Official Wine & Dine 2018

I'm freaking out because I registered my husband so I must have made this mistake...he usually finishes a half between 1:58 and 2:03. He's in Corral E, and he's going to have to weave around a lot of people...We had an issue with registration and I think when they straightened it out his proof of time went out the window :scared:

I'm freaking out because I registered my husband so I must have made this mistake...he usually finishes a half between 1:58 and 2:03. He's in Corral E, and he's going to have to weave around a lot of people...We had an issue with registration and I think when they straightened it out his proof of time went out the window :scared:

Email disneysports@trackshack.com to give them an heads up and then make sure you take a printed Proof of Time with you to the Expo and stop by Runner Relations. They'll help him out. Quite a few people have late corral numbers, but Track Shack has told them they will be in the correct corral come bib pick-up time. Probably just something to expect when trying to merge to registration systems into one.

Email disneysports@trackshack.com to give them an heads up and then make sure you take a printed Proof of Time with you to the Expo and stop by Runner Relations. They'll help him out. Quite a few people have late corral numbers, but Track Shack has told them they will be in the correct corral come bib pick-up time. Probably just something to expect when trying to merge to registration systems into one.

Thank you so much for this advice! I'm feeling much better now. It won't be the end of the world, but I hate to have him start the race frustrated...

Thank you so much for this advice! I'm feeling much better now. It won't be the end of the world, but I hate to have him start the race frustrated...

Don't stress -- Track Shack has been really great about responding to emails quickly. They'll either give you good news right away or you'll have to take a few minutes to go by Runner Relations. Either way, they do their best to make sure that every race is safe and fun for all runners.

According to the course map we are still running through the Skyliner construction

I am more concerned about the Skyliner construction in front of HS - that is an even bigger mess!

Also - won't be using my party ticket - PM me if interested in

I am more concerned about the Skyliner construction in front of HS - that is an even bigger mess!

Also - won't be using my party ticket - PM me if interested in

I ran through there earlier this month and it was tight with just me and a few random families. They did have a few mirrors for the tight corners but the middle of the pack will be a bottleneck. I imagine there will be pretty much a standstill to get into that area.

Thought I’d see if anyone is interested in doing a character text group for the half. We did this for marathon weekend and it worked pretty well. How it works - I’ll be running out of corral A and I’ll text out the characters on the course as I come to them. Allows people starting further back and worried about their time to know who is on the course and plan ahead for character stops. The timing is a little tighter for a half since we don’t get spread out as much, but can still useful if you want to know what’s coming up. If you’re interested, pm me your phone number and type of phone you have and I’ll set up a text group. As an added bonus, you’ll get to find out which characters I don’t know and enjoy seeing how talk to text interprets the ones I do. :)

I'll join too and PM you my number! I am in corral A as well, do we text for the 10k too or just the half?

If someone does plan to do the 10k I’m only doing that and would be interested in following

Nope probably not until next week

I can add you to the half group if you like and then you can just drop out of the group or maybe mute so you don’t get texts at 5:30 in the morning on Sunday. :)

According to the course map we are still running through the Skyliner construction. I am a bit surprised since that looks like this currently.

View attachment 360445

I was just there from Oct 7-11 not only do you have to run through that area, the terrain is all over the place. Everyone be careful running through that area, you could easily roll an ankle running through there.

I suspect that's why they didn't have the 10K run through that area.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter