OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

Grendalynn,

What ever happened with that? Did you go with you in laws?

Tammy

Good luck with that!! I went back to work full time last fall... so this is about the 1 year anniversary of being a full time working mom of 3... I really miss my time with my kids and getting things done around the house, but the $$ is good and really has saved us over the past year. I hope things are well for you and you are adjusting nicely!! If you ever need any support - just say so! :surfweb::hug:

Thanks Tammy! I am behind the ball too - my son did just turn 3 - will in October... So I have to update my sig as well!!!

I have wanted to post on here for a while, but figured everyone was sick of me and my posts, so I let it go... glad to seee some one else lit the fire again! I had been posting on things like Christmas Budgets, Pantry challenegesm and such. I am looking forward to hearing what other regulars on here have been up to.

My sister is headedfor USO next week - We have never been. I am anxious to hear all about it and see what they liked/disliked!!! :surfweb:

I was afraid of getting on here, too. I have kind of burried my intense need of a trip to WDW for now - I really enjoy the Christmas Season and have focused my energy on that ((for now)). DSIL and DBIL are after us to do a WDW vacation together next year.... :confused: .... Not sure I want to - but DH is all for it. I really enjoy our away time as a family. Its only our schedule and what we want to do, when we want to do it. I am sure I will come to terms with it, its just an adjustment! I have always been the one in charge on our trips - now I might actually have to do what someone else wants to do!! :sad2::scared1: So in short - we will start saving for a dis trip for April 2011 and may possibly shoot for a 5 night cruise this Aprilf or just the 5 of us... financially permitting that is!! :surfweb:

Grendalynn.

Well, as you can see...it has been a long time since I have posted! Actually I have peeked a few times, but I couldn't remember my log in or password!:eek: I had to go to all the work of "forgot" to log on!:sad2:

Well now that I have confessed...what did you end up doing? When did you go and how did it all go?

Update on us: As you can see I updated my status...everyone got older :confused3 and we had a new little blessing!:love: We had an awesome time on our trip to Penn(visited friends),Ohio(two zoo's), Kentucky(Creation Museum), Tenn(Creation conf. and stayed at an awesome conf. center - The Wilderness at the Smokies - it had 3 water parks! We had lots of fun!) We met lots of neat people in all the states, who my kids still talk about and want to go on vacation just to visit with them again! ...Can you imagine having fun on a vacation and not being at Walt Disney!:scared1:...and we have another conf. scheduled for the end of October in NC.:yay:, but we are terribly missing WD!:rolleyes: We always have :idea:, but then look at our budget.:sad2: My husband and I keep thinking or was that wishing we could sneek a trip in this May, just the two of us.... We have been talking to my parents...and it looks like we might not be in Disney until 2013 or 14.:sad1: But life goes on here...we have house projects to finish up this summer (Disney keeps trying to get in the way:teacher:) ...and we have some other plans we would like to do. We have also been wanting to do some field trips around the state of Maine too....it is a big state and costs money for gas and what not...so I was just talking to my husband about all the neat things we could do right in our own state...I am excited, but I sure do miss Disney!:rolleyes1

Well that's my update for now, looking forward to hearing from you.

Tammy

HAPPY SUMMER to my Disney Friends!! :cheer2:

I have come here to you all for some support and advice from my Dis Friends... Its a great dilemma to have, but I need some advice and insight.

WWYD: We are planning a trip to WDW for this coming fall.... Originally i had made 2, yes 2:confused3:, reservations for this fall. One for Sept 26-Oct 2 to take advantage of the FREE DINING promo. Even though it didnt fit our schedules amazingly well for the beginning of school and fall sports, we were getting the free DDP and our 13th anniversary and DS#3s 4th birthday would be during our trip... Also, I work closely with the school district so September is always a busy time of year...

BUT I looked back into my old emails from last year and saw that they extended the FREE DINING offer in August, so I booked vacation#2 for 10/24-10/30. This fit our schedules far better yet there would be no celebrations in this time frame. :confused3 The prices are the same for each package, so there really is no difference, just a matter of timing.

:surfweb: So my question is this - What Would You Do - and What is it typically like in Orlando during late Sept Vs late Oct?? Do we go and celebrate our anniversary and birthday or wit til the temps are more bearable??

We will be taking our older boys out of school for a week no matter when we go. We always take work with us and go above and beyond the expectations of the teachers. Our feelings are that our kids are only small once, and once they get into middle school and high school ots harder for them/us to miss school. This with DS#1 going into 6th grade - this is the beginning of the end of us skipping school for vacations... :teacher:

How funny things can be sometimes.... I just searched my old posts for this thread and i had a post at the top of the page from 7/4/2009... Now its 7/6/2010 and I am still in the same mindset - DISNEY!!!! :banana: And I have yet too do any laundry, dishes or pick up the house. DH will be home early from work today since its 108' in the sun, so I better get crackin'!! ;)

Hello Hello!!

What fun it is to finally get back into the Disney Feeling!! Thanks for the note Bless7ings!! Its been a long time since I posted as well! We had planned a trip last fall for a week during the free dining promo but it fell through because DH was so busy at work.... I guess thats a good thing but it also meant cancelling all my ADR's, postponing all my plans and planning! But the good news is that it meant I got to do it all over again! Kind of...

We hope to get back on track and return to WDW for a week in the fal or next April. Next April is best for the kids, school and our schedule, but not the pocketbook. Fall is best when being money-wise... HOEVER!!!We are planning a surprise, impromptu trip to WDW for 2 days next month!! :banana:We were already planning to drive down and visit the inlaws then head to the gulf coast for 5 nights... much more economical.... :teacher: But a friend of ours who is a cast memeber, was gracious enough to give us her room discount and 3 free adult PH tix!!! :woohoo: So we only have to buy tix for the little guys! How AWESOME is that? Granted its only for 2 days and one night, but it will help give us our Disney fix until we reschedule for next school year!! We will surprise the boys on our "ride home" with a stop at PORS and the MK for Easter Sunday! :goodvibes

So... besides being right out straight with 3 busy boys, working full time and a husband who owns his own businss, life is pretty good. We have survived the recession :confused: ((fingers crossed)) and feel like things are getting back on track again! Its 60+ degrees here today in NH and we are all fighting Spring FEver! It is supposed to be back into the mid 30's tomorrow, snowed on Wednesday... Ahhh - the joys of New England weather! Makes Florida look better and better everyday!! Hope all is well out there is Dis-land! I will be on here a bit more the next few weeks strategizing our 2 days at WDW!!! YAY!!! :cloud9: Gotta runa nd pick up DS4 at pre-school!!

:surfweb:

Grendalynn.

Well, as you can see...it has been a long time since I have posted! Actually I have peeked a few times, but I couldn't remember my log in or password!:eek: I had to go to all the work of "forgot" to log on!:sad2:

Well now that I have confessed...what did you end up doing? When did you go and how did it all go?

Update on us: As you can see I updated my status...everyone got older :confused3 and we had a new little blessing!:love: We had an awesome time on our trip to Penn(visited friends),Ohio(two zoo's), Kentucky(Creation Museum), Tenn(Creation conf. and stayed at an awesome conf. center - The Wilderness at the Smokies - it had 3 water parks! We had lots of fun!) We met lots of neat people in all the states, who my kids still talk about and want to go on vacation just to visit with them again! ...Can you imagine having fun on a vacation and not being at Walt Disney!:scared1:...and we have another conf. scheduled for the end of October in NC.:yay:, but we are terribly missing WD!:rolleyes: We always have :idea:, but then look at our budget.:sad2: My husband and I keep thinking or was that wishing we could sneek a trip in this May, just the two of us.... We have been talking to my parents...and it looks like we might not be in Disney until 2013 or 14.:sad1: But life goes on here...we have house projects to finish up this summer (Disney keeps trying to get in the way:teacher:) ...and we have some other plans we would like to do. We have also been wanting to do some field trips around the state of Maine too....it is a big state and costs money for gas and what not...so I was just talking to my husband about all the neat things we could do right in our own state...I am excited, but I sure do miss Disney!:rolleyes1

Well that's my update for now, looking forward to hearing from you.

Tammy

Grendalynn,

What ever happened with that? Did you go with you in laws?

Tammy

Nope! We never ended up going with the inlaws... We went just as a family to Treasure Island (St Pete Bch/Clearwater) and had a BLAST! We fell inlove and will be heading back again this year... Anyhow - Now they are pushing to do the WDW things together next year??? :scared1: Not sure how it will pan out... its a long ways away and part of me says Yes, it will be fun. But other parts say... Hmmmm???:confused3 Time will tell! :surfweb:

Tell me about Treasure Island. Is there anything out there that can come close to comparing to WDW?!?

Tammy:upsidedow

Nope! We never ended up going with the inlaws... We went just as a family to Treasure Island (St Pete Bch/Clearwater) and had a BLAST! We fell inlove and will be heading back again this year...

Tell me about Treasure Island. Is there anything out there that can come close to comparing to WDW?!?

Tammy:upsidedow

Nothing compares to a WDW Vacation! And if you go into a vacation with that mindset - expect to be disappointed! They are two completely different types and ways of vacationing! Disney is a go, go, go atmosphere - With lots going on. Its high paced fun, deciding which park to go to, when the fireworks and parades are, and lot of fun and excitment and so magical... You're always watching the clock for fast pases, ADRs and/or show times.

At the beach, Treasure Island or wherever else, its very relaxed, no reservations unless you want one, your toughest descision is decide if its a beach day or a pool day - to listen to Kenney Chesney or Jimmy Buffett - to shower before you hit the local ocean side restaurant and bar for dinner or just change into fresh cloths. Not to mention COST: we are going to the beach for a week for what it will cost us for a weekend at WDW!

Honestly, I am looking forward to sitting with my toes in the water, butt in the sand an an ice cold bud light lime in my hand... for days on end. Then we'll head Noth (home) and surprise our boys with Disney. Can't wait to see the expression on my kids faces when we pull into WDW for Easter. Next year we will do a week at Disney with my inlaws at FT Wilderness I think.. . But this year I am looking forward to family QT at the beach and some R&R!! Not that you cant get that on a Disney vacation, but its different.:wizard:

Someone pointed me to the Disboards last year when I was planning our first trip, now I am totally obsessed and visit here two and three times a day. I love it!!

Hello Everyone!! Long time no post! Summer is here and that means my Disney Planning/Addiction is in full swing!

I just ordered 3 books to read this summer all centered around Disney World! Even though we had a quick weekend trip last April to appease our Disney Fix we all needed, we have decided to return there this coming April for a full week as well! 2 nights and 3 days was just NOT long enough... and it was on a whim, so I really didn't get a chance to plan, plan, plan.... Now the big decisions is where to stay?? DSs are getting bigger and older which means we can go Command-style through the parks, get they are also getting bigger so we may need more space. After this trip DS8 will count as an adult and the cost will only continue to grow...

What else is going on out there with my fellow DIS-addicts?

Great to hear from you Grendalyn! I have been thinking about Disney alot off and on....but, unfortunately we will not be going till 2014.:sad2:

Maybe, I should just give it up and plan or rather play just because half the fun is planning! Life is rather busy, so it would give me fun down time! With as much time as I have had lately it will take a couple of years to plan anyway! Who knows maybe if I have it planned out, it will happen in 2013!

Hi All - We are trying to decide on which route we plan to go this april... We plan to stay a full week, Saturday to Saturday. The prices below reflect prime season with no discounts what so ever. They all are with the DDP (1 counter, 1 table, 1 snack) and with 7 day park tickets - no hoppers or water parks...

Disney's Port Orleans Resort - Riverside, 4/14/2012, $4,236.43 (loved it when we stayed here in April for a w/e trip - but wasn't really in love with the transportation - but the price is right!)

Disney's All-Star Music Resort, 4/14/2012, $4,915.45

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort, 4/14/2012, $6,211.93 (1 br junior suite)

Disney's Contemporary Resort, 4/14/2012, $6,195.07 (Garden Wing room)

The Cabins at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort, 4/14/2012, $5,508.83 (the pool is less than awesome - even though we will only be there part of the time, we generally spend one full day at the pool mid way through the vacation. POR had an amazing pool and the theme was awesome... )

Well, we have a snow day here in NH today... While I should be doing the much neglected housework and laundry (see other threads).... I am here enjoying a cup of coffee, listening to DisRadio and sending my Dis Obsession into overdrive!! Its been 6 months or so since I posted on the thread - WOW, where does the time go??

:surfweb: We leave for Florida in 52 days and check into Port Orleans (7N/8D) in 57 days!! DS5 and I just looked at the Disney website and talked about all the things we want to do and places we want to go on our upcoming trip.... Oh and start and commit to my diet 100%!! Thinking about putting a bathing suit or shorts on in January is never a fun or pretty thought! The things we do for the mouse!!

I was reminded to pre-order our Photo Pass, pick up some ponchos, think about which water park we might want to visit - weather permitting and taking another look at our spreadsheet for the week to make sure its all set! :surfweb: (yes, I plotted our week's adventure out in a spreadsheet form!! It had ADR's & #'s, which park on which day, EMH's, Parade times and so on).

:laughing: DS5 is sitting next to me making a list of things he wants to pack. He wanted to start packing already but I talked him into making a list instead! I think this planning thing may be hereditary! :rotfl:

I am really looking forward to our upcoming trip! We were only able to get there for 2 days last year on an impromptu, surprise weekend trip on Easter Weekend. It was a total tease. :headache: So DH and I decided to start saving and planning a week long trip! We lucked out with our dates and will be going during the Free Dining offer in March! :thumbsup2 All of our dining reservations are planned and here is where we plan to go - many of them we have not been to before, besides Cali Grill.

Tony's Town Square
California Grill
Si-fi Dinner theater
Ohana
Rain forest Cafe at DTD
Coral Reef
and one night with no dinner plans since we used two credits at Cali Grill...

We are thinking about doing a water park but cant decide which one... we have never done one, but now that all the boys are older and swim well, we are tossing the idea around. Is one better than another? Our boys will be 13, 9 and 5 at the time of our vaca. Is one park more suited for younger children than another? any help and insight is greatly appreciated!

What are you planning? How are your Disney obsessions going out there? Who else is procrastinating and avoiding housework to do a little Dis'ing? :wizard:

I am so glad i am not the only one who does this! i have been obsessed since oct a year out from my trip!

Hey there! Thanks for the snow day hint last night. ;)

I am doing Tony's on Thursday for the first time. I'll let you know what I think of it. I scheduled an ADR at 2:15 in hopes of getting a good table to see the parade. I'm hoping the birthday button will help with the pixie dust!

As for water parks. R and I have been to both in the last year or so and we like TL way better. We are not into the body slides so much, but the water coaster was awesome. R had a bad moment in the snorkle pool. She freaked out because she did not realize that the sharks would be so big! She has vowed never to do that again. She does, however, want to do the dive at the Seas in Epcot. Go figure. :rolleyes1

Hey there! Thanks for the snow day hint last night. ;)

I am doing Tony's on Thursday for the first time. I'll let you know what I think of it. I scheduled an ADR at 2:15 in hopes of getting a good table to see the parade. I'm hoping the birthday button will help with the pixie dust!

As for water parks. R and I have been to both in the last year or so and we like TL way better. We are not into the body slides so much, but the water coaster was awesome. R had a bad moment in the snorkle pool. She freaked out because she did not realize that the sharks would be so big! She has vowed never to do that again. She does, however, want to do the dive at the Seas in Epcot. Go figure. :rolleyes1

Hello Friend!! Hope you enjoyed the snow day... just back from hockey and checking the threads...

I am anxious to hear about the restaurant!! And your entire trip of course!! The birthday pin was very helpful when we were there during DS12's birthday a few years back!! Good luck - hope its extra magical!!

DS5 was very concerned about the sharks they showed in the pictures of the snorkeling pool this morning... after he saw that he decided the "frozen" place was safer... ;) I think we will play it by ear, especially to see what the weather brings. DH is not a fan of water parks, so it will have to be super hot and make the kids pressure him into going. We aren't getting Park Hoppers plus, so it will be OOP. :teacher:

Where else are you planning to eat while you are there?? I really wanted Le Cellier but we couldn't get a time we wanted and was leery of the 2TS. I also liked Narcoosee at GF but not that we thing DS12 has a shellfish allergy, I didn't think 2 restaurants that specialize in seafood was fair! :rolleyes1

We have four park days, two of which are travel days.

Day one is MK and we are doing Tony's.

Day two is DTD in the morning and Raglan Road for lunch. Then we are doing EMH at Epcot until 12am.

Day three is morning EMH at DHS. We are going back to the Boardwalk to have dinner at Kouzinna that night.

Day four is AK. Tusker house breakfast and we leave for the airport at 3ish.

My DH is also not a waterpark person, neither am I for that matter. :laughing: I usually take R while he goes to play golf. It's a sacrifice I have to make, I guess.:lmao:

Hi Grendalynn,

You must be so excited to be going so soon!

I just read your posts. I was wondering why you picked POR? I also wanted more info about the bus travels from there verses the budgets. We have only been to POR once and it was actually only for one night so I don't feel qualified to feel my thoughts on the busses there were slow compared to the buses at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. If my parents come with us, it is Deluxe for us because my mom will not go for less. If my parents don't come we will most likely try the budgets. Have you been to the budgets? Is the busing better there than at POR?

Do you have an itinerary posted somewhere?

We might be going in September of 2013!

We have four park days, two of which are travel days.

Day one is MK and we are doing Tony's.

Day two is DTD in the morning and Raglan Road for lunch. Then we are doing EMH at Epcot until 12am.

Day three is morning EMH at DHS. We are going back to the Boardwalk to have dinner at Kouzinna that night.

Day four is AK. Tusker house breakfast and we leave for the airport at 3ish.

My DH is also not a waterpark person, neither am I for that matter. :laughing: I usually take R while he goes to play golf. It's a sacrifice I have to make, I guess.:lmao:

Hello Friend!! Sounds like you had a great time... I haven't searched for any trip reports yet, but February Vacation isn't over yet! ;) The jury is still out on the Water Park idea... I think we will play it by ear and see what the weather is like while we are there and what our week is like. The boys will have a ton of fun at the pool at POR, so we will see!! :wizard:

Hi Grendalynn,

You must be so excited to be going so soon!

I just read your posts. I was wondering why you picked POR? I also wanted more info about the bus travels from there verses the budgets. We have only been to POR once and it was actually only for one night so I don't feel qualified to feel my thoughts on the busses there were slow compared to the buses at Wilderness Lodge and Beach Club. If my parents come with us, it is Deluxe for us because my mom will not go for less. If my parents don't come we will most likely try the budgets. Have you been to the budgets? Is the busing better there than at POR?

Do you have an itinerary posted somewhere?

We might be going in September of 2013!

Hi Bless7ings! Thanks for the post!

I was wondering why you picked POR? We pick POR because we are a family of 5 and our options are slim. We can fit into most deluxe rooms but cant justify spending all that money... DS12 counts as an adult and DS9 and DS5 are full boat now. We stayed at WL when the boys were little(er) and DS33 was under 2. We absolutely LOVED WL!! Even though there were no monorails right there, the boats were great and we only took the buses a few times. I'd love to stay in Deluxe again, but i don't see it happening until we buy into DVC in the next couple years...

Have you been to the budgets? Is the busing better there than at POR? - DH and I didnt like the travel time from All Star Sports... I felt like we were way way out and on the bus forever - which is pretty much true. Thankfully at that time, we didnt have any kids, so it was a non issue (1995). Now a days - leaving the parks late with sleepy kids and bags of stuff can be stressful at the end of a long day. But in hindsight, I would stay there again - IF WE FIT. Cost wise, a single room at POR is less $ than a family suite at the values. Once theboys are older I see our next visit in 2015 :-)scared1:) putting us at Wilderness Cabins if we are DVC members by then...

Do you have an itinerary posted somewhere? I have not linked/posted my specific itinerary anywhere yet... Its pretty similar to the link I have in my signature... but here is a run down of our schedule:

Day 1: check in - POR then head to AK for the day and Rainforest Cafe for dinner! So glad to see its finally on the DDP....

Day 2: MK - no dinner plans... have ADRs at Tony's Town Square but Dh is not sold on it yet... we may try to get into Crystal Palace or just do the park Commando style that day and QS lunch and dinner. EM hours until 1AM so it could be a late one...

Day 3: MGM - we will sleep in after a late night at Mk and hit Pizza Plant for an early lunch then Si Fi Dinner Theater for dinner and Fantasmic to finish off the night!

Day 4: Epcot - (May swap this day for Day 5 if the kids are exhausted) Dinner at Coral Reef, Illumination at 8pm.

Day 5: "Flex Day" - no set plans... can add, drop or change a park to fit our schedule and the kids dispositions... If the kifs and family is exhausted, we can take it easy, have a pool day and hit DTD. We have ADRs at Narcoosee at 6pm so we can have plenty of time to eat dinner and still be able to watch Wishes from the beach!

Day 6: MK day #2 - We always try to do 2 days at MK... We have ARDs for dinner at 6:20 at Poly for 'Ohana! I am wicked excited - always wanted to eat there and finally got an ADR!! The kids are excited, too!

:surfweb: Good luck & congrats with your upcoming trip!! 2013 isnt that far way!! Think of all the posting, planning and researching you get to do!! i am already dreading the "dis-drawls" when we get back... Happy Planning!!:wizard::cheer2:

I'm obsessed also. I found this site when I was planning our recent Feb vacation to Disney World and I found myself checking it 2 or 3 times a day. We just got back from Disney Monday and don't know when our next trip will be but I'm still on the boards everyday. It's kinda sad. I miss planning and looking forward to my trip. I couldn't wait to go and now that it's over and I'm back home I have the Disney blues. Not sure if coming to the site everyday is making it worse but I like seeing what other people are doing and answering questions when I can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter