Official Wine & Dine 2018

Hi Folks,
I am in Corral D, I was wondering if someone who did the 10K and HM before had a rough idea what time that Corral gets to the start time?

Thanks,
Frank

I'm also in corral A and have run some prior Disney races from there. Corral A is only a few hundred people in total and most of those people are not stopping. You will have little to no line at all. I actually timed a photo with Goofy during the 2017 full marathon, where I literally ran up to him just as the prior person was leaving, there was no line, they snapped the pic and I continued running. I think the whole thing took 8-10 seconds. The picture was linked to my band because we had photopass that year. If you don't have photopass they will send you a link where you can view all the proofs and purchase race photos directly from them via your bib number. There will be photographers throughout the entire course in addition to the character stops. And I have the same illness, I keep a spreadsheet of all my race distances, times, pace, age group placing and overall placing. It's fun to see the ups and downs over the years.

Thanks for all the replies, I feel more comfortable going into the race now!

Hi Folks,
I am in Corral D, I was wondering if someone who did the 10K and HM before had a rough idea what time that Corral gets to the start time?

It's usually 3 minutes from when the last person starts within the prior corral. On larger corrals it's a judgement call by the race director. Corrals A-C usually clear out pretty quickly, so plan on starting D at around 5:40. For the half this year Corral F is huge, it's will take some time for everybody in that corral to cross the start line.

It's usually 3 minutes from when the last person starts within the prior corral. On larger corrals it's a judgement call by the race director. Corrals A-C usually clear out pretty quickly, so plan on starting D at around 5:40. For the half this year Corral F is huge, it's will take some time for everybody in that corral to cross the start line.

Thanks for the info!!

Merch!!!:yay:

In the photo next to the girl in the pink top (where it shows just the back) - is that a jacket or a LS shirt? Love that! :love:
I always get a Tervis but not sure how I feel about the red color? :rolleyes1
I also usually get a sneaker ornament, so hoping they have those for this race.
One week away!!!

In the photo next to the girl in the pink top (where it shows just the back) - is that a jacket or a LS shirt? Love that! :love:
One week away!!!
I believe that is the jacket.

I like the merch preview. Maybe a little too much. I told myself no jacket this year and of course I really like the jacket in the preview... I can hear my wallet crying already!

OK, kind of a dumb question.
When I run, I compete with my previous times. All the time. Its an illness. So I was not planning on stopping for any photos along the route.
My son is a huge Oswald fan and I am under strict orders that I have to stop if he is one of the character stops.
I will be in corral A, so what are the lines usually like for the character stops near the front and how quick can you get through in the best case that nobody is waiting?
Do they just snap a quick picture and merge it with your account via your bib later? Do I need my magic band?

I run from A and personally don't stop. I can say I have never seen anyone else stop either so I've never seen anything resembling a line for any characters.

I have, however, seen characters just arriving so depending on your speed you may beat some characters to the course.

I have been low key pretending like I could find a bib and afford to go to Wine & Dine this year for the past week. Obviously not possible, but omg I love the merch!

One week away!!!

I pre-ordered a bundle that has a sneaker ornament, so I assume they will be selling them individually at the expo as well.

Absolutely nothing in the merch preview I want or need, other than a magnet. Which isn't a bash on the merch, as I'm not just not into shopping or stuff, and is good because I'm going into the weekend straight-up broke, lol! Thank goodness for Disney Visa Reward points to pay for food. ;)

We were going to get the pins if they were nice. I've never been a fan of the medal pins, but I like the other ones. My son doesn't really love the 5K pin, and that's the race he's running, so he may get the non race specific pin instead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter