OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

:welcome: Shelly & DISHUD!! This is a great place to be if you are a Disney Nut, Dis-addict or however you want to sugar coat it!! We are all in the same boat here and could imagine worse things to be addicted to!

Oh My! Let me just tell you how my laundry situation is... Its all done, BUT I have piles and piles, piled everywhere!! I guess I am progressing, but if its not dirty laundry over taking my house, its clean! AHH!! Where the heck is that Laundry Fairy anyway?? She TOTALLY skipped my house!! ;):lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

I too am adicted to this site. I am also glad other people have clean laundry everywhere.
It is 12 days till we go and my dining table is now a clothes ready to be packed table:rotfl2: I have no spare space anywhere.

Nice to know the wonderful disers:worship: are here to dish out advice on any and every situation especially for us first timers!!!:yay:

Hi..my name is Alexandria and I am a DISboardaholic.
I often check responses to my messages, I go through many of the posts. :surfweb: and my boyfriend who had dubbed me "Nerd Queen" now says I am "Duchess of Disney" while I am looking up the boards ( usually I am engrossed in a post to throw something at him.)

Hi..my name is Alexandria and I am a DISboardaholic.
I often check responses to my messages, I go through many of the posts. :surfweb: and my boyfriend who had dubbed me "Nerd Queen" now says I am "Duchess of Disney" while I am looking up the boards ( usually I am engrossed in a post to throw something at him.)

Duchess of Disney....love it!

Welcome!!!

Yes...I need to join.....my name is Sonia and I am a dis-board aholic!!!
Laundry (clean is everywhere)
If I Got paid a Nickle for every hour I spend here I am positive I could have stayed in a deluxe for a month with the DxDDP:rotfl2: :lmao:

I've got it bad. If I'm not on the disboards I'm reading a DW book or watching a DW show...and I was the 16 yo who was too cool to go to DW with her parents twenty years ago.

I'm currently trying to get my 14 yo to check out the teen boards.

And I don't even want to think about laundry.:scared1:

Checking in for my daily dose of The Dis! Had a minor breakdown on Saturday when the bopards were down!! It was truely Dis-drawls! I was thinking "OK, Great! Now what?? What am I going to do with my Saturday Night??" :rotfl: Yep, sad to say it, but thats my Saturday Night entertainment for ya! Thank goodness for the Dis on Facebook! Got me through, AOK! :surfweb: Back to work...

Checking in for my daily dose of The Dis! Had a minor breakdown on Saturday when the bopards were down!! It was truely Dis-drawls! I was thinking "OK, Great! Now what?? What am I going to do with my Saturday Night??" :rotfl: Yep, sad to say it, but thats my Saturday Night entertainment for ya! Thank goodness for the Dis on Facebook! Got me through, AOK! :surfweb: Back to work...

Hee hee...I did the same thing. It was nice to get the status update on facebook about the boards being updated.

And here I thought I was losing it, come to find out I'm not alone! :laughing:

I'm completely obsessed and starting to question whether I need to focus on something else! It's taking over my life and my trip is still over 6 months away! It's all I think about, I'm constantly planing, checking the board, planning some more...the house is falling apart! :laughing:

I'm already wondering what I'll do AFTER the trip. I suppose I will plan another! :idea:

I'm completely obsessed and starting to question whether I need to focus on something else! It's taking over my life and my trip is still over 6 months away! It's all I think about, I'm constantly planing, checking the board, planning some more...the house is falling apart! :laughing:

I'm already wondering what I'll do AFTER the trip. I suppose I will plan another! :idea:

:welcome: Nope, you are not alone! We are all nuttier than a fruit cake here - especially when it comes to The Dis! Yes, I was the same way last year when planning my trip and was dreading the, what I call, Dis-Drawls before we even left home - BEFORE OUR TRIP EVEN BEGAN!! ANd boy did I have it bad. And I do now - its almost a year ago that we were checking into the WL for our week long vaca at WDW... :surfweb: Our next trip isnt until 2011 at this point, imagine how I will be next year!? YIKES!

:wizard: I even went as far as to drink coffee out of my YOAMD mug, with the same creamer I had brought last year, use the same shampoo and even wear the same parfume again so that I could rememeber our trip last year - like it was yestreday!! You all must think I am nuts - but you know how you store those thoughts and memories with smells? Thats me! I am always saying - "Smell that!? *Sniff* Sniff* Its smells like the water from Pirates Of The Caribbean or the Its a Small World ride... (Like the smell of the Poly watrefall? :rolleyes1Been the same smell since I was 4!) I have done that since I was a kid. My parents thought I was whaked, now my kids and husband do, too!! :eek:I am sick I tell you, SICK!

I am ALWAYS planning a trip....even if I have no idea when we're going next!;)

Welcome and sounds like you'll fit right in with the rest of us!

Grendalynn, I do the same thing with smells too.

Ok, so its the anniversary since we were last at WDW! One year ago today we were enjoying all things Disney, gorging on the DDP, soaking up the atmosphere of the WL, and watching our boys with awe and amazement as we went through the parks! I miss it an wan to be there so badly but know it wont happen again for a couple of years.

:wizard:I mention this very thing this morning while the boys were eating breakfast. DS9 said it was not fair that I mentioned it and it mad him sad to think we were ther one year ago!! I said it wouldnt be so fun and exciting if we went all the time/every year! Good try anyway... :hug:

:surfweb:So much has happened in our family the past year that we really need to SAVE SAVE SAVE in order to go again. Our income has been cut drastically and we really need to work hard and save harder to get back! DS2 will be 4 the nect time we go, he was free last time, and DS9 will be on the adult menue for DDP, so that will cost us too!! Looks like a moderate with the DDP or a delux w/o will be the way to go....:headache: A lot can happen between then and now!!

:goodvibesNo matter what I am willing to go w/o so that we can all go back and have the magical time that we had last year!! Its worth every penny as the fun and memories last a life time!! :wizard:

posted 4/10/08

:rotfl: So funny! I know what you mean - I am an addict for sure!! :goodvibes I will help feed your obsession with my so-called offricial - un-official trip report.... :surfweb: I just got back from a week at Disney yestreday (Wednesday 4/9). We were there for 7 nights/8 days and stayed at the Wilderness Lodge! We had a fabulous time and I could not have done it without all the help and insight I received from DisBoards and all my FELLOW ADDICTS!! :grouphug: While watching Fantasmic (WHICH WAS TOTALLY AMAZING!!!) my husband leaned over and said "you should do this for a living - planning Disney Trips I mean. This is amazing! You did a great job hun) ;) I thought to myself and even said it I think - "I couldnt have done it w/o the disboards!!" I learned so much from this board - when to go, what to see, when to see it, what to skip or put off til here or there. Where to eat and when to eat... Anyway - here is the long and short of our trip:

Checked in 4/1, checked out 4/8. Stayed in room 4082 at WL and was not 100% happy with our room... The room was great and but the view was not what I was hoping for view wise and the noise from Wispering Canyon was louder than expected! But I think I was the only one to really notice it - DH and the boys were all way too excited or wiped out at night to hear it all. Yes, I paid for a woodsview... got more of a Standard or parking lot view. But we were able to see some of the MK fireworks through and above the trees. I had asked to switch rooms, and we werent able to til the next afternoon. DH is a fireworks freak and was happy when he saw the firewroks from the patio that evening.... Plus we all know how much work it is to settle in for a night and then have to round everything back up and move into another. So we stayed - live and learn. I will break out for the courtyard view next time...

The Lodge was beautiful and amazing in its grandeur and theme. The pool was great, as well as the staff and ambiance. We love wispering canyon and their food - LOVE BBQ! Roaring forks was great, too, and we took full advantage of the refillable cups. I actually have mine right here infront of me from this morning... i thought as i was finning it - "i was drinking coffee out of this 3 mornings ago on the boat on our way to the MK!" :cloud9:

We did the Basic Disney Dining Plan and I have nothnig bad to say about it - we LOVED IT!!! We will do it again the next time for sure. I loved the fact that everything (ok, most everything) was paid for and there was no need to budget budget budget and price watch everything meal! Each meal easily came to just over $100 for dinner. We had a few beers or mixed drinks and only had to pay about $50 for each dinner OOP, give or take - taht was for the drinks and %20 tip. All of our servers were great, a few better than others. I am sold on the DDP and so was Dh who was the skeptic when I made the ressie and before we left...

Fantasmic was AMAZING! Wishes was as good as ever and even though it rained cats and dogs while we were at the Pirate and Princess Party, we had a blast!!! We took full advantage of the extra Magic Hours a few days and look forward to enjoying it more when the boys are older next trip to WDW. That is the way to go! Our weather was AWESOME - 85' or so most days until the rain. But that didnt hinder our trip - just made it more memorable!! We had ponchos and we kept on keeping on! DH thought i was nuts for buying ponchos and stashing them in the stroller the first few days - we didnt need them then but we would eventually. He was too cool for them at first when it started to rain, but once the rain started coming down by the gallons, he came to the realization that we were not the only ones with glorified garbage bags on! :lmao: He didnt have aproblem wearing or putting them on the next day when it rained. DS1.5 was not impressed having a poncho draped over his stroller, but he survived. :wizard: And we have some nice new Disney Ponchos for baseball season! :woohoo:

We were in great shape with our ADR's!! Had we not had those we would have been S.O.L. !!! I figured even if we had them and decided to cancel, we had that option - which we did one night, cause the kids were just wiped out. Had we done stand by dinner seating or called for ressies once we arrived at WDW, it wouldnt have been til 9 pm that we got a table!!?? :scared1:

We ate at:
California Grill at CR- we attempted thsi with with the Kids!!??!.... and they did wonderfully!! We had a great experience! The view was amazing, our server was fantastic and the food was outstanding! AND we got to watch Wishes from the roof - so cool!
Wispering Canyon at CL - always one of my favs and the kids too! Food is yummie and the kids enjoy the interaction. A nice meal for the kids to relax a bit and not feel so stuffy!
Floridian Cafe at GF- one of the best meals our whole trip! Steak was so good! Not bad Bloody Marys either! :rotfl:
Mama Melrose's at MGM - part of the Fantasmic Dinner Package. Also a wonderful meal - had the Vodka Penne - so yummie we had it last night for dinner! It was out of a jar of course, but still soooo good! Great portions!
Chef Mickey's for breakfast - always good!
Crystal Palace for lunch with Pooh and Friends - buffet was filled with delicious dishes, not an average buffet! SO good and our youngest is a huge Winnie The Pooh fan so it was only fare he got that experience!!
We also ate at Rain Forrest Cafe - not on the DDP but since Cali Grill took 2 table Service credits, it all worked out!

We had plenty of snacks and never felt slighted once using the DDP! You would be amazed what is considered a snack! I think DS8 wishes i packed "snacks" like Disney's for school - Brownie sundae's, gigantic pretcles, boxes of popcorn, jumbo sodas, frozen lemonades.... :rolleyes:

The only beef I had/have was with the transportation at WL. Its good, but not the best. Seems the only real way and "fastest" ((although it was always that fast)) way to get around was by boat. Great when the big boat came in, but you started to learn that 20 spots fill up fast on those suckers, especially when you are #22 or 23 in line! We knew going into it that there was no monorail, but being a delux we were hoping for better. There were buses to bring us to the AK, MGM, and or water parks, but it was just a lot lengthier of a process that I was anticipating. Oh well live and learn. Not sure that we will stay there agin just for that reason, maybe when the kids are olders and a stroller isnt a necesity. ((and the room was not what I was expecting, especially for what I paid but they were willing to make that right.))

All in all we had a great trip! Something we wont soon forget. It was certainly on of the busiest times we have ever experienced WDW!! Monday night while at MK it was literally wall to wall people! In all our visits, we had never seen it so packed!! You couldnt walk with out running over someone or getting run into! I saw 2 families fighting over a spot for Spectromagic, security had to be called! SO CRAZY! Its Disney World for pete sake!:wizard:

Its only been 2 days since we checked out and I am feeling Dis-drawls and cant wait to start planning again! I am going to try to talk DH into a Vaction Club, we will see who wins that battle! The Contemporary is building a new DVC tower afterall! :teacher: It only makes sence!!

Count me in!!! I am a Dis Board aholic also!!! Anything Disney and I am there!! You know it's bad when my ring tone for my cell phone is "YO HO, YO HO a pirate life for me"!!!! Everyone except my husband thinks I am a Total freak, since his ring tone is the same!!! LOVE DISNEY and DIS BOARDS!!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Can't get enough!! pirate:pirate:

I am definitely sinking deeper and deeper into addiction since booking our trip this past January. Our first trip in 15 years is coming up in June. I was blessed with Disney-lovin' parents so we went approximately every two years growing up. DH and I last went 15 years ago on a very-early-in-our-relationship trip. I was in heaven. He liked it fine. And there is the problem, and the reason it's taken until our kids are 6 & 8 to take them on their first trip. I am hoping, however that all my obsessive planning will pay off and I can pull him into my obsession with Disney too. Add evil laugh here. :stir:

I am so glad I found this board!!! My family was making me feel like I really was the only person in the world that was obsessing over planning our trip. We are going for our very 1st time in June:cool1:

I can't imagine how obsessed I will be after this trip

But only because I am alone in the office today! No one else here appreciates my Disney Addiction, so I can only do it in certain company! Just my own comany! :rotfl: Thank goodness I am alone, my dis-addiction is in over drive... Its vacation week here and some friends are in WDW right now, and I have been living through them vicariuosly!! (sp?) :wizard::rolleyes:

Just......... Can't ........... Stay... Away!!!! Must... Have.... The Disboards....!! :rotfl:

:surfweb:I keep getting sucked into these boards! I could be here all day if it were possible!! My mom mentions maybe doing a surprise trip in November for a few days and it throws me into a Disney Frenzy!! :wizard: Not the best thing to say to a Dis-Addict! :laughing:

I may be a Disney: Nut, freak, obsessed, -aholic, whatever - you pick... BUT! I would never fake and ubduction and steal my own child and go to WDW!!
How crazy is that story in the news??

I was telling DH about it the other night. I started out by saying - Ok, so you think I am a Disney freak - wait 'til you hear what this Mom did... :worship: NUTSO!! She obviously has soemthing wrong with her, PPD i heard on an ther thread... Anyway - just had to share that one with you all!

How are all my fello Dis-aholics out there?? Any one getting the Disney Bug really bad or have a recent or upcoming trip to tell us all about?? Its been a long time!! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter