OKW Lovers Thread. Part 2

Heading down tomorrow for 16days in a one bedroom, can't wait, our favorite resort. We were already owners at ssr when we took a boat ride to check this place out, that was it, we bought points there on our return home. Now we book at ssr at 11 months, then combine our points and switch to okw at 7 months, been doing that ever since. Wouldn't even think about doing anything else, we're that happy with okw.

18 days until the paradise of OKW! First timers and so very excited! My in-laws would like to have a shorter walk to HH, so hopefully we get that. Any tips for first-time stays at OKW? :thanks:
We have stayed both close to HH and very far away... and to be honest we liked the further away location. We were right next to a bus stop and just took any bus to get to the HH. We actually walked more when we were in the closer location.

We have stayed both close to HH and very far away... and to be honest we liked the further away location. We were right next to a bus stop and just took any bus to get to the HH. We actually walked more when we were in the closer location.

Thanks for the input! :goodvibes My in-laws are very interested in being able to walk to the pool, although I highly doubt it's going to be warm enough to swim given the extended forecast :rotfl:! It's great to know that even if we're far away from HH, it will be a great location, too! And your point about walking more when you're closer is an interesting one that I haven't considered! :thanks:

18 days until the paradise of OKW! First timers and so very excited! My in-laws would like to have a shorter walk to HH, so hopefully we get that. Any tips for first-time stays at OKW? :thanks:
Have a celebratory drink at the Gurgling Suitcase, enjoy at least one meal at Olivia's, if they can't get you in the HH area, ask for Turtle Pond area...very nice, and take the time to relax!

Have a celebratory drink at the Gurgling Suitcase, enjoy at least one meal at Olivia's, if they can't get you in the HH area, ask for Turtle Pond area...very nice, and take the time to relax!

Put us in the Turtle pond fan group. We were in building 42 last time second floor in a 2BR. Had hole #4 tee box right in front of our balcony. My son and I played and called the girls when we got to the #3 green and told them to bring us a beer out of the fridge. Was about 50 yards from Turtle shack and pool. We have to stay here or South Point Road as we need the extra bathroom door as I usually stay in the living room while daughter, wife and lil grandtink have the master, son and girlfriend have the second bedroom. Don't mind that at all as it is just steps from the fridge! pirate: Argh! I actually stay on the pull out chair as it is quite a bit more comfy than the pull out couch. We return in April and will get to scope out the new reno's. Oh, I think me and my son's bill at the Gurgling suitcase for the week hit four figures with tip. pirate:

We are fairly new to DVC and are doing our first split stay this summer. We'll be doing 4 nights at OKW and 4 nights at AKL this August. Before joining DVC, Port Orleans FQ was our favorite resort because of the quiet, homey vibe. Everything I've read about OKW seems to match that, so we're really looking forward to our stay. We are crossing our fingers for a quiet villa away from the hubbub - maybe near a waterway- so I've definitely appreciated all the posts here pointing out certain buildings to request. Super excited to stay here!
Good choices...Not only is OKW quiet, but the other 1/2 of your S/S is just as serene & tranquil....You'll love them both I'm sure.:thumbsup2

Put us in the Turtle pond fan group. We were in building 42 last time second floor in a 2BR. Had hole #4 tee box right in front of our balcony. My son and I played and called the girls when we got to the #3 green and told them to bring us a beer out of the fridge. Was about 50 yards from Turtle shack and pool. We have to stay here or South Point Road as we need the extra bathroom door as I usually stay in the living room while daughter, wife and lil grandtink have the master, son and girlfriend have the second bedroom. Don't mind that at all as it is just steps from the fridge! pirate: Argh! I actually stay on the pull out chair as it is quite a bit more comfy than the pull out couch. We return in April and will get to scope out the new reno's. Oh, I think me and my son's bill at the Gurgling suitcase for the week hit four figures with tip. pirate:
------> :drinking1:drinking1:drinking1.....Arrrghpirate:

Sounds amazing! Thank you! :goodvibes

That sounds like a perfect setup! The bar bill sounds painful but worth it! :rotfl:

Sounds like a great trip and that you would be perfect neighbors to have!!! LOL.

Just booked OKW for the first time for a long weekend in mid-October - our fourth DVC resort (WL, AKL, and PVR vets). Where do folks recommend for families with youngish kids (boys 7 and 11)? We're thinking of going to the parks 2 full days plus MNSSHP. We usually like 1-2 big pool trips and are also looking to make use of proximity to Disney Springs via the boat (or bus?).
Thanks in advance for the input!

Hello! I was thinking about trying to rent points for a 2BR stay in October. Does anyone have any pictures of the renovated 2 bedroom? Is there a location you would recommend?

Thank you for the help!

Hello! I was thinking about trying to rent points for a 2BR stay in October. Does anyone have any pictures of the renovated 2 bedroom? Is there a location you would recommend?

Thank you for the help!
If you have ever stayed in a Hampton Inn, that's what the renovated villas look like.

They look a lot like my rental properties. (photo below) Same basic color scheme.

I didn't hate it as much as I thought I would initially. I stayed in a renovated 1 bedroom last week. That said, some splashes of color would've helped a LOT, like a colorful border over the kitchen. And the thing that really stuck out was the "marble" around the jetted tub. It didn't match anything, really. If they'd even used the gray flooring that was in the bathroom around the tub walls instead of that marble, it would've looked a lot better. The wood wall, which they removed from the bathroom, looked a lot better than the plain drywall that is there now. The new shower is really nice, and the design of the vanities is nice (though a different color would have brightened everything up) The lighted mirror in the room with the jetted tub is pretty neat.

19905468_1477777938949230_3032385470890134495_n.jpg

Last edited:
Just booked OKW for the first time for a long weekend in mid-October - our fourth DVC resort (WL, AKL, and PVR vets). Where do folks recommend for families with youngish kids (boys 7 and 11)? We're thinking of going to the parks 2 full days plus MNSSHP. We usually like 1-2 big pool trips and are also looking to make use of proximity to Disney Springs via the boat (or bus?).
Thanks in advance for the input!

We have 2 boys and because we go every year we started with the 2 park day rule...they get to pick the parks. The rest of the time is spent relaxing by the pool, mini-golf, bowling, Disney Springs, water parks, going to other properties...fun to walk around Animal Kingdom Lodge and then have dinner at BOMA....as well as driving off property to go to Cape Canaveral and other explorations. Disney Springs is better by boat from OKW in my opinion.

TBH, There doesn't seem to be a bad area in OKW, IMHO.

That being said, it all depends on what type of scenery would you prefer? Golf course view, or perhaps of the canal, maybe somewhat of a pool vista. If you chose near HH, then of course you'll be by the main pool, and activities which is fine...The slide there is pretty good, and the overall vibe is cool...We were in Turtle Pond, so far enough without being to far away from the main area. About a 6 min walk, from our bldg. We did enjoy the quiet pool there, for it had shuffle board and cornhole and ping pong, along with a snack shed too. If we weren't able to snag a close to HH studio next time, then I'd like to try for a studio along peninsula Rd..near the river or on the backend by the quiet pool there..

Some people enjoy Millers pond, which I wouldn't mind either...Whichever you get I'm sure would be Great..

TBH, There doesn't seem to be a bad area in OKW, IMHO.

That being said, it all depends on what type of scenery would you prefer? Golf course view, or perhaps of the canal, maybe somewhat of a pool vista. If you chose near HH, then of course you'll be by the main pool, and activities which is fine...The slide there is pretty good, and the overall vibe is cool...We were in Turtle Pond, so far enough without being to far away from the main area. About a 6 min walk, from our bldg. We did enjoy the quiet pool there, for it had shuffle board and cornhole and ping pong, along with a snack shed too. If we weren't able to snag a close to HH studio next time, then I'd like to try for a studio along peninsula Rd..near the river or on the backend by the quiet pool there..

Some people enjoy Millers pond, which I wouldn't mind either...Whichever you get I'm sure would be Great..

Thanks for the great info and advice. Which buildings specifically would you suggest we request for the Turtle Pond area? Looks like 32-34 are nearest to the bus stop, but maybe that's noisy with all the brake noise all night? The boys do like cornhole and ping pong, so that could be fun. Otherwise I was thinking of requesting 23-26 to be near HH.

BTW, where does the water taxi to Disney Springs leave from?

Thanks again! You too @chepic !

Thanks for the great info and advice. Which buildings specifically would you suggest we request for the Turtle Pond area? Looks like 32-34 are nearest to the bus stop, but maybe that's noisy with all the brake noise all night? The boys do like cornhole and ping pong, so that could be fun. Otherwise I was thinking of requesting 23-26 to be near HH.

BTW, where does the water taxi to Disney Springs leave from?

Thanks again! You too @chepic !
DiD you book close to HH?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter