Official Wine and Dine Half Marathon Weekend 2019

The husband and I are going and the adult child will watch the smaller ones while we go. But I know that I am always so tired for the party I'm hoping I can sneak one in. Maybe husband and I can take turns with the kids at the pool so we can nap...I purposefully did not plan a park on Sunday!
I am meeting the family post race for a MK morning, and hope to get a brief reprieve mid afternoon, and procure a party ticket for DH. I think the odds of me busing to epcot by myself when tired is not high.

I'm in Canada and had to pick up my party ticket at the Box Office. It's the first building right by the buses. Don't be like me and remember that you have to pick up the ticket until you're almost at the buses, walk back to Runner Relations for them to tell you to go back to the front to get the ticket. :(

Thanks! Will keep that in mind at the Expo this year and try to pick up the ticket early. It's my first runDisney event in the USA so no idea what to expect really (but way excited about it)!

hi everyone, newbie question but I'm looking to do this weekends races next year (2020), when do they announce the dates for it? I want to make sure I get everything booked and saved for in time.

Training program had me scheduled for 9.5 last Saturday. As we all know work, children, neighborhood happenings, and everything else we all know as "life" gets in the way now and again. So...to that end I found a local 15k run to set aside time to get out there and get it done. :thanks: How ironic was it that the host venue would be a winery which offered a glass of wine or tasting for finishers.🍷 Training for the Wine and Dine Weekend was never so much fun! Some things are just meant to be!

Training program had me scheduled for 9.5 last Saturday. As we all know work, children, neighborhood happenings, and everything else we all know as "life" gets in the way now and again. So...to that end I found a local 15k run to set aside time to get out there and get it done. :thanks: How ironic was it that the host venue would be a winery which offered a glass of wine or tasting for finishers.🍷 Training for the Wine and Dine Weekend was never so much fun! Some things are just meant to be!

I run Hershey Half most every year as my last long run for W&D. I figure if I have to put in the miles I might as well get a medal for it! (Plus, it's that whole accountability thing...) Have a wonderful time at your race!

I am most likely dressing as Rapunzel and my fiancé as Flynn for the half. Are they usually out on the course?

We are going with his and her Haunted Mansion ghost hosts, Forky and Duke caboom! Not sure which we are wearing for the 10k or half.
Love these ideas! I’ve never dressed up for the wine and dine but maybe this year I will.

How’s everyone’s training going? Due to a few races I have in September I am on a cut back week this weekend and so glad for it. My 10 miles last week was really quite brutal. But I did it and had no injury pains from it for the first time in nearly 2 years so I am grateful for that. I’m getting ready to head out now. Hope everyone’s having good runs this weekend! (And if not good, at least ones that we learn something from).

Love these ideas! I’ve never dressed up for the wine and dine but maybe this year I will.

How’s everyone’s training going? Due to a few races I have in September I am on a cut back week this weekend and so glad for it. My 10 miles last week was really quite brutal. But I did it and had no injury pains from it for the first time in nearly 2 years so I am grateful for that. I’m getting ready to head out now. Hope everyone’s having good runs this weekend! (And if not good, at least ones that we learn something from).
I just did 9 yesterday for my training (it's my first half and like only my third race overall 😂) I'm a new runner, so my thighs are feeling it today but was proud I got through it and it motivated me. I only do walk/run but I'm actually managing to stay consistent, which is new for me. I do two-4 mile runs during the week (going to move that to 5 in October) and a long run on the weekends and try to walk whenever I can for at least 2 miles. I'm up to 9 miles on my long run and going to stay there for two weeks then move to 10 miles. I'm an old geezer at nearly 40 though so I'm just trying to find the balance between enjoying running for exercise, challenging myself and not burning out.

I just did 9 yesterday for my training (it's my first half and like only my third race overall 😂) I'm a new runner, so my thighs are feeling it today but was proud I got through it and it motivated me. I only do walk/run but I'm actually managing to stay consistent, which is new for me. I do two-4 mile runs during the week (going to move that to 5 in October) and a long run on the weekends and try to walk whenever I can for at least 2 miles. I'm up to 9 miles on my long run and going to stay there for two weeks then move to 10 miles. I'm an old geezer at nearly 40 though so I'm just trying to find the balance between enjoying running for exercise, challenging myself and not burning out.

Training for me is a little frustrating. Today I’m going to go for a long run and see how it goes. I have plantar faciitis so it makes training so fun. I had a cortisone shot last week and it’s kept pain under control but it’s slowed down my ability to really dig into my program. My goal is to atleast make it to a 9 of 10 mile long run before wine and dine (which is longer than the 7 I got to before my first half)

Im an old geezer with you then at 41! Sounds like you have a nice pattern going - I like the extra walks - I used to do that and have fallen out of the habit. I should add that back in.
Training for me is a little frustrating. Today I’m going to go for a long run and see how it goes. I have plantar faciitis so it makes training so fun. I had a cortisone shot last week and it’s kept pain under control but it’s slowed down my ability to really dig into my program. My goal is to atleast make it to a 9 of 10 mile long run before wine and dine (which is longer than the 7 I got to before my first half)
I feel your pain. PF plagued me for the last 2 years and my last wine and dine (2017) was the last half I attempted because of it. Take it easy and don’t push it just because you signed up for the race. I did and it was miserable every step. As a result I skipped the Princess 2018 that I had been signed up for and did the 5k instead. It’s been a long road back but I’m getting there! These long runs I’ve been doing for training are the longest I’ve run since 2017 but so far so good. Good luck and take care of yourself.

I'm an old geezer at nearly 40 though so I'm just trying to find the balance between enjoying running for exercise, challenging myself and not burning out.
Woah wait, I'm almost 40 so no you are no old geezer!!! I mean I feel like one some days as I have a constant piriformis/glute injury. But, I'm actually with you on trying to find balance of enjoyment and challenge as I have burnt myself out. I had to let all notions of times go and just go back to enjoying running and even walking when I need to.

Woah wait, I'm almost 40 so no you are no old geezer!!! I mean I feel like one some days as I have a constant piriformis/glute injury. But, I'm actually with you on trying to find balance of enjoyment and challenge as I have burnt myself out. I had to let all notions of times go and just go back to enjoying running and even walking when I need to.
:rotfl2:I read an article about running that said if you are picking up running "later in life" at 35+...... so I just assume if we are 35+ we are old geezers... at least according to any physical activity!
It is amazing what a difference cool air makes though. I have been training in the southeast humid summer and we had a mildly cool morning and I shaved almost 2 minutes off my regular short run pace :oops:

:rotfl2:I read an article about running that said if you are picking up running "later in life" at 35+...... so I just assume if we are 35+ we are old geezers... at least according to any physical activity!
Meh, I felt old at 24, grad school will do that to you! I feel much younger now, perhaps it is the running?

You kids kill me! I'll be 50 in two months, so 40 isn't close to old! And I'm going to celebrate turning 50 by running the Richmond Marathon again this year for the 7th time. I always think of this quote when I think about my age:

"You don't stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.”

― Christopher McDougall,

You kids kill me! I'll be 50 in two months, so 40 isn't close to old! And I'm going to celebrate turning 50 by running the Richmond Marathon again this year for the 7th time. I always think of this quote when I think about my age:

"You don't stop running because you get old, you get old because you stop running.”

― Christopher McDougall,
I love this and totally agree!
I only STARTED running at 42, and this year I celebrated turning 50 by "running" a 50 miler and I am considering it again since I'll still be 50 next spring when it comes around again . You are only as old as you think you are. I did see some fall off in my pace these last few years but I'm still way faster than my fellow half-centenarians who don't run.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!