Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

So we can celebrate everyone's favorite NFL team from Louisiana ... I'm super stoked to announce that at the HHHH meet-up there will be ...

(drumroll)

KING CAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come and have a free drink, have some King Cake (don't eat the baby) and let's hang out!

The level of excitement for this has a lot to do based upon on where you are getting the king cake from....

For those asking what a king cake is, its amazing and it often ruins many a folks new year resolutions or make you restart them after Mardi Gras.

Nothing like a little competition to get me drinking.

Signed,
The girl in college who used to challenge anyone who bothered to talk to me that I could "drink you under the table". Shockingly, I usually could...but my liver is much older now. :(

To add to the liver issue, the day after of drinking is much different these days as well. No longer can I party hard back to back days lol. I think ole Hank Williams Jr. said it best "And the hangovers hurt more than they used to do". Truer words have never been spoken.

Deciding between Dong Phoung or Haydel’s ...

Never had the one from Dong Phoung, but their king cakes has picked up a lot of hype over the last few years. Both great choices IMO, but I think Manny Randazzo is another solid option worth considering. I'll add that I wont be making HH so my opinion should mean little in this situation. I wish I could bring my big jambalaya pot and cook up some good stuff one of those days. The stuff in Disney and well NOLA are not legit. The town I currently reside in is the jambalaya capitol of the world. They have pots that measure multiple feet in diameter and depth. Even in such a large volume, its awesome!

Never had the one from Dong Phoung, but their king cakes has picked up a lot of hype over the last few years. Both great choices IMO, but I think Manny Randazzo is another solid option worth considering. I'll add that I wont be making HH so my opinion should mean little in this situation. I wish I could bring my big jambalaya pot and cook up some good stuff one of those days. The stuff in Disney and well NOLA are not legit. The town I currently reside in is the jambalaya capitol of the world. They have pots that measure multiple feet in diameter and depth. Even in such a large volume, its awesome!

Oooooh. I didn’t even think about Manny Randazzo! I was leaning towards Haydel’s just because I go in their quite often for my GOAT cookies ...

As for jamabalaya - totally agree. The best I’ve had has been at Dookie Chase and it was just fine.

I can't remember if I RSVP'd for HH on Friday (holiday brain...) but my husband and I will be there!

I have actually never been to HH, but if I'm looking at the map correctly, can we just exit Epcot between France and GB and walk over? Can we get back into Epcot the same way?

Thanks!

I can't remember if I RSVP'd for HH on Friday (holiday brain...) but my husband and I will be there!

I have actually never been to HH, but if I'm looking at the map correctly, can we just exit Epcot between France and GB and walk over? Can we get back into Epcot the same way?

Thanks!
Yep just exit through international gateway and you can come back in that way.

Hey @FFigawi, I have a few more Busch Lattes in the fridge and am seconds away from ordering some greasy pizza. You're welcome to come hang out anytime. Drinks are on me.

I know there is a lot of DATW training going on...but am I the only one looking at menus and organizing my plan of attack? Do any of who have completed this challenge before have any tips? @Keels Since I will be traveling solo, sharing may be a challenge... I thought maybe I could bring a small plastic cup for splitting tasty beverages?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter