** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Let me answer this one myself. Just figured out that the stateroom availability does NOT update to current status when you just browse to another section of the ship (either switch fwd/mid/aft or changing decks) looking at the same sailing on the DCL website. However, if you move away from that sailing and come back to it, then it'll show the updated stateroom availability. Just found out that the "available" room I've been looking at all day long is actually gone :worried:

Close the page, clear your cache and come back a few minutes later. It may open up again. It did that to me this morning, but the room I was looking at eventually opened back up.

I booked 5D and needed 4C...

what's the difference between the two? different deck? midship vs forward/aft?

it turns out there were 9Bs available but only for 3 passengers...
but it's so screwball - one of the 4 passengers is a 14 month old baby that will be in a crib - so no need for a drop down bed...
so they'll have a 3 year old in the flip sofa and a 1 year old in a crib...
they don't need a drop down bed...
but the room still has to have a drop down bed for her to be allowed to be in it....so screwy...
so none of the 3 people 9Bs are ok...
so we have 9C - aft....not where we want to be...

anyone know if down on deck 2 the aft rooms have engine noise? i would assume they do....

We're booked!

8/7/19 WONDER 9 NIGHT ALASKA

Had originally planned on booking Oceanview (9B/9C) on Deck 2, was quoted $7,405.78 for 2A and OBB.

Change of plans and went with Deluxe Inside (10C) Deck 2, for $5,834.38 for 2A [$2,689.20][$2,689.20] with OBB.

Almost $2000 difference for a porthole window... just couldn't do it. Guess we'll be spending quite a bit of time on deck.

We're booked!

8/7/19 WONDER 9 NIGHT ALASKA

Had originally planned on booking Oceanview (9B/9C) on Deck 2, was quoted $7,405.78 for 2A and OBB.

Change of plans and went with Deluxe Inside (10C) Deck 2, for $5,834.38 for 2A [$2,689.20][$2,689.20] with OBB.

Almost $2000 difference for a porthole window... just couldn't do it. Guess we'll be spending quite a bit of time on deck.

Congrats!!

I did Alaska in an inside on RCCL and had a wonderful cruise!

You will have a blast!!

but it's so screwball - one of the 4 passengers is a 14 month old baby that will be in a crib - so no need for a drop down bed...
but the room still has to have a drop down bed for her to be allowed to be in it....so screwy...

anyone know if down on deck 2 the aft rooms have engine noise? i would assume they do....
But can’t you book the rooms 3 and 3, and sleep 4 and 2 if one of the 4 is in a pack and play?

How far aft on deck 2? We stayed in 2116 at the Aft elevators on the Wonder in a 9C for Alaska. Loved the location. There were some vibrations from the engine, just enough to notice it, but not enough to bother us. It gets worse farther aft (I really felt it at dinner in Parrot Cay the first night), so I'm not willing to book farther aft than the elevator area. As far as category 9B--I think there are only 4 rooms in that category that sleep 4--and they are right near the 9C aft rooms. Part of the issue with trying to put 4 in a room (if 1 is in a crib), is that there may not be lifeboat space if you go over capacity for the rooms. Regarding an earlier post of yours--the 9B and 9C rooms are exactly the same size. The porthole is only a few inches larger in the 9B rooms.

Here is a pic of our 9C porthole:
DawesGlacierDSCN5492.JPG

But can’t you book the rooms 3 and 3, and sleep 4 and 2 if one of the 4 is in a pack and play?

there are 3 kids (5, 3, 1)...the 5 year old is with me and DH....the 3 and 1 year old are with their parents (son and daughter in law)...
so that's 3 and 4....
there is a third room (with daughter and son in law), but i don't want to add that one to this particular mix...

How far aft on deck 2? We stayed in 2116 at the Aft elevators on the Wonder in a 9C for Alaska. Loved the location. There were some vibrations from the engine, just enough to notice it, but not enough to bother us. It gets worse farther aft (I really felt it at dinner in Parrot Cay the first night), so I'm not willing to book farther aft than the elevator area. As far as category 9B--I think there are only 4 rooms in that category that sleep 4--and they are right near the 9C aft rooms. Part of the issue with trying to put 4 in a room (if 1 is in a crib), is that there may not be lifeboat space if you go over capacity for the rooms. Regarding an earlier post of yours--the 9B and 9C rooms are exactly the same size. The porthole is only a few inches larger in the 9B rooms.

Here is a pic of our 9C porthole:
View attachment 307669

great picture!!! did you have any noise from the walkway to parrot cay above you?
yes, we have 2114 and 2116 assuming i put in the deposit..
i had her switch 2112 to 2116 (because of the reduced storage space in 2112)...

great picture!!! did you have an noise from the walkway to parrot cay above you?
yes, we have 2114 and 2116 assuming i put in the deposit..
i had her switch 2112 to 2116 (because of the reduced storage space in 2112)...

Very quiet room! We had no noise from above us. In general, it's a very quiet area once dinners are done. We heard no elevator noise. You could hear people talking as they were walking by going to/from their rooms--but you'd have that anywhere. I think there was some noise from below when the ship was docking as it's right above a gangplank area, but normally you'd be getting up around then anyway. I really did love being in that location. As it is at the elevator opening, you don't have the 'closed in' hallway feel to get into your room. Aft elevator is great for going up to deck 9 for the beverage station and buffet, it's also less busy than the mid-ship elevators.

We're trying 2108 on the Magic this summer as I wanted to go a little closer to midship--but I would be willing to stay in 2116 again!

The 4C’s are larger- and we’re all adults, so I’d like the space. Plus those are all more midship and I get seasick so midship is Best for me.

The 4C’s are larger- and we’re all adults, so I’d like the space. Plus those are all more midship and I get seasick so midship is Best for me.

yes, we have the same midship issue..
several of us have severe motion sickness - not just on water...(though sea bands have really helped....they're kind of miraculous for us...for all but one of us)..
so midship works best..
of our three rooms, one is midship, the other two are aft....they're right by the aft elevator...i'm worried that might be a tad too aft for us..
plus down on deck 2, there may be vibration and/or engine noise...i know that i always get sickest back in the rotation restaurant that's on deck 3 aft....from the vibration back there...

so hopefully that won't be an issue...

so i guess the 4 is the family deluxe one right? it does have extra space...how many adults are you in the room? 3? 4?
one thing is nice about the sofa bed....that it doesn't pull out but rather flips over....so when it's open at least your floor space isn't filled up by a bed...

i'm sure a lot of people will eventually cancel out on the european cruises - the prices are really high....
we might...i'll book for now...but these 3 porthole rooms come to $20,000.....doesn't that sound ridiculously high for a 7 day cruise to not particularly good ports?
i haven't even looked at how much the deposit is yet but i'm sure i'd better have some oxygen nearby before i do....

After giving up in a temper on Wednesday when I couldn't get through as a Silver, and then deciding on Thursday that I wasn't going to pay the type of price they wanted.... I caved and booked this morning :yay:

We are doing Dover to Dover (we live in the UK) and are heading to Copenhagen and some of the lower Norway ports. We've done 3 Fjord cruises before (2 on the Magic) so we are excited to do some of the lower ports...and avoiding the North Atlantic this time will be a BLESSING :goodvibes

After giving up in a temper on Wednesday when I couldn't get through as a Silver, and then deciding on Thursday that I wasn't going to pay the type of price they wanted.... I caved and booked this morning :yay:

We are doing Dover to Dover (we live in the UK) and are heading to Copenhagen and some of the lower Norway ports. We've done 3 Fjord cruises before (2 on the Magic) so we are excited to do some of the lower ports...and avoiding the North Atlantic this time will be a BLESSING :goodvibes

well if i book what the TA reserved for us, we'll end up in dover...but hopefully make it straight to ashford for the eurostar to DLP for a few days, then back home..

did you book with an obb? What number did you ring from the U.K.? When I rang yesterday at 8am gmt they said I had to ring a different number at 12noon when the lines open

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter