Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

Just wondering if anyone knows when we find out who will be at the Expo? I messaged one of the brands I'm looking at and they told me they would be at the Expo (so I'm very happy!), but would like to know who else might be there so I can anticipate how much damage my wallet is going to take there!

I am so tempted by this magicband!

That's reassuring to know, thanks! I don't expect to receive my ticket in the mail since I'm not in the USA so hopefully I can sort things out at the Expo. (That being said Disney has in the past oddly mailed stuff like Memory Maker tickets to me overseas, but the timelines are odd to say the least and I've managed to receive some stuff after my trips. So I'd much rather they not mail tickets to me and let me pick up there!)

There should be a list of vendors in the event guide that will be released/leaked a couple of weeks beforehand.

ETA: I don’t think the vendors change a lot from year to year, so if you look up last year’s guide, it should give you a good idea of who’s likely to be there.

Has anyone had any luck with finding resort openings this late in the game? I made reservations for AKL, but I'd rather be in the BC/YC/BW area. Should I keep checking? Do people cancel?

Has anyone had any luck with finding resort openings this late in the game? I made reservations for AKL, but I'd rather be in the BC/YC/BW area. Should I keep checking? Do people cancel?
Yeah your best bet is to keep checking. You many have to look at different dates too. Maybe 1 night somewhere else and the rest of your stay at an Epcot resort.

Yeah your best bet is to keep checking. You many have to look at different dates too. Maybe 1 night somewhere else and the rest of your stay at an Epcot resort.

Thanks @rteetz, that's a good idea about the split stay. I'll keep checking just wanted to make sure it was worth the time.

Just wondering if anyone knows when we find out who will be at the Expo? I messaged one of the brands I'm looking at and they told me they would be at the Expo (so I'm very happy!), but would like to know who else might be there so I can anticipate how much damage my wallet is going to take there!
When the digital event guide comes out about 3 weeks before they have a list of vendors usually. Sometimes it isn't published in it when it first comes out, but it seems to show up a few days before.

There should be a list of vendors in the event guide that will be released/leaked a couple of weeks beforehand.

ETA: I don’t think the vendors change a lot from year to year, so if you look up last year’s guide, it should give you a good idea of who’s likely to be there.
When the digital event guide comes out about 3 weeks before they have a list of vendors usually. Sometimes it isn't published in it when it first comes out, but it seems to show up a few days before.

Thanks! Will go try to find last year's guide to have a look and will keep my eyes out for this year's guide!

How soon before a race do they typically release the course map? Dying to see it!
Probably with the event guide.... anxious to see with all the Epcot construction going on what will happen with the 5K being moved to that park plus the 10k course (as well as expo layout) has been different every year

And fwiw when I did Star Wars in 18 the 10k course was the same as 17’s Wine and Dine but it was yet a different expo layout!

I don't expect to receive my ticket in the mail since I'm not in the USA so hopefully I can sort things out at the Expo.
I'm in Canada and had to pick up my party ticket at the Box Office. It's the first building right by the buses. Don't be like me and remember that you have to pick up the ticket until you're almost at the buses, walk back to Runner Relations for them to tell you to go back to the front to get the ticket. :(

I am anticipating family preventing the post race slow down. But I really want to make it to the post party just to see it it.

The husband and I are going and the adult child will watch the smaller ones while we go. But I know that I am always so tired for the party I'm hoping I can sneak one in. Maybe husband and I can take turns with the kids at the pool so we can nap...I purposefully did not plan a park on Sunday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter