** OPENING DAY PRICING MID 2019: Magic, Wonder, Dream, Fantasy **

Looked at opening day for Gold. Just used the web site. STICKER SHOCK!
Over $10,000 for two. Navigators Veranda. Fantasy 11 day Southern Caribbean. YIKES. Concierge was not even available. As long as people keep paying these prices, they are going to continue to go up. We opted out at that point and will be looking elsewhere. Royal Caribbean has a similar sailing for almost 1/3 the price.

Over $10,000 for two. Navigators Veranda. Fantasy 11 day Southern Caribbean. YIKES. Concierge was not even available. As long as people keep paying these prices, they are going to continue to go up. We opted out at that point and will be looking elsewhere. Royal Caribbean has a similar sailing for almost 1/3 the price.

I agree, I can’t believe the prices. I would love to go on a different itinerary than the normal stuff and wish they would offer the 8 and 11 night cruises other times of the year. I see some post 10k for a cruise I think I could go on 3 seven night cruises for that price. But, as long as people pay those prices the price will continue to go up. I on the other had booked my early September 7 night cruise on the western Caribbean for under 3k for the 2 of us.

I'm looking at the 2019 Fantasy 11-night Southern Caribbean right now and see $8,746 for a Navigator's Verandah for 2. It's only the deluxe family verandahs that are $10,000+.

Concierge staterooms are available for the cruise, just not the cat Vs.

Last edited:
I agree, I can’t believe the prices. I would love to go on a different itinerary than the normal stuff and wish they would offer the 8 and 11 night cruises other times of the year. I see some post 10k for a cruise I think I could go on 3 seven night cruises for that price. But, as long as people pay those prices the price will continue to go up. I on the other had booked my early September 7 night cruise on the western Caribbean for under 3k for the 2 of us.
I saw that and was tempted. The Fantasy does have some decent pricing in early September. Amazing that just a month earlier, the prices are double.

It's also amazing how we're willing to accept that under $3,000 price when other lines are less than that for the same cruise at that time. Under $3,000 for two is still $200 per person per night.

If you look at what was purchased by platinum
and then see that there are some comments about sold out B or C levels earlier in the start of sales,
Would anyone think that maybe not every level of room is offered on opening day to platinum? I looked at the first evening and thought the trend was strange. Maybe platinums preference is 11A or 10A, 4A, 5A but not really a B or C kinda group.
Or maybe Disney knows how to Sell a ship for the best bang.

It took me almost 2 hours to get through, and then I had a hold time of 1 hour, 40 minutes. But I finally got:

Magic - June 14, 2019 8-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Civitavecchia

S - Cat. 7A - 2A - $7,346.70 (with taxes, no ins/trans/air/OBB)

Magic - June 22, 2019 7-Night Mediterranean Cruise from Civitavecchia to Barcelona

S - Cat. 7A - 2A - $6,606.08 (with taxes, no ins/trans/air/OBB)

S - Cat. 5B - 2A - $8,076.08 (with taxes, no ins/trans/air/OBB)

S - Cat. 5C - 2A - $7,936.08 (with taxes, no ins/trans/air/OBB)

We booked the 7-Night Mediterranean from Civitavecchia/Rome to Barcelona in the 7A.

Wishing everybody the best of luck to get through this frustrating process!

how did you like Alaska? We are planning the same european cruise.

Can someone PM me the information about the "other site that can't be mentioned"? i'm really confused.

Can someone PM me the information about the "other site that can't be mentioned"? i'm really confused.

Not sure which post you are referring to, but my guess is a social media site that rhymes with PaceCook.

Otherwise, any links need to be put in the text - then preview before sending. If the link appears as mostly ******** then it is not allowed. If it appears as the link, you are good to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter