• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Anyone else a bit disappointed in the medals with the lack of tie to Wine & Dine? Love the villain theme but feel like they didn't really tie it to Wine & Dine at all...been trying to justify the virtual but just don't think it's worth it : (

Anyone else a bit disappointed in the medals with the lack of tie to Wine & Dine? Love the villain theme but feel like they didn't really tie it to Wine & Dine at all...been trying to justify the virtual but just don't think it's worth it : (
5K- Kronk cooks + Yzma's Poisons
10K-Ursula's Potions
Half-Poison Apple
Challenge- I mean Halloween and Christmas have popular seasonal food times but other then that ....
Kids--also can't find a connection with Hook

I still think 2018 was the best year where they branched out character wise but still kept to the food theme with Chef Tony/Lady and the Tramp 5K, Chef Louie/Sebastian 10K, Chef Mickey Half, Lumiere Challenge, Remy Kids

those medals are cool - sorry for all of those that wanted to run a Villains themed race and won't get to. I got lucky in that I ran the 2015 Disneyland Villains weekend and the 2018 Disneyland Paris Villains weekend...those medals are some of my favorites, so I feel for you!

5K- Kronk cooks + Yzma's Poisons
10K-Ursula's Potions
Half-Poison Apple
Challenge- I mean Halloween and Christmas have popular seasonal food times but other then that ....
Kids--also can't find a connection with Hook

I still think 2018 was the best year where they branched out character wise but still kept to the food theme with Chef Tony/Lady and the Tramp 5K, Chef Louie/Sebastian 10K, Chef Mickey Half, Lumiere Challenge, Remy Kids

@1lilspark Kid's Hook medal- The crocodile ate Hook's hand! Mmmmm, lunch! LOL

For any of you who opted out early (I asked for the gift card refund minus processing fees just last week)... I emailed RunDisney to ask if I could get the processing fees on a gift card. Here's the reply!

:cool1:

Right now my plan is to run the 10K on Halloween and the 5K either on Race Weekend or the Weekend after
Ok, so we actually wait until original timing of runs before sending in any distances that we've covered for our medals and shirts? Wasn't sure, and BF is talking about knocking out his 5k by the end of July. I thought we had to wait a little but this is my first time doing virtual anything running. (I'm doing them all BTW)

My understanding based on previous runDisney virtuals is that you do not have to submit a date or finish time of your run as it is on the honor system. runDisney will send the shirts and medals out (at a yet specified time) to everyone.

Ok, so we actually wait until original timing of runs before sending in any distances that we've covered for our medals and shirts? Wasn't sure, and BF is talking about knocking out his 5k by the end of July. I thought we had to wait a little but this is my first time doing virtual anything running. (I'm doing them all BTW)

You can run whatever you want, whenever you want. Disney doesn't care! You don't need to submit any times/distance data to Disney. This has been the case for all runDisney virtuals I've done. (Sometimes they'll offer a quickie online form you can fill out to get a printable "finisher certificate" pdf, but it's all honor system.)

You're essentially just purchasing the medals/shirts etc. The running part is totally up to you. You can make an event out of it for yourself, or not do it at all, or anywhere in between.

those medals are cool - sorry for all of those that wanted to run a Villains themed race and won't get to. I got lucky in that I ran the 2015 Disneyland Villains weekend and the 2018 Disneyland Paris Villains weekend...those medals are some of my favorites, so I feel for you!

I ran the DLP Villains races as well, but I'll run this theme again every chance I get. 😁

Well I went ahead and chose refund. Just can’t justify the price even though I love the medals.
Same for me, I think. I don’t dislike, but I’m not in love with, any of the challenge shirts or medal. Does the Oogie medal spin at least? I’m probably going to go refund.

Also, not sure if it was posted but someone on FB got a response that “at this time” they aren’t opening up outside spots to buy into the virtual. Wonder if that will change in August if the refund number is high?

Same for me, I think. I don’t dislike, but I’m not in love with, any of the challenge shirts or medal. Does the Oogie medal spin at least? I’m probably going to go refund.

Also, not sure if it was posted but someone on FB got a response that “at this time” they aren’t opening up outside spots to buy into the virtual. Wonder if that will change in August if the refund number is high?
Nobody knows for sure but it appeared that maybe both the half and challenge spun.

I'm leaning towards the refund too. I love the Ursula medal, but since I'm registered for the Challenge that's a pretty high price to pay for one medal I love. I think I'd rather put that money towards something else. Now to decide if we'll still travel in Nov or save the money for Marathon weekend. (Even if that doesn't happen we'll be going to celebrate our oldest's 21st birthday!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter