OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Thanks for the great info and advice. Which buildings specifically would you suggest we request for the Turtle Pond area? Looks like 32-34 are nearest to the bus stop, but maybe that's noisy with all the brake noise all night? The boys do like cornhole and ping pong, so that could be fun. Otherwise I was thinking of requesting 23-26 to be near HH.

BTW, where does the water taxi to Disney Springs leave from?

Thanks again! You too @chepic !
Buses are quiet TBH.
We stayed in BLDG 31. And We thought it was perfect. To me 36 -40 would probably be my least fav. if I had to chose..I can also see #35 as a nice spot...

Thanks for the great info and advice. Which buildings specifically would you suggest we request for the Turtle Pond area? Looks like 32-34 are nearest to the bus stop, but maybe that's noisy with all the brake noise all night? The boys do like cornhole and ping pong, so that could be fun. Otherwise I was thinking of requesting 23-26 to be near HH.

The boat to Disney Springs leaves from the dock at the Hospitality House.

I don't think so... we rented points, so maybe that isn't possible? Is close to HH a preferred rate?
No, there is no preferred rate at OKW. It's just a specific booking category and it goes rather quickly at seven to 11 months out. That booking category includes 11-14 and 23-26. But it's my least preferred areas.

No, there is no preferred rate at OKW. It's just a specific booking category and it goes rather quickly at seven to 11 months out. That booking category includes 11-14 and 23-26. But it's my least preferred areas.

Duly noted.
Sounds like we should request the turtle pond area then. Thanks again!

There's a dock behind the Hospitality House.

Can the chair that opens into a single sleeper in the living room be moved into the bedroom?
No. It's very wide and heavy. Cannot get it through the door. Besides, DVC has asked members not to move the furniture. You could bring your own air bed and linens and make that up and put it in the bedroom.

Heading to OKW for the first time this May. How far is it from the HH to the furthest building. Is that building closer to the Springs.
We are 4 males just going down to play some golf, no parks. So hitting up the dinners at night time too.
Thanks

Heading to OKW for the first time this May. How far is it from the HH to the furthest building. Is that building closer to the Springs.
We are 4 males just going down to play some golf, no parks. So hitting up the dinners at night time too.
Thanks

The furthest building is probably a 15 minute walk...I have never stayed in that building. Doesn't matter what building you stay in regarding Disney Springs as you need to take the bus or the ferry over. The ferry is at the HH and the bus does need to stop at the bus stops in the complex. My husband loves the courses there and is always pleased when we stay at OKW. We enjoy seeing him when he comes by the condo. Enjoy.

? Has anyone rented bikes for the entire stay? Wondering if they have a deal like they did in Hilton Head. I only see the $18/day.

Thanks

Thanks
South Point is closest to the path to Disney Springs. But the path isn't out at night, so you can't use it at night. You need to take the boat or bus to Disney Springs. It's maybe a ten minute walk from the start of the path to the HH.

South Point is closest to the path to Disney Springs. But the path isn't out at night, so you can't use it at night. You need to take the boat or bus to Disney Springs. It's maybe a ten minute walk from the start of the path to the HH.
Thanks, or I guess we could just bring flashlights if the boats stop at 11pm

Thanks

All the bus stops take you to the HH so if you want to go to Springs at night, just hop on any bus, get off at the HH and walk in between the check in and Olivia's and down to the boat to Springs. Easy Peasy.

All the bus stops take you to the HH so if you want to go to Springs at night, just hop on any bus, get off at the HH and walk in between the check in and Olivia's and down to the boat to Springs. Easy Peasy.

I've been on buses that haven't stopped at the Hospitality House. The bus driver yelled out "Is anyone going to the Hospitality House", after the bus filled up at Miller's Road. When no one responded, he just took a left at Peninsula road, and we left the resort. So be sure to listen to the bus driver!

I've been on buses that haven't stopped at the Hospitality House. The bus driver yelled out "Is anyone going to the Hospitality House", after the bus filled up at Miller's Road. When no one responded, he just took a left at Peninsula road, and we left the resort. So be sure to listen to the bus driver!

Cool way to handle it when it is a full bus. IF it wasn't full and I was sitting at HH waiting for the next bus to that location, I might get REALLY REALLY laid back and do what I always do there. HEAD TO GURGLING SUITCASE! pirate:

Less than a week and we’re there!!!! So excited! :daisy:
About what time would you get to the bus stop closest to you (of course, we don’t know our building yet) if you want to get to the parks around 8:30 a.m.? There’s a website where I input OKW to each of the parks separately, and it gives a 16-20 minute bus ride for each, but I’m unfamiliar with the internal bus system with multiple stops. I figured on leaving the villa by 7:30 just to be sure, but I’m wondering if that’s giving it too much time. Thank you in advance! :thanks:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter