OT: Elf Capades 2009..... post your ideas/past elf pranks here! :o)

kldmom2000

DIS Veteran
Here's last year's thread...
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1961457&highlight=elf

Halloween is over and before we know it, it'll be time for the elves to come back to visit!!!! :)

We introduced Charlie last year to the girls... they LOVED having him visit! The only problem was I think we brought him in too soon (The day after Thanksgiving) so the week before Christmas I was running out of ideas!!! Last year, some of Charlie's antics were:

1. decorated the tree with the girls' unmentionables :rotfl:
2. Drove to McD's during the night, knocked over the trash cans outside our house and also left his McD's wrappings all over the floor.
3. Took all the cans out of the cupboards and built towers with them on the kitchen floor
3. Made snow angels in the flour on the counter
4. Toilet papered the living room
5. Played hide and seek quite often
6. Lined up the girls' webkinz as reindeer and made a sleigh out of ribbon and a gift box
7. Had a tea party with their American Girl dolls
8. Wrote Merry Christmas all over the sliding glass door and bathroom mirror with lipstick
10. Was found with popcorn all over him and his "friends" (the girls' Barbies and stuffed animals) and a stack of Christmas DVD's next to them in front of the TV...

Looking for lots of ideas.... I think he'll be coming about 2 weeks before Christmas this time so I don't have to go crazy trying to come up with new things :rotfl: :rotfl:

My girls are 9 and 7. I WISH I'd known about this years ago but only heard about it last year here on the disboards :thumbsup2 Hoping to get at least one or two more years out of it while they still believe!!!! :):goodvibes

Our elf's name is Mickey, but he just hides in a different spot each night. The kids scramble out of bed (well, not so much the 11 year old!:rotfl:) each morning to find him somewhere in our house.

So, I will be watching this thread to see what ideas everyone has. Maybe Mickey will have to start pranking the kiddies!

I started this last year with my then 2 year old. I can't wait to bring Krumpet back this year!! Let's see....mostly he played with her toys alot, different setups and such. He also made a mess with flour, hung paper snowflakes on the ceiling (that one took all night, cutting them all out...I saved them for this year), brought a few little gifts (xmas dvds), brought DD her small xmas tree for her room and set it up (while making a mess of course) in the living room, that is about all I can remember right now.
Can't wait to see others ideas.

In addition to soem of the things already posted, Melvin has pulled all the undies from Daddy's drawer and piled them up on top of him, her got "stuck" in a toliet paper roll when rolling down the stairs, and of course he made himself a nasty bfast of cereal with syrup and m&m's.

Last year was the elves' first visit to our house and my kids loved them. Although after much thought and consideration, I decided that Jem and Scout would not be toooooooo mischevious or messy. That's too much work to clean up! :-)

I sometimes used them to make life easier on myself. :-) Like the night I stayed up late baking Christmas cookies. I just left the mess in the kitchen, and propped them up like they made the cookies! Voila!

I think my kids' favorite was when Scout and Jem took the van to McDonald's. The kids woke up to find them with mostly eaten Happy Meals at the kitchen counter, and the van keys next to them.

I also took pictures of the elves every night in the midst of their escapades. Then I made a little photo album on Shutterfly, and wrote little notes in the album from the elves about each of the escapades - as if they were talking to my kids about it. When my kids got the "thank you notes" from their elves they were ecstatic.

Looking forward to another season of magic . . . :-)

Love the ideas so far... keep them coming! :)

We also had Charlie keep a journal for the girls that they looked forward to reading every morning .... :) They could in turn right back to him and he was quite hilarious with his responses :rotfl: to their questions....

We have a reindeer-in-training, Gumdrop, who visits us. Last year was his first year and my DD just fell in love with Gumdrop and all his antics. Some of the things that Gumdrop did that haven't been mentioned yet were:

He was caught going to eat a bowl of candy corn for breakfast. No milk though, reindeers like their cereal plain.

He wrapped himself in DD's scarf and fell asleep in the xmas tree. He missed the north pole.

He made hot chocolate for himself (and drank it) and left a mug of hot chocolate waiting for hot water for my DD. He made a mess of the hot chocolate and marshmallows. Gumdrop's hot chocolate is also waaaaay better than mine. ;)

He read some xmas books to the stuffed animals that were downstairs.

He tried to decorate our living room with lots of tinsel. He thought that we hadn't decorated enough, I guess...

He was caught having a movie night with a new xmas dvd and made a mess with the popcorn he was eating on our coffee table.

He gave her a new holiday coloring book and even colored in a page for her.

That's all that I can think of right now. Gumdrop was pretty active at night in our house, but most of his activites were pretty easy.

I'll have to keep an eye on this thread to get some more ideas for this year.

These are a riot! Can somebody start at the beginning though and tell me how this starts and the purpose of it? Just for fun?

Bought a box of Captain Crunch Xmas cereal today that I put away for our elves to bring. He has brought Xmas games, new pj's, advent calenders, new tooth brushes( after drawing Xmas trees on the counter with toothpaste) hidden in the tree, wreath, lamps, under a throw watching a new DVD. I can't wait. We start the day after Thanksgiving.

subbing! We usually start the day after Thanksgiving too! Usually he just moved around the house. I can't wait to have him do more tricks!!!

Somebody please explain this, what is going on? Do you literally have an elf figure that you set up with these props or do you just leave the messes and they never see the actual elf? Is this just for fun? Where do I get an elf?

My DS is 11, but this sounds like great fun I've never heard of it before. Would he just be unamused and totally bored with it? I'd probably have to do some really gross/disguisting pranks to get a smile out of him. :rotfl:

Just a few I remember: threw an elf party for DD and DS and 2 friends each, baked a cake for baby Jesus on Xmas Eve, folded dollar bills into elf boots, went to Mc Donalds, TP'd the bathroom and turned the toilet water green, wrapped the school books in wrapping paper and left a note asking to go to school with them, snowball fight with marshmellows, left the elf movie and popcorn all over the living room, made spaghetti breakfast with choc syrup all over it. A few we plan this year: making a snowman and leaving the snowman kit, Christmas toilet paper in the bathroom, making Christmas figures out of legos, advent calendars, put candy canes all over and leave The legend of the candycane book. We will probably repeat a few as well and make them traditions such as the birthday cake for Jesus. Keep the ideas coming, I need a lot of new ones.

DD elf also made an appearance in WDW this last August to give Tink a break. She hid in the suitcase with gifts from Tink. That way Tink wouldn't have to come late at night to leave them.:thumbsup2

These are a riot! Can somebody start at the beginning though and tell me how this starts and the purpose of it? Just for fun?

I'd read about it 2 years ago here on the Dis... but it was too late in the season to do it :(.... so last year I started early. Ordered my elf, Charlie, from Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Plush-Santas-...e=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1257208955&sr=1-1
though any elf will do....

Anyhow, "Santa" sends the elf to your home with a note explaining that during the day, the elf is not "alive"... but he is at night. He watches the kids by day to report their behavior back to Santa but tends to get a bit mischievous at night :rotfl: In the original post, there's the link to last year's elf capades with lots of ideas for the mischief and such.... also check out http://www.elfontheshelf.com/#/home Some friends of mine have done it for years, but never had their elves do any mischief... they just watch over the kids by day and then they find him in a different spot each morning.... I think it's more fun to throw in the mischief though! :thumbsup2 My girls looked forward to each morning to see what Charlie's antics were from the night before! The only problem is I ran out of ideas after last year and I need some really good ones for this year so I don't have to repeat everything! :) :) My girls are already asking when Charlie's coming back and sent Santa a letter asking him to return to us.... I'm considering getting the girls elf too so they can cause twice the chaos..... :scared1::rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Oh, and some pics from Charlie's stunts last year....
DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0073-1.jpg

DSC_0088-2.jpg

DSC_0083.jpg

let me just say i love the disboards, i first read about this here last year and immediately found a set of elves. they are tallulah and randolf. macys had a boxed set that had a code like webkins to go online. i think they were about 20 dollars for the set. most of my ideas were from last years thread.i have to say that it was my absolute favorite thing about christmas. the kids looked forward to seeing what the elves were up to and it didnt cost anything after getting the elves.
-talllulah and randolf set up a zip line from the tree to the couch.
-they put elf the movie in the dvd player and fell asleep in a bowl of popcorn
-they set up the little people nativity and christmas playsets
- they used the digital camera and took pictures of themselves playing with the kids toys
-they ate spaghetti with syrup and sprinkles
-they put undies (and pull ups) on the tree (mommy and daddys too)
-they decorated the windows with snow in a can
-they made snow angels in flour
-they toilet papered the bathroom
-they did elf pee ( green food coloring) and poop (cereal) and forgot to flush
-they had a cotton ball (snow ball fight)
cant wait to hear lots of new ideas for this year
it is a lot of work but so worth it to see the joy on my kids faces every morning as they rush around to find out what trouble the elves have gotten into

aww...I want little kids again just so I can do this!! At 16, 13 and almost 10 years old, my girls are too old to really get into this.

I went to Michael's last night and they had some really cute elves on an endcap for around $16.99 I think...........

Our elves come Dec. 1st. We can't wait!!!

I will have to get my list out to see what we are going to do. I try and look for things all year long. They don't bring "presents" every night.

We love this too! Let the countdown start!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter