he appears in our car when we're at our town tree lighting ceremony - Santa arrives on a fire truck to the event and somehow C.C. always hitches a ride and makes it into the car to wait for us!)

Clearly the underwear on the tree antic from last year was a hit because the first thing my DS said this morning was "will you check my underwear drawer? is there any underwear in it? what does the tree look like?" LOL, he was disappointed that C.C. didn't "decorate" the tree last night. I'd better get going on the antics!!! Thanks for all of the great suggestions on this thread!

Our elves Merry and Jingle, and baby reindeer Sprinkles arrived on the 1st with chocolate calenders. On the 2nd they wrapped lights around the toilet and sink, dyed the toilet water green, and wrote on the bathroom mirror. Last night they got into my sewing kit and sewed bells onto their hats and shoes. Tonight they're baking a cake!

Great ideas everyone - love this thread!

Our elf Abbott does a lot of mischief and we have so much fun with him. This year he told us that we was jealous of our son having 2 dogs so he brought his own pet with him. A reindeer. My son names him Rudolph. :santa: Last night Abbott decided to go fishing. He got a big glass bowl from our cabinet and filled with gold fish. Then found my cross stitching string and tied some string to the end of a straw to make a fishing pole. Rudolph tried to help him string the pole and flew all over the kitchen with the string. It was hanging everywhere. Abbott got a hook from my son's tackle box and caught 5 fish with it. My son was beside himself when we walked in the kitchen this morning to find what Abbott and Rudolph had done. It was hysterical. :rotfl2: Other things Abbott has done is put underwear all over the Christmas tree, build a road from bedroom living room with building block and put all the cars on it, play the wii, toilet paper the bedroom so we couldn't even get out of bed, bake cookies and leave flour all over the place, go to Mc'd, drove to dollar general to get a gift that mommy wouldn't buy the day before, hang snow flakes all over living room that he had made. Some things we plan to do this year are the angel figures in flour and I am working on him being kidnapped by another elf and us finding him at a friend's house where they have played outside all night or something. Keep sharing, I am always looking for new ideas!! Merry Christmas everyone.

Elf Abbott also has a facebook page and I intend on posting lots of pictures this year. I'm sure he would love to have other elves to chat with. magicelfabbott is his username. Maybe tonight I'll take losts of pictures of the family sleeping and pretend that Abbott did it and post them on his facebook page. My son would love that one. :thumbsup2

I posted this in last years thread, but I will repeat it here--get a calendar for the month of December (print one out, if needed) and write down what your elf will be doing each night until Christmas. It makes it SO much easier to get things ready, etc., if you have the plans in front of you. I wrote mine in pencil so that I could switch if needed, but at least I knew what I was working with--and if I had any gaps! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Excellent idea! Just like menu planning - it should be so much easier to do when I have things pre-planned.

I just put together a calendar in Word with some of my favorite suggestions from this thread along with a few ideas of my own. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share it - just PM me your e-mail address.

Excellent idea! Just like menu planning - it should be so much easier to do when I have things pre-planned.

I just put together a calendar in Word with some of my favorite suggestions from this thread along with a few ideas of my own. If anyone is interested I'd be happy to share it - just PM me your e-mail address.

PMing you right now!! Thanks!!

Our family has an elf (Buddy) who arrived Monday evening while we were eating dinner. So far Buddy has left Christmas pez dispensers for my kids under the tree in ds' room, took a spin with Barbie in her pink convertible in the dining room, and hung himself and some candy canes in the chandelier in youngest dd's room.

Tonight I predict he is going to hang the kids' underwear in the downstairs Christmas tree. One night he is going to wrap the kids' bedroom doors with wrapping present that they'll have to break out of to escape...but I'm going to have to wait for a night that I can stay up really late.:goodvibes

I have a question for you guys, do you leave whatever your "elf" does during the night for the whole day? How do you clean up the mess they make without touching him?? Aren't we not allowed to touch the elf?? My daughter and I have been having some trouble because usually my GS wants something that "Frisbee" is holding, like this morning he used Jake's flashlight, because apparently he flew back and it was still dark so he needed it. Jake wanted the flashlight, so we carefully took it out of "Frisbee's" hands without touching him. Help! Want to set these scenes up but some can't be left all day- how do you handle this?

I have a question for you guys, do you leave whatever your "elf" does during the night for the whole day? How do you clean up the mess they make without touching him?? Aren't we not allowed to touch the elf?? My daughter and I have been having some trouble because usually my GS wants something that "Frisbee" is holding, like this morning he used Jake's flashlight, because apparently he flew back and it was still dark so he needed it. Jake wanted the flashlight, so we carefully took it out of "Frisbee's" hands without touching him. Help! Want to set these scenes up but some can't be left all day- how do you handle this?

We touch our elves. The first year we did it the rules of the elf we had found said the kids couldn't touch him or he would loose his magic, but it just wasn't practical for us. So last year when our elf came he came with magic snow from the north pole that restores his magic each night, the only thing that can totally strip him of his elf magic is if a human sees them moving around.

We touch him, too. For one thing, the kids adore Snowflake and want to play with him, bring him in the car, etc.

Second of all, Snowflake is a very troublesome little elf, and he makes a huge mess. I'm always crabbing about how we got such a little michief-maker, what was Santa thinking? We suspect Santa ditched him on us to get him out of the North Pole--like I don't have enough to do with 4 kids and 3 cats! After he made paper snowflakes, I had to write a strongly worded letter to Santa about Snowflake's behavior. I have a suspicion that Santa will be sending us an early present in apology.

Of course, this only adds to the realism, as I go around forever telling the kids to pick up, clear their place at the table, don't make a mess, no eating in the family room, on and on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter