OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Less than a week and we’re there!!!! So excited! :daisy:
About what time would you get to the bus stop closest to you (of course, we don’t know our building yet) if you want to get to the parks around 8:30 a.m.? There’s a website where I input OKW to each of the parks separately, and it gives a 16-20 minute bus ride for each, but I’m unfamiliar with the internal bus system with multiple stops. I figured on leaving the villa by 7:30 just to be sure, but I’m wondering if that’s giving it too much time. Thank you in advance! :thanks:

That's probably about right. Chances are you will have to wait a few minutes for the bus and then it stops at other stops too.

Question- if you book a Near HH villa and request buildings 23-26, is that something that is likely to be fufilled? Those would be my ideal buildings but I don't want to end up in 11-14.

In general, if you request groups of buildings (30-36, etc) is that something you usually get? Thanks!

Less than a week and we’re there!!!! So excited! :daisy:
About what time would you get to the bus stop closest to you (of course, we don’t know our building yet) if you want to get to the parks around 8:30 a.m.? There’s a website where I input OKW to each of the parks separately, and it gives a 16-20 minute bus ride for each, but I’m unfamiliar with the internal bus system with multiple stops. I figured on leaving the villa by 7:30 just to be sure, but I’m wondering if that’s giving it too much time. Thank you in advance! :thanks:

We always are at the stop 1 hour before I want to get to the park, and 1.5 hours before if we are going to another hotel to have dinner. That way we are never late!!! Rather be early and walk around a bit than late and miss the opening or a reservation.

Question- if you book a Near HH villa and request buildings 23-26, is that something that is likely to be fufilled? Those would be my ideal buildings but I don't want to end up in 11-14.

In general, if you request groups of buildings (30-36, etc) is that something you usually get? Thanks!
Not always. It just depends on how full the resort is.

We always are at the stop 1 hour before I want to get to the park, and 1.5 hours before if we are going to another hotel to have dinner. That way we are never late!!! Rather be early and walk around a bit than late and miss the opening or a reservation.

Thank you so much for your helpful reply!!!

What are the downsides of HH booking? I thought it would be good since we don’t have a. Ar, but I think a few people have said it’s their least favorite and now Im wondering why?

What are the downsides of HH booking? I thought it would be good since we don’t have a. Ar, but I think a few people have said it’s their least favorite and now Im wondering why?

It's mostly personal preference, not necessarily that people think HH area is undesirable. The main pool can get pretty crowded while the "neighborhood" pools usually tend to be a bit quieter. There are some room configuration differences in the older buildings (HH area for the most part). Parking at some of the HH buildings can be tight during the day when people from other areas drive to the HH for dining or swimming.

If you want to be close to the resort amenities, HH area is the way to go and I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Have a great trip!

I don't think there is a downside, as such, it just depends upon the traveling party, and how close of friends or family you are. A studio is a studio, but if you're booking one bedroom or larger, building numbers 29 and lower have one entrance to the master bathroom...through the master bedroom. Building 30 and higher have two entrances to the master bath...through the master bedroom AND through the laundry room. It can make a difference if you have someone sleeping in the living room on the foldouts.

People visiting the HH need to find a place to park if there isn't any place to park at the HH. So they park at the villas close by. If you were out, you come back and can't find a place to park. It isn't a problem for 23 thru 26, but you might not get those units. We like South Point and Miller's Road and just walk to the HH area if we want to go there. And we avoid the main pool at all costs. Not into the noise and games that are held there all day long.

Hey gang. We have our first OKW stay coming up in 99 days! We typically are very easy to please and don't even make many requests. Sometimes doing room-roulette is part of the fun! But for a resort as large as OKW is, we may need to make some requests. We have a car and drive to the parks so no need to worry about being close to bus stops. However, if we want to get to Olivia's etc, do how does the bus system work to get from stops around the resort to the main house with the shops and restaurants and boat to DS?

Also, what would be a good building/area to request if we want to be near a pool? Doesn't have to be the main feature pool In fact, we like quiet pools a lot! Loved the Paddock pool at SSR. Are there pools with snack bars etc near them other than the main pool?

Totally looking forward to the chill vibe! This trip will be primarily for Flower & Garden, DS and Typhoon Lagoon.

Hey gang. We have our first OKW stay coming up in 99 days! We typically are very easy to please and don't even make many requests. Sometimes doing room-roulette is part of the fun! But for a resort as large as OKW is, we may need to make some requests. We have a car and drive to the parks so no need to worry about being close to bus stops. However, if we want to get to Olivia's etc, do how does the bus system work to get from stops around the resort to the main house with the shops and restaurants and boat to DS?

Also, what would be a good building/area to request if we want to be near a pool? Doesn't have to be the main feature pool In fact, we like quiet pools a lot! Loved the Paddock pool at SSR. Are there pools with snack bars etc near them other than the main pool?

Totally looking forward to the chill vibe! This trip will be primarily for Flower & Garden, DS and Typhoon Lagoon.

I would recommend the Turtle Pond area as it has a quiet pool and a snack bar. Plus it is an easy walk to the Hospitality House area :love:

You can hop any bus and get off at the Hospitality House. Then you can walk over to the Peninsular Road bus stop and take a bus to any of the other three stops - South Point, Turtle Pond or Millers Road. Or you can walk anywhere. It's maybe 10 minutes to walk from one area to another. Just make sure you walk on the sidewalks and not on the sides of the road. There are several areas where the sidewalk crosses the road and you'll need to cross there because there is no sidewalk if you try to stay on the side you were walking on.

Theme park buses go this route - Enter the resort, Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Millers Road, Hospitality House, leave the resort.
Internal/DS buses go this route - Enter the resort, Hospitality House, Millers Road, Peninsular Road, South Point, Turtle Pond, Hospitality House, leave the resort.

So if its no more than 10-15walk from the farthest buildings to HH. How often are the busses to the Springs?

So if its no more than 10-15 walk from the farthest buildings to HH. How often are the busses to the Springs?
25 to 30 minutes on average, since they double as the OKW internal shuttles. Walk to HH from the farthest bldg (50) is about .67 miles, or roughly the equivalent of 1/2 way around the World Showcase Promenade at EPCOT.

People visiting the HH need to find a place to park if there isn't any place to park at the HH. So they park at the villas close by. If you were out, you come back and can't find a place to park. It isn't a problem for 23 thru 26, but you might not get those units. We like South Point and Miller's Road and just walk to the HH area if we want to go there. And we avoid the main pool at all costs. Not into the noise and games that are held there all day long.
Thank you so much!!!

Here now in a renovated room in turtle pond, building 39. Renovation here appears to be very fresh, it doesn’t looks like very many, if anyone has stayed in this room before us.
I mostly love the renovation, the bathrooms look great and the big TV in the living room is pretty awesome.
And they left the ceiling fans! Which are starting to get scarce at Disney hotels.

They have also gotten around to installing the dreaded shampoo/conditioner/shower gel holders in the bathrooms. They don’t look terrible, but I’m not a fan.

Got in yesterday. Deluxe Studio, building 44.

I like the refurb for the most part. The carpet needed the update and the raised beds add a lot of suitcase storage that was previously lacking.

I understand the complaints that the bathroom refurb isn’t really Key West themed, but I like it and think it maintains the charm of Key West with the painted vanity and mirror frame.

Also of note, happy they kept the ceiling fan and our studio came with real mugs, not just paper (I know the suspected phase out of real mugs is a concern for many people)

Hi guys!!! I just booked a 1 night stay in a 1 bedroom near the hospitality house before we move over to BCV for 9 nights (it will be myself, DH, DD18 and DD15). We are all very excited to be staying at OKW and even though it is for just 1 night, I can definitely see us staying there for a full stay in the future. My only question is, what area is near the hospitality house? Thank you for any information you can give me :goodvibes.

Hi guys!!! I just booked a 1 night stay in a 1 bedroom near the hospitality house before we move over to BCV for 9 nights (it will be myself, DH, DD18 and DD15). We are all very excited to be staying at OKW and even though it is for just 1 night, I can definitely see us staying there for a full stay in the future. My only question is, what area is near the hospitality house? Thank you for any information you can give me :goodvibes.
Bldg 11-14 and 23-26.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!