Official Wine & Dine 2018

Ugh, the inevitable pre-race injury rearing its head! I feel you. I have a nagging ankle "thing" going on and it wouldn't be the start of race season without me needing to find a new go-to shoe ASAP, so yeah - I get it. My suggestion is to take it easy until then, see how you feel come race day, and if it feels decent, go ahead and start. Worst case, you decide not to push it and hop a ride on the Party Bus, right? Best case, it decides to cooperate that day and you finish comfortably. Wishing you the best!

I had an inside ankle thing that was coming and going for a few weeks. Last week i woke up to a zero visibility foggy morning and decided to call my doctor. He wasn’t available but his associate was who turned out to be a runner too. He said it was an inflamed tendon and had me change out insoles and gave ma a gel to put on my ankle as needed.
He also recommended watching my gait to see if I was doing anything different. (I was...I was lengthening my stride toward the end.) 7 mile long run and a couple 3 miles maintenance and zero pain! It never dawned on me about insoles.

I had an inside ankle thing that was coming and going for a few weeks. Last week i woke up to a zero visibility foggy morning and decided to call my doctor. He wasn’t available but his associate was who turned out to be a runner too. He said it was an inflamed tendon and had me change out insoles and gave ma a gel to put on my ankle as needed.
He also recommended watching my gait to see if I was doing anything different. (I was...I was lengthening my stride toward the end.) 7 mile long run and a couple 3 miles maintenance and zero pain! It never dawned on me about insoles.
Hooray for relatively easy fixes! I had a strong suspicion mine was related to being put into a stronger stability shoe than I'd been running in so I found a new-to-me LRS and had a fitting with them... turns out, I shouldn't be in stability shoes at all! The mild ones I'd been in felt awkward, but weren't really doing any damage, but the stronger ones were making my foot/ankle twist upon landing (I land forefoot), which was pulling my Achilles where it inserts in the heel. First run in a neutral shoe and BAM - no more pain! It's still a little inflamed, but tape, a higher heeled shoe, and icing is helping.

Thought I’d see if anyone is interested in doing a character text group for the half. We did this for marathon weekend and it worked pretty well. How it works - I’ll be running out of corral A and I’ll text out the characters on the course as I come to them. Allows people starting further back and worried about their time to know who is on the course and plan ahead for character stops. The timing is a little tighter for a half since we don’t get spread out as much, but can still useful if you want to know what’s coming up. If you’re interested, pm me your phone number and type of phone you have and I’ll set up a text group. As an added bonus, you’ll get to find out which characters I don’t know and enjoy seeing how talk to text interprets the ones I do. :)

HI I'm interested but haven't figured out how to PM from these boards. We are in corral E and this is our first 1/2 marathon so a little worried about how many pictures we will be able to do.

I skipped my Tuesday run because my left ankle was bothering me. Tonight is my last chance to run before we fly out on Sunday. I'm running the 10, my wife is running the half and the two of us and our 10 year old son are all running in the 5. (He turns 11 the next day).
On a related note, since only my wife got a ticket to the party, we are looking to sell it since she doesn't want to go alone and we don't want to have to buy 2 more.

Also, will there be buses to the finish areas that run a little later? We want to meet at the end of the race, but want to be able to sleep in a little too and not head out the same time she does. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of transportation information on the websites. We'll be staying at CBR on the race days (WL before that).

I skipped my Tuesday run because my left ankle was bothering me. Tonight is my last chance to run before we fly out on Sunday. I'm running the 10, my wife is running the half and the two of us and our 10 year old son are all running in the 5. (He turns 11 the next day).
On a related note, since only my wife got a ticket to the party, we are looking to sell it since she doesn't want to go alone and we don't want to have to buy 2 more.

Also, will there be buses to the finish areas that run a little later? We want to meet at the end of the race, but want to be able to sleep in a little too and not head out the same time she does. Doesn't seem like there's a lot of transportation information on the websites. We'll be staying at CBR on the race days (WL before that).

If it’s like last year, there will be buses that run from resorts to finish and vice versa from 6:00 until 9:30 for the 10k and 6:00 to 11:30 for the half. Subject to change of course.

Also, will there be buses to the finish areas that run a little later?

Yeah, they run spectator buses for quite some time. The 2017 marathon was in freezing weather, and my family was able to stay warm at the hotel and monitor my progress via the runner tracking. They were able to hop a bus to the finish line hours after the start.

If it’s like last year, there will be buses that run from resorts to finish and vice versa from 6:00 until 9:30 for the 10k and 6:00 to 11:30 for the half. Subject to change of course.

Yeah, they run spectator buses for quite some time. The 2017 marathon was in freezing weather, and my family was able to stay warm at the hotel and monitor my progress via the runner tracking. They were able to hop a bus to the finish line hours after the start.

Thanks! This is our first Disney World race. We've run two Disneyland races, but we stayed within walking distance, so we just strolled over to the finish area for those.

OK, kind of a dumb question.
When I run, I compete with my previous times. All the time. Its an illness. So I was not planning on stopping for any photos along the route.
My son is a huge Oswald fan and I am under strict orders that I have to stop if he is one of the character stops.
I will be in corral A, so what are the lines usually like for the character stops near the front and how quick can you get through in the best case that nobody is waiting?
Do they just snap a quick picture and merge it with your account via your bib later? Do I need my magic band?

Do they just snap a quick picture and merge it with your account via your bib later? Do I need my magic band?
Link your Bib # to MDE and that’s how you get on course photos

On an unrelated I’m really hoping I’m in a physical and mental mindset for the race as I was hit with some family stuff causing me to blow today and Saturday ‘s runs off and IF I make it home for Tuesday I don’t know if I’ll be able to push a run after a 10+ hour work shift where I’m on my feet all day .... I really wish Disney did deferrals not that it would matter cause 10ks are long sold out (except possibly Star Wars which doesn’t peak the others in my families interest)

When I run, I compete with my previous times. All the time. Its an illness. So I was not planning on stopping for any photos along the route.
My son is a huge Oswald fan and I am under strict orders that I have to stop if he is one of the character stops.
I will be in corral A, so what are the lines usually like for the character stops near the front and how quick can you get through in the best case that nobody is waiting?

You won’t have much of wait for characters from A. Little to none if you keep a good pace.

Oswald was out for the half last year.

Has anyone received their $15 gift card email yet?

Last year I blew threw it as spam and ended up having a finger wagged at me as I was issued a gift card at guest services.

Last year I blew threw it as spam and ended up having a finger wagged at me as I was issued a gift card at guest services.
I haven’t seen it. I keep getting Disney emails about my upcoming vacation.

Just read the thing again. They will be sent out via email on Oct. 29th.

Who will be the first to combine the $15 gift card with the $50 off registration to sign up for Dopey and tell @rteetz about it? :laughing:
Well runDisney does not allow multiple payment types so someone would have to pay the entire amount with a gift card. So yeah...

I'm also in corral A and have run some prior Disney races from there. Corral A is only a few hundred people in total and most of those people are not stopping. You will have little to no line at all. I actually timed a photo with Goofy during the 2017 full marathon, where I literally ran up to him just as the prior person was leaving, there was no line, they snapped the pic and I continued running. I think the whole thing took 8-10 seconds. The picture was linked to my band because we had photopass that year. If you don't have photopass they will send you a link where you can view all the proofs and purchase race photos directly from them via your bib number. There will be photographers throughout the entire course in addition to the character stops. And I have the same illness, I keep a spreadsheet of all my race distances, times, pace, age group placing and overall placing. It's fun to see the ups and downs over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter