OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

I'm starting to sound like the chick from American Pie

Honey, today, on DISboards, I read the we can ask to sit up front on the monorail.

Today, on DISboards, I read that we need to buy moleskin

Today, on DISboards, they said they took out the Frozen coke machine at POP.....

:lmao:

Hi Grendalyn! I half wondered if that mom who ran off to Disney was a Diser. Crazy! I'm obsessed, but I don't think I'll be in the news for doing something like she did. They were talking on the radio about this woman saying she was supposedly suicidal and took the one kid with her so she wouldn't kill herself. I don't know that I believe that...but just a sad situation no matter what.

We have three Disney trips planned for the end of the year during F&W and then over Christmas/New Years. Around this time of year we are suffering major withdrawl from Disney, so the planning is keeping us going. :goodvibes

...I half wondered if that mom who ran off to Disney was a Diser. Crazy! I'm obsessed, but I don't think I'll be in the news for doing something like she did. They were talking on the radio about this woman saying she was supposedly suicidal and took the one kid with her so she wouldn't kill herself. I don't know that I believe that...but just a sad situation no matter what.

I know it - I did too!! No matter how obsessed I am i am not that obsessed... However, a quiz i just took on facebook stated this about my personality:

"Grendalynn" completed the quiz "How well do you know your obscure Disney quotes?" with the result Obsessed: While you should be quite proud of your excessive Disney knowledge and have obviously grown up with the Disney movies, you should probably move on and grow up with your life. Seriously, folks this is just sad.. :rotfl: It might be up for debate...

And another Result of a Personality quiz: Peter Pan

Your life is best described as "Peter Pan". You are young in spirit and you are very adventurous in the ways of the world. You are faced with problems in life but most of the time you take care of them pretty quick by "feeding them to the crocodile". Your free spirit and open mind allows you to soar to great heights and accomplish many things.

OK, maybe I am a little obsessed.... ;)

:surfweb: GOOD MORNING!!! Now that school is out for the 2nd week and I am almost done work for the summer, I can officially dig into my Annual Summer Disney obsession again.... :woohoo: I have again been biten by the mouse bug, my usualy summer habit.... so that means I can spend all the RAINY DAYS surfing the boards and planning my next trip - not til 2011, but hey - everyone needs something to look forward to, right??! :confused3 ;)

:laundy:Today will be my cleaning and grocery shopping day so that from here on out I can avoid laundry, vaccuming, general house work, the kids, the dog and anything else around me that doesnt pertain to DisBoards! LOL

:wizard:How is everyone out there??? Who is planning what kind of trip? Whats everyone up to for the 4th?? Its rained here for weeks and rain for another week... what is everyone doing to stay sane and keep the kids from killing each other??

I know it - I did too!! No matter how obsessed I am i am not that obsessed... However, a quiz i just took on facebook stated this about my personality:

"Grendalynn" completed the quiz "How well do you know your obscure Disney quotes?" with the result Obsessed: While you should be quite proud of your excessive Disney knowledge and have obviously grown up with the Disney movies, you should probably move on and grow up with your life. Seriously, folks this is just sad.. :rotfl: It might be up for debate...

And another Result of a Personality quiz: Peter Pan

Your life is best described as "Peter Pan". You are young in spirit and you are very adventurous in the ways of the world. You are faced with problems in life but most of the time you take care of them pretty quick by "feeding them to the crocodile". Your free spirit and open mind allows you to soar to great heights and accomplish many things.

OK, maybe I am a little obsessed.... ;)

I got the obsessed level too on that quiz!

Yes, and apparently if my life were a Disney movie, it would be The Little Mermaid...lol. Gotta love FB quizzes!

Ok, welll only if we were actually AT WDW!! ;)

Good Morning!! Spending a little time surfing the Dis. thought I would pop in and see what was new with my friends... It been a long time since some posts were posted....

:wizard: Here is whats new here.... Even thought my Disney craving is in high speed and over drive, (thanks to Bill burkes new book - Mouse Junkies). I/we have decided to stick to the 3 year plan and go on a cruise this April. I may live to regret it as DS(almost)3 is at such a great age for WDW! And now fully potty trained.... But we have decided to go on a 5 night non-DCL cruise. and then spend a few days on each end at my sisters and my inlaws... The cruise was 1/3 of the price of a DCL 4 day cruise, it was just a no brainer! Then next year we can do the Disney thing and be in a better place both financially and age wise!

I would have loved to gone somewehere in the middle and done a Disney Cruise, but its just not in the cards! The DCL is getting so expensive, it just not do-able for a family of 5. :scared1: Its really too bad Disney isnt seeing this...

On another note - I picked up a copy of Bill Burke's Book - Mouse Junkies. even though I am just getting started, its very enjoyable so far! Easy to read and something I can very much relate to!! I encourage anyone who is a Dis-fanatic to pick it up! I will give a full report once I finish! :surfweb:

I haven't been on in a while, So I thought I would check in. Pretty quiet here these days. Whats new with all my fellow Dis-Addicts?? I have been working like a dog which has kept me from Disboarding... Both good and bad. I miss the mouse, butthe distraction is good. Not thinking we will be getting back there until April 2011. That seems just soooo far away!!! :confused3

Hey! I started working part time (very part time) from the house so I haven't been on as much either and we leave December 10th! Need to get back at it:goodvibes

Hey, just checked in after...well I don't remember. I have been thinking about jumping on, but well I didn't want to get addicted again...:rotfl2: I noticed my signature is really behind times! Grendalynn, I believe we have sons that are both around the same age. I have a two year old turning three this month.

Yeah, I have been trying to decide when we were going next too! My parents say 4 years from the last time which was fall of 2008. That's such a long time! My husband and I are thinking of maybe sneaking a trip in together....ah, wouldn't that be nice:hug: We went on a two week homeschool field trip this fall. We went to Colonial Williamsburg, Mount Vernon, Washington DC, Gettysburg, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island. It was fun! I always love to travel.:yay: My husband would not call it a vacation!:scared1: He said it was a "fieldtrip". It was, but it got me out of the house...:laundy: We have already planned our next years trip! We are going to a seminar hosted at Wilderness at the Smokies. At the resort there are three waterparks...fun for the kids! So we will visit the Smoky Mtns. Did you know that the Smokies are the 9th most visited in the USA? Does anyone have any tips? Can't wait to go.

Well I gotta go, just a brief update.

Tammy in Maine

Hey! I started working part time (very part time) from the house so I haven't been on as much either and we leave December 10th! Need to get back at it:goodvibes
Good luck with that!! I went back to work full time last fall... so this is about the 1 year anniversary of being a full time working mom of 3... I really miss my time with my kids and getting things done around the house, but the $$ is good and really has saved us over the past year. I hope things are well for you and you are adjusting nicely!! If you ever need any support - just say so! :surfweb::hug:

Hey, just checked in after...well I don't remember. I have been thinking about jumping on, but well I didn't want to get addicted again...:rotfl2: I noticed my signature is really behind times! Grendalynn, I believe we have sons that are both around the same age. I have a two year old turning three this month.

Yeah, I have been trying to decide when we were going next too! My parents say 4 years from the last time which was fall of 2008. That's such a long time! My husband and I are thinking of maybe sneaking a trip in together....ah, wouldn't that be nice:hug: We went on a two week homeschool field trip this fall. We went to Colonial Williamsburg, Mount Vernon, Washington DC, Gettysburg, Statue of Liberty, and Ellis Island. It was fun! I always love to travel.:yay: My husband would not call it a vacation!:scared1: He said it was a "fieldtrip". It was, but it got me out of the house...:laundy: We have already planned our next years trip! We are going to a seminar hosted at Wilderness at the Smokies. At the resort there are three waterparks...fun for the kids! So we will visit the Smoky Mtns. Did you know that the Smokies are the 9th most visited in the USA? Does anyone have any tips? Can't wait to go.

Tammy in Maine

Thanks Tammy! I am behind the ball too - my son did just turn 3 - will in October... So I have to update my sig as well!!!

I have wanted to post on here for a while, but figured everyone was sick of me and my posts, so I let it go... glad to seee some one else lit the fire again! I had been posting on things like Christmas Budgets, Pantry challenegesm and such. I am looking forward to hearing what other regulars on here have been up to.

My sister is headedfor USO next week - We have never been. I am anxious to hear all about it and see what they liked/disliked!!! :surfweb:

I was afraid of getting on here, too. I have kind of burried my intense need of a trip to WDW for now - I really enjoy the Christmas Season and have focused my energy on that ((for now)). DSIL and DBIL are after us to do a WDW vacation together next year.... :confused: .... Not sure I want to - but DH is all for it. I really enjoy our away time as a family. Its only our schedule and what we want to do, when we want to do it. I am sure I will come to terms with it, its just an adjustment! I have always been the one in charge on our trips - now I might actually have to do what someone else wants to do!! :sad2::scared1: So in short - we will start saving for a dis trip for April 2011 and may possibly shoot for a 5 night cruise this Aprilf or just the 5 of us... financially permitting that is!! :surfweb:

Wanted to send a npte out to wish everyone a happy healthy and prosperous 2010. Anyone have any new Disney plans for 2010? I have to admit, watching the Disney Christmas Parade really gave me a bite of the bug, Disney Bug that is... or would it be a mouse? :confused3

Hello Friends!! Long time no chat!!! Whats new out there? I have been away for far too long... How were everyone's trips?? Who has one coming up?? Any travel tips or deals anyone has heard of??

We did the Florida thing this April, but avoided Orlando... We decided to save $$ this year and stick to our projected 3 year plan as originally decided... we tried to sneak a day or two in last minute while in Treasure Island... but we just couldn't do it. It was going to be about $1,000 just for a day for all of us to go to the parks... I'd rather save that $$ and go for a week next year...

So needless to say - I am anxiously waiting for August's 2011 rates to come out... as horrible as it is - it means I am wishing my summer away.... but the plus side means that I will be back and frequenting the boards more and more! :hippie: I tend to avoid The Dis when I cant make it to WDW. I am a sore loser, what can I say?? ;)

Has anyone ever rented DVC points? I am going to look into it a little more and see what I can find out... Being a family of 5, the condo idea is just so much better than being cramped ina hotel room... but then again the extra $$ in savings is also nice to have in our pockets... I am hoping they have a great gift card deal again next year as they did this Spring!! Hope everyeone is well and surving the last part of the crazy school year!! :scared1:

Add another Disboard addict to the roll call! I just can't stay away!!! It doesn't help that every time I come to the Disboards there is always something interesting to read, or a new question answered, so I feel justified in being on all the time!!! :surfweb: :surfweb: :surfweb:

In defense of my addiction, the advice and things I learned from the Disboards made our first trip more amazing and magical than I could have ever imagined. I'm so glad I found it!! :goodvibes

I have to admit I am there too... it really is terrible there are a million things i should be doing right now but all i think about is going to disney and planning and what else can i learn and how i can make more money to buy more dvc points and what not....it has really gotten out of hand.
And yet I love it

I too am addicted to Disboards (as you can see by my Dis addicted ticker below) :lmao: I feel that I have a serious problem :rotfl2: Here I sit, typing away when I really should be hanging out the load of laundry that finished about half an hour ago and putting another load on. But NO, I am busy, busy typing and reading on Disboards :rotfl2:

Tammy in Maine

Hi there! I've been to the Smokies many times in my lifetime and my sister has lived in and around the Smokies for the past 15 years! What would you like to know? I'd be happy to help!

HAPPY SUMMER to my Disney Friends!! :cheer2:

I have come here to you all for some support and advice from my Dis Friends... Its a great dilemma to have, but I need some advice and insight.

WWYD: We are planning a trip to WDW for this coming fall.... Originally i had made 2, yes 2:confused3:, reservations for this fall. One for Sept 26-Oct 2 to take advantage of the FREE DINING promo. Even though it didnt fit our schedules amazingly well for the beginning of school and fall sports, we were getting the free DDP and our 13th anniversary and DS#3s 4th birthday would be during our trip... Also, I work closely with the school district so September is always a busy time of year...

BUT I looked back into my old emails from last year and saw that they extended the FREE DINING offer in August, so I booked vacation#2 for 10/24-10/30. This fit our schedules far better yet there would be no celebrations in this time frame. :confused3 The prices are the same for each package, so there really is no difference, just a matter of timing.

:surfweb: So my question is this - What Would You Do - and What is it typically like in Orlando during late Sept Vs late Oct?? Do we go and celebrate our anniversary and birthday or wit til the temps are more bearable??

We will be taking our older boys out of school for a week no matter when we go. We always take work with us and go above and beyond the expectations of the teachers. Our feelings are that our kids are only small once, and once they get into middle school and high school ots harder for them/us to miss school. This with DS#1 going into 6th grade - this is the beginning of the end of us skipping school for vacations... :teacher:

How funny things can be sometimes.... I just searched my old posts for this thread and i had a post at the top of the page from 7/4/2009... Now its 7/6/2010 and I am still in the same mindset - DISNEY!!!! :banana: And I have yet too do any laundry, dishes or pick up the house. DH will be home early from work today since its 108' in the sun, so I better get crackin'!! ;)

Hi there! I've been to the Smokies many times in my lifetime and my sister has lived in and around the Smokies for the past 15 years! What would you like to know? I'd be happy to help!

Sorry, I missed this one! lol But, we had a lot of FUN!! Our older girls weren't so excited:rolleyes: they said it reminded them of Kangamangas highway in New Hampshire which we do pretty much every fall for our leaf peeping tour with my side of the family. It was beautiful! I guess they just take beauty for granted and we told them that. We said most people don't get to see this beauty on a daily basis, hence the park.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter