** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

EXTREMELY disappointed in what our TA got for us yesterday.
she was unable to get the category we wanted.
one room is 9b - what we wanted, but the other two rooms are 9C, meaning not midship and for basically the same exorbitant price as the 9B (which is midship and has a bigger porthole and bigger room). Makes no sense at all.

Given the TA's claim that the disney site was a mess on silver CC day, i'm wondering when exactly she booked our rooms (at the very end of the day?)

i'm so upset.

i'm in the fight of my life right now against extremely aggressive triple negative breast cancer and i was hoping for this to be the big celebration of the whole family.

yes, i'm sure it sounds like i'm upset over nothing, but if it's not midship it's a dealbreaker for us.

oh well....i guess we can go to disneyland paris and ride the eurostar instead....it will work out a lot cheaper....

i'll post the prices later.....crazy high for a 7 night cruise to not the best ports in the world.....

I'm sorry this happened to you... I am sure your TA will be able to make it right if you let them know. I am sure she booked as early as she was able - several people in this thread were being told similar things by their TAs and I heard one was on hold over 10 hours yesterday. Its really not their fault if they couldn't get through. 3 days from now, when all the holds expire, you may have a much better choice of rooms. Platinum holds will expire, followed by gold and then the silvers that booked before you. If you are too upset to cruise Euro Disney is really fun too! I hope you all the best with your cancer. Cancer sucks. :(

Thanks to @AquaDame and @CamColt for keeping up with this extensive thread! This really is a nice tool for all of us to have when try to peek into the prices before we can actually book!
:disrocks::thanks:

party:You guys make it a big party!

If I go ahead and book one of my holds and later on decide to go for a higher category cabin am I right in thinking it will be at the same price as yesterday, regardless of when I change? Can I also move my cabin within the came category without it costing more? Thanks

Yep, exactly right! As long as they are open of course...! :thumbsup2

I'll add the few quotes that were posted with rates from the previous days now up to here!

So if I booked a placeholder and put the $250 down, do I pay 10% or 20% for my deposit today?

I don’t do placeholders, but as I understand it, you would pay the difference between the 250 and the amount of the deposit.

anyone looking for a hidden balcony cabin (7620) on an Alaska cruise - 2 released today (we're going in 2018 instead).

hold time today was only 90 minutes. they said yesterday was the craziest - 4 hour hold time.

I'm going to use our OBB (once I get through the long hold on the phone) to book a 2019 cruise, but two of the people of our original party may or may not join us this time - if I book for just 2 of us and later add the other 2 (to the same room), how would it affect the pricing? Would it be better if I book for all 4 of us now, and drop 2 later if they can't join us?

Sorry if this has already been answered before! My eye balls are about to fall out reading this much info lol...

I'm going to use our OBB (once I get through the long hold on the phone) to book a 2019 cruise, but two of the people of our original party may or may not join us this time - if I book for just 2 of us and later add the other 2 (to the same room), how would it affect the pricing? Would it be better if I book for all 4 of us now, and drop 2 later if they can't join us?

Sorry if this has already been answered before! My eye balls are about to fall out reading this much info lol...

A couple of issues...

1) The lifeboat could fill before you add them, making it impossible to add them.

2) You would be charged at the going rate for a 3rd and 4th passenger when you add them assuming you can.

Better to put them on and drop them later than not add them and then find out they cannot be added.

anyone looking for a hidden balcony cabin (7620) on an Alaska cruise - 2 released today (we're going in 2018 instead).

hold time today was only 90 minutes. they said yesterday was the craziest - 4 hour hold time.

I've been stalking the secret verandah rooms! Thankfully, two opened up on the sailing that I already had a Gold placeholder on. Moving our family of five from one 4B to a 7A and a category 11 across the hall saved us $1800, and maybe DH and I will get a little privacy. It is our 20th anniversary cruise after all!

For anyone looking, as of right now, 7120 is still open on the 9/9/19 Alaska sailing.

Don't kick yourself, just change it. Pricing is still locked in. So long as you keep the same sailing, any room changes are at the price they were on the day you booked.

OMG you just made my day!!! Thanks!! Just messaged my TA to change it. And also I want to say a massive thanks to Karen at Small World Vacations for killing herself for me yesterday. She was on the phone all day for us!!

Finally booked! After spending 8 hours yesterday with no success I got straight through today.

Disney Magic 7 Night Fjords 8/25
5c 2A1K $7,321.17 [2961|2961|1028.16][371.01 taxes/fees] no ins/trans/air/yes OBB

Tip to any UK callers struggling getting through to WDTC instead of DCL - press option 2 throughout for non-European cruises, worked straight away for me today.
what number are you using from U.K.?

I've been stalking the secret verandah rooms! Thankfully, two opened up on the sailing that I already had a Gold placeholder on. Moving our family of five from one 4B to a 7A and a category 11 across the hall saved us $1800, and maybe DH and I will get a little privacy. It is our 20th anniversary cruise after all!

For anyone looking, as of right now, 7120 is still open on the 9/9/19 Alaska sailing.

Maybe a hold expired for platinum...? My gold deposit says it is due tonight before midnight.

This is my first time trying to book a cruise using an OBB placeholder, been waiting on the phone for Costco Travel for over 2 hours now (because they were the travel agent I named)...:headache: I'll say that DCL's on-hold music (from what I remember) was a lot better than Costco's!

Does anyone know (when looking at a particular sailing on DCL website) whether the staterooms showing available get updated with current booking status when you browse to another section of the ship and come back?

Does anyone know (when looking at a particular sailing on DCL website) whether the staterooms showing available get updated with current booking status when you browse to another section of the ship and come back?

Let me answer this one myself. Just figured out that the stateroom availability does NOT update to current status when you just browse to another section of the ship (either switch fwd/mid/aft or changing decks) looking at the same sailing on the DCL website. However, if you move away from that sailing and come back to it, then it'll show the updated stateroom availability. Just found out that the "available" room I've been looking at all day long is actually gone :worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter