Official Wine & Dine 2018

I have a couple of questions for you rD experts...
1. Expo: I have to pick up bibs for the 5 and 10. I know to have the waiver and ID. Do I need to wait in 2 separate lines? One for the 5 and one for the 10?
2. Merch: I ordered a magnet and pin, that’s a separate line from bibs, right? Are the preorder magnets different from other ones they sell there?
3. About how long does it take to pick up and maybe browse a little?

I swear I read the guide but there didn’t seem to be much more info in there than I already knew. I’m more nervous about navigating expo than I am the actual races.

Also I have no desire to stick around and browse if the place is slammed. I had a bad experience on a DVC member cruise this summer where a lady ripped a shirt out of my hand and then undressed and put said shirt on. I like merch, but not that much. That’s why I preordered stuff.

I land around 11:30am on Thursday. Would it make more sense to take a Lyft rather than ME? I want to get in and out as easily as possible.

Thanks for calming the nerves of a chronic worrier:)

An update to post #2681 above -- contacted Track Shack and after a lot of back and forth, they changed him to corral C. His proof of time numbers were transposed, so they made an exception. I did get a little lecture about checking this in the future. Not sure how to access the registration proof of time in my Disney account to be sure they are correct...

But in any case, thank you so much for the advice, this is a much better position for his start and everyone around him, too! :dogdance:

I have a couple of questions for you rD experts...
1. Expo: I have to pick up bibs for the 5 and 10. I know to have the waiver and ID. Do I need to wait in 2 separate lines? One for the 5 and one for the 10?
2. Merch: I ordered a magnet and pin, that’s a separate line from bibs, right? Are the preorder magnets different from other ones they sell there?
3. About how long does it take to pick up and maybe browse a little?
Yes two separate lines.

Yes also a separate line. They usually have a general race weekend magnet as part of preorder.

If you aren’t doing a lot of shopping maybe no more than an hour?

Yes two separate lines.

Yes also a separate line. They usually have a general race weekend magnet as part of preorder.

If you aren’t doing a lot of shopping maybe no more than an hour?
Awesome thanks! I say no shopping now, but I know me.
If I can be in and out in an hour that’d be great.

One more thing, are buses to and from the expo quick? Or is it hit and miss/luck whether you wait for one or not?

An update to post #2681 above -- contacted Track Shack and after a lot of back and forth, they changed him to corral C. His proof of time numbers were transposed, so they made an exception. I did get a little lecture about checking this in the future. Not sure how to access the registration proof of time in my Disney account to be sure they are correct...

But in any case, thank you so much for the advice, this is a much better position for his start and everyone around him, too! :dogdance:

I’m glad they were able to help!

It does seem that PoT submissions are scrubbed from registration info now with the new system after PoT submission closes, where it used to be available until forever on Active. Good lesson to print out or keep screengrabs of everything just in case.

One more thing, are buses to and from the expo quick? Or is it hit and miss/luck whether you wait for one or not?
They can be quick but they can also have a bit of a wait. They are pretty constant at least. Pretty much all of them share with more than one resort too.

How strict are they on expo hours? I'm trying to get to Orlando in time on Thursday before they close, but may be cutting it close. If we arrive a few minutes to 7:00, will they turn us away? I really just want my bibs and maybe an ornament. Trying to get in as much park time as possible without having to go to the expo on Friday...

How strict are they on expo hours? I'm trying to get to Orlando in time on Thursday before they close, but may be cutting it close. If we arrive a few minutes to 7:00, will they turn us away? I really just want my bibs and maybe an ornament. Trying to get in as much park time as possible without having to go to the expo on Friday...

I worked the Expo last year and they didn't have us start working on closing up bib pick-up until 7:15 p.m. - and I still was able to walk over to the main part of the Expo to look around and get a drink.

I think if you're on your way into WWoS by 7, you'll be fine. They certainly don't kick people out because the goal is to get people to buy stuff.

I worked the Expo last year and they didn't have us start working on closing up bib pick-up until 7:15 p.m. - and I still was able to walk over to the main part of the Expo to look around and get a drink.

I think if you're on your way into WWoS by 7, you'll be fine. They certainly don't kick people out because the goal is to get people to buy stuff.

Perfect, thank you so much!

Good morning all - I have an extra after-party ticket I'm willing to sell. PM if you're interested.

Thanks.

I'm 100 miles west of WDW and a cold front is coming through tomorrow, dropping lows into the high-50s and highs into the 70s for a few days. Then it goes back up into the 80s/60s for next weekend. BUT, unlike the last 6 months, the high temps are only lasting a couple hours now, not all freaking day. Much more comfortable than it's been for a long while!

Also I have no desire to stick around and browse if the place is slammed. I had a bad experience on a DVC member cruise this summer where a lady ripped a shirt out of my hand and then undressed and put said shirt on. I like merch, but not that much. That’s why I preordered stuff.

Good gravy that's just insane. I hate that I haven't been able to do a members only cruise lately but after every one I usually read 2 or 3 crazy reviews about how crazy ppl get. Just funny to me.

Good gravy that's just insane. I hate that I haven't been able to do a members only cruise lately but after every one I usually read 2 or 3 crazy reviews about how crazy ppl get. Just funny to me.
Yeah it was gross. I have never seen anyone strip down to a bra to claim merch like that. It turned me off from shopping and saved me a ton of money.

You can avoid shopping, if you really want to, as the building where you pickup bibs, t-shirt, and pre-ordered pins, is separate from the main expo. They are across from each other. If you are doing a challenge, you'll have to stop by the photographer. They usually take a picture of you holding your bib so they know you are you when you retrieve your challenge medal. It's all in the same building where you get your bibs. They have an efficient process to do all of that. If you have more than one person in your group picking up bibs, the lines are assorted by race, 5k, 10k, half, and by bib number. It will make sense when you get there. Each thing is it's own line. Bib first, then photo (if you are doing a multi run challenge), then pre-ordered pins, then race shirt(s). I usually grab a beer after getting my bibs and walk through the expo.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter