Organize Your Scrap Space - 2010 Edition - Week 5 It's All About the Photos

Hope I have a TON of extra space in here now. I bet 30 people standing up would just touch each other. It'a awesome. I can't wait to actually scrap now. I think I'm going to have dad build me a bookcase for the finished books and put that at the end of the cabinet, maybe....... so much room I just can't decide what to do with it. Although now I can have friends over to scrap up here.

Thank you for you help. It was your rearrangments that got the brain moving.

Back at it today and have made some progress - I'm actually really excited! Thanks for the inspiration, everyone! :thumbsup2

Here's my bookcase for CM product for sale, though it's not all loaded up yet:
IMG_6134.jpg

Here's a look at that unusual nook. The case on the left holds all my business items like catalogs, order forms, items I need for my team meetings, etc. The case on the right holds all my personal product. This is where I need a lot of organizing.
IMG_6133.jpg

This is what I'm most excited about! The case around the corner from my personal stuff is holding most of my completed albums!! There are so many when I pull them together!! I love how it makes me feel and I sure am ready to do more!
IMG_6132.jpg

My two display and tools tables are still a disaster as I work through everything. I removed a card table from the corner to make room for that product for sale bookcase - it was amazing the junk that has accumulated underneath. Sames goes for the other tables. So, still plugging away. I really need about 10 Power Sort Boxes to organize it all in, but I'm just not spending that for a temporary fix.

Question for all of you. How do you organize your paper and stickers and everything? I see a previous poster talking about the ziploc baggies for vacation memorabilia, great idea. Do you then keep all your Disney scrapbooking stuff together? And your baby stuff together? Or is it just paper and then by color? Just wondering on philosophies.

Might not get anymore done tonight, leaving for gymnastics for both girls. Back late.

Keep working and posting everyone. Very fun to be in this together!

Good for you all- You inspired me to work on my room. I have 3 walls in my area- 1 is actually a sliding door and I keep my table for using my cricut on there and I kept that there. I have one wall that has a window at about my shoulder level across the whole wall and then another wall with a small window on the end. My work table had been across the window wall and my high stacks of stuff (2 wire shelves of paper, a loofi block set, and a stack of 8.5 by 11 drawers for swap items). I switched these 2 sets of things freeing up the srea over my table for additional shelving.

Now I just have to sort out everything out and firugre out where I want to keep things but I do have more room this way.

Rebecca

Cindy, my paper is sorted by color White, ROY G BIV (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, violet), Brown, Grey, Black. I have some paper sorted by line like Basic Grey, CM, etc. Then Disney, seasons, holidays, travel, kids, then patterned paper by ROY G BIV.
My stickers and other embellishments are sorted the same way in binders with page protectors. I use baseball size protectors for small things, 4x6 protectors for medium things and 8 1/2 x 11 for large items and sheets of stickers.

Here is the link to last year's version of this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2045077

It's a long thread, but there are lots of pictures with different ideas people posted.

I use the Cropper Hopper storage system. For $25 Michaels sells a vertical paper file, that comes with 4 smaller pockets. I would buy them with a coupon. The larger file is for my cardstock, the smaller ones for my patterned paper. Basically sorted the same as Buffy. Primarily theme, with a little manufacturer, and some by pattern. My stickers are sorted in Sticker Envelopes also made by Cropper Hopper. Most of my stickers are Disney, which are sorted by character. The envelopes have multiple pockets for different sizes, so I actually store a lot of paper and my swap stuff in those envelopes too. So I have Cinderella, Mickey, Belle, etc. Other stickers are sorted by theme. It's mostly different holidays, animals, beach, cruise, other travel.

I've sorted all my loose paper. Got all the 12x12 sheets put away and now I'm working on scraps. This is where I get frustrated because I have all my scraps sorted by color and brand and it's a pain in the butt matching stuff up. I'm tempted to toss it all. LOL
I think I will put what's not sorted back into the scraps bin and call it a night on that part.

Thanks for the reminder Hope.
Disney stuff is sorted by park, then by land. Characters are sorted in alphabetical order, then resorts, restaurants, transportation, general, halloween, Christmas, and Pirate and Princess Party. Characters are all in binders, everything else is in my new Scraprack bag which is like a bigger version of a binder.

Hope I have a TON of extra space in here now. I bet 30 people standing up would just touch each other. It'a awesome. I can't wait to actually scrap now. I think I'm going to have dad build me a bookcase for the finished books and put that at the end of the cabinet, maybe....... so much room I just can't decide what to do with it. Although now I can have friends over to scrap up here.

Thank you for you help. It was your rearrangments that got the brain moving.

That sounds like an invitation to me! Road Trip!

That it is Jennifer!! I would love to have you all here.
Thank you for the comments ladies. Just got in from a basketball game guess this town teaches them young how to play nasty. But we won by 1.

Pixieflip Love the pics your getting there!!
Buffy toss them it's a freeing feeling. I must have tossed a 2" stack.
Rebecca glad to help:lmao:

Once all my little fires are put out I plan on attacking the sticker issue. Right now they are okay just don't like them in a box or in the 3 ring binders. or i need an easier/closer to me spot so I remeber them.

for now the room rests and I'm going to as well. It's been a long day. And if could be a long week, game tomorrow, practice and a concert on wed,thurs swim, fri practice and swim, sat swim meet and sun ccd. I'm going to need a day off Plus they have no school fri and I think mon for inservice days.

Good work everyone!!!:dance3:

Yep, I heard an invitation, too! And I will also extend one too. Obviously I can have a bunch at once, after the clean sweep, of course. Wouldn't that be fun?

You guys definitely have way more stuff than I do, but I do have Grandma's 65 years of marriage, Mom's 40 years, plus all my stuff- 17 years. That's a lot of photos. That's my logjam right now.

10 bags of trash! Feels great. :cool1:

I have the containers for my stickers and paper, but needed to think what order to do. I've been doing the roygbiv, but have accumulated some kits. I think I will keep the kist the way they are. I'm overthinking it!

I'm scrapping at my friend's house tomorrow. Yeah! We are planning our NSD retreat.

Cindy 10 bags of trash YOU ROCK:cool1::cool1::worship::worship:

I filled 4 and I'm sure once I do the memorilbila I'll have another. but 10 holy cow you did a great job purging.

You will definatly have the bigger space for gatherings. someday I'll take over the finished protion of the basement probably be to old and feeble to get down there. Better yet that can be the guest room, office, man cave.

Yeah, why was I hanging onto catalogs from 2005?? That'll add up to 10 bags in a heartbeat. :rotfl:

I 93 north ladies, change to I89 to I 91 and you're there about 2+ hours north of boston just into VT If 91's easier follow it north for about 60 miles once you cross into VT Only 7 miles off the interstate
You name the date.

Great job to all of you who are making such terrific progress!!

Question for all of you. How do you organize your paper and stickers and everything? I see a previous poster talking about the ziploc baggies for vacation memorabilia, great idea. Do you then keep all your Disney scrapbooking stuff together? And your baby stuff together? Or is it just paper and then by color? Just wondering on philosophies.

I use Iris cases and 12x12 Sterilite drawers. Themes like Travel, Baby, Christmas, other Holidays, Cat, all have their own drawer where I keep all paper and embellishments together. So I just have to pull out one box/drawer when I'm working on that topic. (The exception is Disney, because I have so much of that it is multiple drawers/boxes.) If I have a topic that is not enough to justify a whole drawer, I use these 12x12 plastic envelope type storage from Cropper Hopper and those are stored vertically on a shelf. I used to keep all stickers together, etc, but I found I would never remember what I had so this way works out better for me.

I 93 north ladies, change to I89 to I 91 and you're there about 2+ hours north of boston just into VT If 91's easier follow it north for about 60 miles once you cross into VT Only 7 miles off the interstate
You name the date.

Funny, if you hadn't given the Boston reference,I would have no idea where I-93 is! I live near/west of the intersection of I-29 and I-80! Probably about a two day commute from you all! I'll let you chomp on that for a while.

Another funny thought...this is probably the only scrapbooking website where we all have to put in caveats about having so much Disney scrapbook supplies that we have multiple drawers for it. :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter