OT: Elf Capades 2009..... post your ideas/past elf pranks here! :o)

Ok, Frisbee was really busy last night in my house- he hung dozens of candy canes from ribbon all over my kitchen, my GS was hysterical when he saw it!! My son walked into my house this morning and asked who put the "Limbo" lines up and told us that we were crazy..... I don't know what we are going to do when Frisbee goes back to Santa's house. LOVE THIS!

Need a good idea for tonight- someone give me one!

One night Missy decorated the other trees in the house--ficus, palm, etc.

Two nights ago, she and the stuffed reindeer played CandyLand all night.

Last night, she was reading them stories.

Your elf could make a mess while making some cocoa or be upside down in the stocking with a measuring tape (checking the size for Santa)--heck, we've even had Missy play the Wii and get into Dad's sock drawer looking for 'stockings' (since he has the biggest feet, of course!) Look around your house and think about what would be 'tempting' to a little kid who has never been there before--I'll bet you can come up with a lot of ideas just from checking out your GS's toys and bedroom! Good luck!:goodvibes

We live in a poker-playing household - my dad has been teaching DS9 how to play poker so he'll be ready to hit Vegas when he's 21. So last night, our elf Krumpet and my teddy bear DJ played five-card stud while DS was sleeping. We think Krumpet's magic must have worn off on his poker hands...he was showing a royal flush! :goodvibes

Ok, Frisbee was really busy last night in my house- he hung dozens of candy canes from ribbon all over my kitchen, my GS was hysterical when he saw it!! My son walked into my house this morning and asked who put the "Limbo" lines up and told us that we were crazy..... I don't know what we are going to do when Frisbee goes back to Santa's house. LOVE THIS!

Need a good idea for tonight- someone give me one!

A few nights ago our little Krumpet was found hiding in the fridge...since it's cold he went it there so he could be reminded of home...

Krumpet and Marley (our Webkinz moose) played Twister...Donald Duck was spinning the arrow...

Krumpet has played with DS's Nintendo DS...

JibJab allows you to "Elf Yourself," so Krumpet created a video with himself and DS as hip hop dancers...just Google JibJab Elf Yourself...

Hope this helps!

last night our elves, Jingle and Jangle, decorated the bathroom. I found the music boxes at Big Lots - a set of 3 for $10, mirror sticker was from a dollar store, and the trains were around $3 each at Walmart. They also placed small LED light strings (battery operated) around the mirror edge (those were from qvc).
img1705e.jpg

DAYS 10 & 11

The day after Santa Buddies... Wednesday Night I guess that is! Our elves went on Strike because the kids were naughty and wouldn't clean their rooms or pickup their messes in the living room

14352_220750576788_694821788_4129461_1332517_n.jpg

They stayed on Strike for TWO whole days

14352_220750581788_694821788_4129462_4054620_n.jpg

DAY 12

Friday The elves went with us for our anual baking weekend at Great Grams. They were devistated when we got there and she did NOT have a single Christmas decoration up. They searched high and low for her Christmas tree, and finally decided there was too much stuff that they'd NEVER find a tree. Instead they brought up a little step ladder from the basement and did their best to decorate it to look just LIKE a tree!

14352_220751501788_694821788_4129464_6380691_n.jpg

DAY 13

SATURDAY Skeeter, Elvin and Trixie spent all day watching Grams and Zack play cards while mom, PD and L cut out cookies and baked them. They decided to try their hands at a game after everyone went to bed

14352_220751506788_694821788_4129465_4957435_n.jpg

Skeeter listening to Z's mp3 player while he kept score durring their card game

14352_220751526788_694821788_4129467_7415225_n.jpg

Elvin checking out the hand Skeeter just delt him

14352_220751536788_694821788_4129468_2435704_n.jpg

Trixie deciding what cards she should play while she enjoys a few cracker crumbs.

14352_220751541788_694821788_4129469_7166435_n.jpg

DAY 14

Skeeter, Elvin & Trixie brought the kids new tooth brushes since they had a pretty high sugar intake with all the cookies and frosting they sampled, they wanted to make sure the kids teeth stay clean and bright :)

14352_220788376788_694821788_4129601_4225220_n.jpg

DAYS 10 & 11

The day after Santa Buddies... Wednesday Night I guess that is! Our elves went on Strike because the kids were naughty and wouldn't clean their rooms or pickup their messes in the living room

14352_220750576788_694821788_4129461_1332517_n.jpg

They stayed on Strike for TWO whole days

14352_220750581788_694821788_4129462_4054620_n.jpg

This is brilliant!!! I showed DS the photos and let him know that CC, our elf, could do the same if his listening ears were a problem. He asked about it again on the way to school, so I know it went in and he's processing it :thumbsup2

We are having such a blast with this this year! This is our third year, but I think DS was too small to understand and appreciate it as much in the past. He had fun, don't get me wrong, but not as much as this year. (He'll be 6 in January).

The funny thing is that DS is attributing more things to CC than we're doing!

Frankie was found in the fridge with a note saying he missed his home in the cold north pole... he was found with a very cool snowman orenement from Kohls with my DD;s name on it and it lights up (on sale for $1.50) - SHE LOVED IT!!!

Not sure what I will do tonight - better get my thinking cap on

I have some cute pictures of Flurry who is visiting my 11yr DS. How do you post the pictures?

'Rudolph' tried to pack the kids lunches a couple of days ago. They each had a can of green beans, an unopened bottle of bbq sauce, a huge bottle of cranberry juice, cereal poured on top, about 10 forks and the fake berries from our garland. They loved that one!

I have some cute pictures of Flurry who is visiting my 11yr DS. How do you post the pictures?

These are instructions off of the disboutiquers thread.

1. Upload the pic of your choice to photobucket
2. Resize the pic in photobucket click on the thumbnail of the picture, it will open up, then click (above the pic)> resize > 15" screen- it will make you verify that you would like to resize the pic (I like the 800X600 size pictures instead of the message board setting, it shows lots more detail)
3. After the pic has resized, go to your album, below the pic that you would like to post, there are 4 different codes (email & IM, direct link, html code & IMG code) Click in the box that has the has the IMG code. It will look something like this http: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
When you click on that box, it will light up in yellow, and say "Copied"
4. In the thread on the Dis (in another open window), click on "post reply". When you are ready to post the pic, right click - a box will open, click on paste. This will paste the link that you copied from your photobucket account.
5. Post reply. The pic should show up![/COLOR]

[COLOR="SeaGreen"]However if you do NOT have a photobucket account, but some other oline place you show pictures, for instance mine are off of my facebook page, if you go to your image the right click the bottom choice will be "Properties" you need to double click on image url so that the entire thing is highlighted. then copy it, then in the thread you want to post your pictures you will type [IMG] then with out spaces paste that url and end it with
You could ALSO click on the little picture insert button that looks like it has mountains in it and post the image url you coppied there instead of worrying about typing in your own code

Good Luck!!

Missy was found playing "Dora Saves the Snow Princess" on Wii this morning. Good thing I scheduled that on a non-preschool day--DD decided to help her win, instead of doing her normal morning routine! :laughing: I should have known--she did the same thing when Missy was found playing Candyland with the reindeer! :lmao:

Here are some pictures of some things Elvin has been up to at our house...

The star we had for our tree is too top heavy and so we're starless this year. Elvin realizes that he is a Super Star Elf and could help us out with completing our tree.
ChristmasFun2009029.jpg

Then he decided DS would make a great elf and so he Elf'd him

Here's a link to our Disco Dancing Elf-Son

Next he heard us talking about how much fun the rides are at WDW so he decided to create his own ride on the ceiling fan:
ChristmasFun2009025.jpg

He learned an important elf lesson though. An elf shouldn't eat a bunch of candy canes before getting on a ride because we found this elf puke on the floor:

ChristmasFun2009026.jpg

Then he got all wrapped up reading the book about mummies that DS brought home from school:

001.jpg

And then he told us that when we sing about reindeer games (from Rudolph) that they love to play not only Monopoly but Go Fish as well.

016.jpg

OK, I have to share a NOT to do...

My DS is at the stage where he puts a band-aid on any and every tiny scrape, scratch, bruise, etc. So we're going through band-aids like crazy and I just bought a mongo box at BJs the other night. Well, CC got into them and put them all over himself. It was quite funny and DS loved it...

HOWEVER the adhesive plastic parts are not coming off of poor CC! I've picked, my DH has picked, and we've made a little headway, but not much. I told DS that he might need to go to the seamstress shop once he gets back to the North Pole to get his suit fixed up and all of the band-aids removed (I'm thinking that I'll end up ordering a new CC off of Amazon for next year, if he's available - he's currently unavailable!), or does anyone have any suggestions on getting band-aids off of a little plush body?

What is your elf doing tonight? I want to do something really cool on the last night, but I can't think of anything. Any suggestions??

DS6 was really sad last year when we had to pack him up and put him under the tree for Santa to take back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. I would really like to make his last night extra special :goodvibes

What is your elf doing tonight? I want to do something really cool on the last night, but I can't think of anything. Any suggestions??

DS6 was really sad last year when we had to pack him up and put him under the tree for Santa to take back to the North Pole on Christmas Eve. I would really like to make his last night extra special :goodvibes

Tonight is party night. We usually have leftover crepe paper, balloons, etc. In our basement playroom, there will be crepe paper hanging on the walls, balloons on the floor, bowls of mostly eaten popcorn, chips, candy, etc. (we usually use stuff that is going stale; an empty pizza box also adds to the scene), cups with remnants of punch or juice (pour a little in a cup then swirl it around to stain the cup and empty it into another). All of the stuffed animals are set up in party mode (playing party games, mingling, conga line, etc.) there is Christmas music on the radio. The girls love it!

In addition to the ideas that I've "borrowed" from this thread, our elf Charlie has decorated the inside of the fridge with tinsel, and was on the computer reading the NORAD Santa site. I think DS will be quite sad when Charlie goes home so I think that there will be a special gift from Charlie. Hopefully there won't be tears on Christmas morning (there were tears when Charlie hid in the freezer saying he missed the North Pole).

Yeah, DS was really sad last year too when we had to leave CC in his stocking for Santa to pick up. In fact the day before CC went missing! DS had hidden him (pretty well, I might add).

Tonight CC will be burning the midnight oil and working on his 2009 Elf Report (he has a little manilla folder with past Elf reports in it). I figure he will be using a pair of either my or DH's glasses and have a cup of coffee to make it through the hard work. So I guess that isn't that special or fun, but I think it will go over well - since for us that is CC's job: to give a report to Santa on how good DS has been.

Do your elves leave a little special gift for your kids? CC left a Polar Express bell for DS last year and this year he's leaving him a Webkins puppy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter