OMG! I am OBSESSED with DisBoards! Ahh - Support Group needed...

Hello, my name is Janieenrose, and I am a DIS board addict. :surfweb: But I must say, I am enjoying it immensely! :woohoo:

I love the dis!! I too check it alot!! When I have any down time from running my 3 girls around during the day to school, activities, and my own PT job, this is me :surfweb:! Love it!

I love the dis too! I am on it so much even when I shouldn't be lol If I'm not on I feel like I'm going to miss out on some important info.

I am Melissa and my laundry is piling up, my dishes need doing, I need to get groceries but I keep finding myself drawn back to the computer and it's not Facebook I'm heading too! Yes I too am a DIS addict!
Going on some of the trip reports its almost like being there :lovestruc

WOW!! All I can say is that since DH and I decided that we were going to plan a WDW Vacation.... I AM OBSESSED with DisBoards!!! :disrocks: I can't get enough!! We are on school vacation this week and find myself parked infront of the LapTop checking and rechecking, posting and reposting on The Dis!!!!:scared1: I will go off and do this or that and as I walk by my "User CP" page, I refresh and see whats going on!!! :rotfl: Maybe take a quick peek at one board or another...

Its 1:04 PM and I still haven't showered!! I have to at some point because I need to go to the post office, run to the grocery store and maybe :laundy:.

I just can't get enough and our trip is over a year away!! I am so excited! Whats wrong with me - The Dis is running my life!!! :laughing: :surfweb:

Is there anyone else out there that would like to begin a DA (Dis'ers Anonymous) or Dis-a-non Support Group??:disrocks:

Ok - found something to pull me away for a few - a poopy diaper awaits!! :lmao:

:rotfl2::rotfl2:
How funny and ironic is my original post??? Nothing has changed except for the poopy diaper... I just reread the OP from this week 5 years ago!! (2/2007)! DS#3 was less than a year old and now 5 1/2! :eek: I had to make a comment because people checking the OP/thread, then read my signature and think I had a 5 year old who is not potty trained yet!! :confused3 If that was the case, then I would really need some help and interventions to get off the boards! :lmao:

:surfweb: So - some things just dont change... we are still planning a trip. We went for a week in 2008 and last year for a weekend surprise trip (which we were again bitten my the mouse-bug) and now a full week this March!! Everything else is the same - On Winter Break... avoiding laundry and dishes.... Not much to eat in the house... I have showered today however. Now that's progress! Keep moving forward... :laughing:

I am Melissa and my laundry is piling up, my dishes need doing, I need to get groceries but I keep finding myself drawn back to the computer and it's not Facebook I'm heading too! Yes I too am a DIS addict!

OMG!! This is me to a "T"!! Today I avoided all those chores while on the Dis, then did them all really really fast before DH got home and I had to do school pick-up!! Don't tell my DH!!:rolleyes1

OMG!! This is me to a "T"!! Today I avoided all those chores while on the Dis, then did them all really really fast before DH got home and I had to do school pick-up!! Don't tell my DH!!:rolleyes1

I think MANY, many of us can associate with this one... Dis all day then clean like heck before DH gets home.... No one wants to hear "what did the heck did you do all day?" from DH when they walk in the house and the house is in worse shape than when they left.... Thankfully my husband is a Dis-fanatatic as well. But he still only 1/2 gets it! ;)

:rotfl2: Thats great! I love the "facebook" part... I can totally relate! Except now I have so many posts coming in to my facebook wall that are Disney related - it give me ideas of things to research and check out on Disboards.... :confused3

I haven't been on the DISboards in a looong, long time!! We have had a crazy year since we returned from Disney last spring! Life has been busy for sure with lots of ups and downs (mostly downs though it seems) - so I am ready for 2013 for sure!!! Now that Christmas is over and we are heading into the new year I am getting the Disney bug again. Our next adventure will be a family trip sometime soon in celebration for my Sister In law who was diagnosed with cancer this summer. She has finished her Chemo Treatments and we are waiting to hear her prognosis soon!! **Finger crossed** praying for a clean PET Scan in January!! :grouphug:

I had been OK with the idea that we did not have a Florida trip planned this year... We have our house on the market and we weren't sure what to expect ... :coffee:

I was OK with the fact that we went to WDW last spring and we planned to take a year off and go next year or next summer.... :beach:

I was OK waiting until my SILs Cancer diagnosis came back clear..... Thank the Lord that my SIL is in remission :thumbsup2 :cool1: and we can now take the family trip to WDW that we have always talked about....:goodvibes

BUT it wasnt until today that I really was bitten by the mouse! ::yes:: I have changed my facebook profile pictures, my phone ring tones, bought new Disney Camilia beads and even more Laila perfume (you Dis-fanatics know what that is!) I'm listening to pixiedust: Sorcerer Radio on LIVE365.com and cant keep from thinking about getting back. I feel my obsession kicking back into full swing...:scratchin the only thing is that I have no plan as to when we will go back, what (if any) the currents offers and deals are... or when we could all even coordinate going!

Looks like I have some work to do!! :surfweb:

Ok. So. We are headed to WDW in November to see the Mouse. :thumbsup2 Even though we are not traveling with my sister in law, we have decided to go with my sister, brother in law and their 3 kids (our, too, of course). We just couldn't make our schedules work with my Brother in law and Sister in law... they hemmed and hawed and we got the point. I just dont think they were as excited about the idea/adventure as we were. No problem. Im an still going to Disney. :confused3

I, however, still had the Disney itch. :sad2: I had looked into a Disney Cruise for the 5 of us in March. It was one day shorter and about $1000 less for us to go on a 5 night cruise than it was to go for 6 night to POR (again). I wanted to switch it up a bit and see something new. or again... we went in '05 when DS10 was 2. and DS7 was non-existent.

Then DS and DBIL mentioned that they wanted to go to Disney with us. Its been mentioned before, but they really meant it this time. DS was all in, DBIL is kind of a skeptic but wants to make my sister happy. (rightfully so :flower3:) It will be so fun with her little ones (2 & 4 plus a new princess: due in September) princess:. Even thought they will have a freshie, it will be also of fun for all of the boys to be together in all capacityies (5 boys ranging from 2 to 14). ANNND to give DBIL a sneakpeak into my/our secret life .... pixiedust: :rotfl: I amnot sure if he fully stands what he's in for... the lingo, the itineraries, the maps, the schedules, the rope drops, the ADRS, DDP's, and fast pass business. :idea:

Regardless, we will have a blast. I have not been to WDW in November since I was a kid. What can I expect for weather? Will WDW be in full fledged Christmas mode? ((If so - thats OK, I love Christmas!)) We are staying at the Ft Wilderness Cabins - what are they like? Do you still get the Disney feel, ambiance? How big is the murphy bed - F or Q? Any suggestions for traveling with a 2 month old? My kids have been given full Disney Commando training, so I am not worried there... but we havent traveled with another family in a long time - cant remember how to juggle a large 2 family party...

Regardless, we are 102 days out and need to get crackin' on itineraries - extra magic hours, park schedules, firework & parade schedules, ADR's, and all that fun stuff!! I appreciate any and all feed back....

I havent read a Disney book in a while... :scratchin I must admit the "50 Shades" trilogy topped my reading lists last summer. This year I have started reading The Revised Vault of Walt. Mouse Junkies I & II, Lessons from the Mouse, Disney World Deluxe, Walt Disney World Trivia, Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World and every 'how-to' Disney travel book. Any suggestions out there? :coffee:

Now I can really dig into this planning business - its the funnest part!!

:dance3:Happy Planning!!

Congrats on your sil's good prognosis! Have fun planning your new adventure!

Thank you very, very much! It was just about a year ago that she was diagnosed. We will be celebrating her 35th birthday Saturday. Its been quite a year! Its really given us a chance to reflect and reevaluate what is most important.... now we just have to remember that lesson and not lose sight of it all... :hug:

Has anyone else started a Disney <3 Pinterest board or am I the only one? I have found many great WDW recipes, decorating ideas, tips and other fun Disney things to get me by. Except I had o tweak how it posts on my Facebook wall as many people I know now know about my Disney Obsession. Some understand, many think its for the kids, but most just don't get it and probably think I'm whacked. If thy only knew about his website and the boards I frequent! :)

Ok. So. We are headed to WDW in November to see the Mouse. :thumbsup2 Even though we are not traveling with my sister in law, we have decided to go with my sister, brother in law and their 3 kids (our, too, of course). We just couldn't make our schedules work with my Brother in law and Sister in law... they hemmed and hawed and we got the point. I just dont think they were as excited about the idea/adventure as we were. No problem. Im an still going to Disney. :confused3

I, however, still had the Disney itch. :sad2: I had looked into a Disney Cruise for the 5 of us in March. It was one day shorter and about $1000 less for us to go on a 5 night cruise than it was to go for 6 night to POR (again). I wanted to switch it up a bit and see something new. or again... we went in '05 when DS10 was 2. and DS7 was non-existent.

Then DS and DBIL mentioned that they wanted to go to Disney with us. Its been mentioned before, but they really meant it this time. DS was all in, DBIL is kind of a skeptic but wants to make my sister happy. (rightfully so :flower3:) It will be so fun with her little ones (2 & 4 plus a new princess: due in September) princess:. Even thought they will have a freshie, it will be also of fun for all of the boys to be together in all capacityies (5 boys ranging from 2 to 14). ANNND to give DBIL a sneakpeak into my/our secret life .... pixiedust: :rotfl: I amnot sure if he fully stands what he's in for... the lingo, the itineraries, the maps, the schedules, the rope drops, the ADRS, DDP's, and fast pass business. :idea:

Regardless, we will have a blast. I have not been to WDW in November since I was a kid. What can I expect for weather? Will WDW be in full fledged Christmas mode? ((If so - thats OK, I love Christmas!)) We are staying at the Ft Wilderness Cabins - what are they like? Do you still get the Disney feel, ambiance? How big is the murphy bed - F or Q? Any suggestions for traveling with a 2 month old? My kids have been given full Disney Commando training, so I am not worried there... but we havent traveled with another family in a long time - cant remember how to juggle a large 2 family party...

Regardless, we are 102 days out and need to get crackin' on itineraries - extra magic hours, park schedules, firework & parade schedules, ADR's, and all that fun stuff!! I appreciate any and all feed back....

I havent read a Disney book in a while... :scratchin I must admit the "50 Shades" trilogy topped my reading lists last summer. This year I have started reading The Revised Vault of Walt. Mouse Junkies I & II, Lessons from the Mouse, Disney World Deluxe, Walt Disney World Trivia, Hidden Magic of Walt Disney World and every 'how-to' Disney travel book. Any suggestions out there? :coffee:

Now I can really dig into this planning business - its the funnest part!!

:dance3:Happy Planning!!

So you will be there for Thanksgiving week? Hope we have great weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!