OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

What is everybody’s favorite HH building?
It depends on if I have a car or not. If I have no car, I like 11 to 14, a little closer to HH, and crowded parking makes no difference without a car. If I do have a car, then I go for the 23 to 26 cluster behind the Peninsular Road bus stop.

It depends on if I have a car or not. If I have no car, I like 11 to 14, a little closer to HH, and crowded parking makes no difference without a car. If I do have a car, then I go for the 23 to 26 cluster behind the Peninsular Road bus stop.
Thanks. We will not have a car.

Building 35. Very handy to the Turtle Pond pool. Directly across the street from a bus stop. Little road noise.
Yeah, but that isn't a building in the HH category. I like 30 to 35 if someone is sleeping in the living room of a 1 bed or larger unit, since they have the 2nd entrance to the master bath.

Yeah, but that isn't a building in the HH category. I like 30 to 35 if someone is sleeping in the living room of a 1 bed or larger unit, since they have the 2nd entrance to the master bath.
You are right - I missed the HH part of the question.

Thanks so much for that piece of info.

We have a reservation in about 50 days and I am starting the planning process now.

I'm sure this has been answered 100 times, but we would really like a water view. Don't really care how close we are to anything just a nice water/river view. We are in a dedicated 2 bedroom and not booked in the close to HH room. Any suggestion on a building request?

our requested locations have changed for the last few trips now that I need an ECV (scooter) I request bldg 23-29 or south point near bus stop. Often the scooter spots are full if you get on at Turtle pond or later. I hate having to have people move just to get a space for the scooter, so I like to get the earlier bus stops.

We have a reservation in about 50 days and I am starting the planning process now.

I'm sure this has been answered 100 times, but we would really like a water view. Don't really care how close we are to anything just a nice water/river view. We are in a dedicated 2 bedroom and not booked in the close to HH room. Any suggestion on a building request?
OKW does have some units with water views but not that many. Rather than specify a particular building, just request "Water View". That tells the room assigner exactly is important to you and gives them wide flexibility to meet them.

OKW is my favorite resort/home resort!! I have the best memories associated with this resort- from a trip with all of my mom's siblings in 2010 to staying in a grand villa with my Aunt Anita's family in 2010, OKW holds a special place in my heart. I also have a funny/weird story about Olivia's, but thats for another reply :)

With the refurb I can't say what they have now. I have not seen any posts about a GV since the new layout, Please post info after your trip, and have a great stay, if it's your first stay in an OKW GV be ready to be floored by all the space.
We just got back from our trip, we were unexpectedly moved to hospitality house area building 15. We think it was because our checkout day corresponded with when they were planning on shutting it down for refurbishment. While we were there they took the walls down around building building 16. The amount of space was great, we were 10 people. I had no problem accessing the HDMI port on the side. Thanks for all your help.

Gimme the worst room in this place, and I'll take it over a lot of other resorts...
As others have stated, there really isn't a far walk from anywhere, & it is so calming & peaceful.
The only complaint I had, was that I didn't have enough time to spend around the resort, Just on departure day...:confused3 but that won't happen again..:teeth:

We just got back from our trip, we were unexpectedly moved to hospitality house area building 15. We think it was because our checkout day corresponded with when they were planning on shutting it down for refurbishment. While we were there they took the walls down around building building 16. The amount of space was great, we were 10 people. I had no problem accessing the HDMI port on the side. Thanks for all your help.
Bldg 15 is not considered Near HH area for booking. 11-14, 23-26 are Near HH booking category.

Bldg 15 is not considered Near HH area for booking. 11-14, 23-26 are Near HH booking category.
My bad the only reason I thought it was, was because when I used the MDE app to open my door it said it was Hospitality House Area. Either way it wasn't very far away.

Haven't been to OKW in a long time and am getting ready to put in room request (studio). We will have a car and would prefer to be in a quiet area away from the bus stops and traffic/pool noise. Would love to have a canal view but was wondering if the boats that go by are noisy at night? Have stayed in the Turtle Pond and South Point areas before and enjoyed it. Any suggestions for quiet area with a lovely view? Thanks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts