• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2020

Should be interesting, My wife had to register through a charity. Will they release her commitment?

I don't know if it was answered already, but my 5K bib is through a charity and my charity (GKTW) emailed me as soon as the rD email hit saying they would refund our registration fees (but obviously not fundraising monies) or we can continue to fundraise and run virtual.

Since they still list the challenge as an anniversary do those people lose perfect status if they don’t do the virtual?

I sent an email asking. We'll see if I get a response. That would probably make or break my decision on doing virtual. I love the medals, but it's an expensive virtual, way more than I'd normally be willing to pay for one, even a Disney virtual!

I'm not cancelling my room at this point. I'm going to ride it out until September like a previous poster said.

Me too. Originally my BFF and I said we'd still go. I might make it a little shorter trip and check things out if we feel safe doing so. We'll see. We're also still booked at Riverside so we will have to deal with that at some point.

I wonder if runDisney will correct the spelling on the 10k shirt before it goes to production?

This made me crack up and reminded me of the inaugural Two Course Challenge where they pulled all the merch with inaugural spelled incorrectly.

If the 10k that I signed up for was going to be evil queen, it would be hard for me to say no. But Ursula, I think I will take my money for SWRR 2021...

I figured this was coming, but still disappointed. I was signed up for the challenge and I'll probably go ahead with the virtual, since I'll be training for the full in January and I like the villain theme. We won't keep the trip, since we're already going in October, December and January.

I'm ok with the virtual. I understand the need due to safety concerns. I'm just sad that such an awesome theme is being used for a virtual run. I had big hopes for on course entertainment with this theme...maybe they'll make a video?

I was holding out hope. This was going to be my first WDW race (though did a DL one way back in 2007) and celebrating a milestone birthday :(. I'd be coming from California so don't even see how I could justify the trip now with everything going on. Boo hoo...
your milestone birthday is also delayed... you get one more year!!! no one ages in 2020...we have a redo

For the people choosing refunds, it would be cool if Disney reopened registration for those who would like an opportunity to do this virtually. I have only done runDisney virtuals and I'd can't meet pacing requirements or spend the money to travel to the parks but I'd gladly pay to walk the half at my own pace since the medal is so cool!

For the people choosing refunds, it would be cool if Disney reopened registration for those who would like an opportunity to do this virtually. I have only done runDisney virtuals and I'd can't meet pacing requirements or spend the money to travel to the parks but I'd gladly pay to walk the half at my own pace since the medal is so cool!

I wouldn't be surprised if they did exactly this once they have a feel for the number of people choosing each option. Disney is never one to turn down separating people from their cash, and this would be a good way to do that while using up their stock of medals and shirts.

FWIW they are letting the kids go virtual. I think the value for a plastic medallion and a tee shirt is a bit better for the $30 kids mile!

Will you still be participating in the runDisney Kids One Mile Run?
Dear X,
The 2020 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend has taken on a new twist – it's now a virtual event! As a registered runner for the original event, you have the opportunity to transfer your registration to the new Virtual version and show off your inner Disney villain -- right from your own neighborhood, home gym or wherever you choose to run.
Although the event won't take place at Walt Disney World Resort this year, there's no reason to miss out on the wickedly delicious fun! Check out the event medals; they are some of our favorite medals yet. And the themed participation shirts will be a welcomed part of your runDisney collection, only available to participants of the virtual event. If you opt to run your registered events virtually, you will also receive access to online running tools – a digital music play list featuring hand-picked Disney favorite tunes, printable themed bibs and start/finish line, perfect for social posting. Plus, you can print a personalized completion certificate, which will look great next to those medals!
As a registered participant of the 2020 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend, you may instead opt for a full refund. The choice is yours. Simply indicate your decision by clicking below. You have until August 5 to make your choice, so save this email if you're not ready to decide now.
We will miss running together through our parks. But until the next time we see you, we'll be with you in "ghoulish" spirit!
Stay safe. Be strong. Have fun. Every mile is still magical.
runDisney​

Did anyone already request a refund Less process fee and still get this email? Is the offer something different?

This is really odd for that blatant of a mistake on a product from Disney - I mean, really, you missed that? where is the quality control - where is the 2nd set of eyes.

Unfortunately, it’s not really that odd for them. Their proofreading skills are terrible. We’ve seen medals and pins with the wrong race date stamped on them and, I think, at least two instances of “inaugural” being spelled incorrectly on race merchandise (for different race weekends).

Anyone notice them taking the Star Wars dates and registration off the Run Disney site? I'm still going to run my 13.1 miles on November 3 but it won't be nearly as fast as that flat Florida course!

Anyone notice them taking the Star Wars dates and registration off the Run Disney site? I'm still going to run my 13.1 miles on November 3 but it won't be nearly as fast as that flat Florida course!

Im not sure if that was intentional or just an unintended consequence of replacing the notice on the home page with the Wine & Dine announcement. I would’ve expected them to throw a blurb in at the end of the W&D announcement if they intended to delay the registration, but who knows with them.

I noticed but we have the funds put aside for the registration either way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter