Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Yup, I can’t see that amount of $$ for a couple medals when I could spend half as much on NYC and get guaranteed future entry to go with the bling.

I read it as this is the refund you get on a gift card if you elect to run the virtual event.
I read it the same way, and since Wine and Dine is already more than the other races (because of the party and $15 e-gift card that aren’t free as they would have us believe) that is one expensive virtual.

Is this in addition to my refund? Or if i let them keep my money and i got virtual? i couldn't tell am i missing it?
No, total refund for the race portion if you go virtual. Look at the email; the underlined headings are the main topics with the just bold headings as subsections (a little indention would not have hurt). In addition to the $90 for the HM you would also receive a refund for merchandise. I'm not sure if registration processing fees are included in the amount or not.

I was holding out hope. This was going to be my first WDW race (though did a DL one way back in 2007) and celebrating a milestone birthday :(. I'd be coming from California so don't even see how I could justify the trip now with everything going on. Boo hoo...

Depending on the pandemic situation in Orlando in November, I'm sure that a bunch of us disers will do our own group run, perhaps laps around Crescent Lake starting and stopping at Yacht/Beach Club.

There is no way I would choose the runDisney virtual option and pay that much for a shirt and a medal, but many others will feel very differently. Of course, runDisney may offer a partial refund for virtual folks and make the decision more difficult.

I'm not cancelling my room at this point. I'm going to ride it out until September like a previous poster said.

Since they still lost the challenge as an anniversary do those people lose perfect status if they don’t do the virtual?

There are a few of us which are wondering the same thing...no response or additional info from runDisney yet.

Oh, so disappointing :sad1: And why are the medals/shirts so expensive?? I thought I read somewhere that the Star Wars one was only $60??

So bummed, but not unexpected. I’ll be goi h the refund route. I’m not thrilled with medals and I don’t really feel like training for a half anymore. Will probably cancel the whole trip but not sure at this point.

Depending on the pandemic situation in Orlando in November, I'm sure that a bunch of us disers will do our own group run, perhaps laps around Crescent Lake starting and stopping at Yacht/Beach Club.

Remember if running on disney property and assuming rules don't change between now and then you'd have to wear a mask. Just something to keep in mind.

Oh, so disappointing :sad1: And why are the medals/shirts so expensive?? I thought I read somewhere that the Star Wars one was only $60??
The Star Wars half virtual is normally like $80ish I think? You don’t get a shirt there just a medal. Summer virtual series is $150ish? 4 medals and usually something extra. No shirts again tho.

They are offering a refund on kid races, but under the virtual option no gift card. So who thinks there is a virtual option for the kids? I could totally convince one kiddo to run around the neighborhood for a new plastic medallion!

They are offering a refund on kid races, but under the virtual option no gift card. So who thinks there is a virtual option for the kids? I could totally convince one kiddo to run around the neighborhood for a new plastic medallion!
Probably not then. Or if they are obviously no gift card since it’s only $20-$30.

This stinks...as I REALLY want those medals, I think that is too much to pay for no real race and NO AFTER PARTY!!! That is the worst part to me!!

The Star Wars half virtual is normally like $80ish I think? You don’t get a shirt there just a medal. Summer virtual series is $150ish? 4 medals and usually something extra. No shirts again tho.

The Star Wars Virtual Half was $59. No shirt, as you say, but an extra $59 is awfully steep for adding a relatively low quality RunDisney tech shirt to the mix!

It was right at $69 to go from challenge to kessel run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter