Official Upcoming RunDisney DISMeets Thread

Keels

The Official Keels of RunDisney
To make it easier to find, I'm going to start this thread as kind of a catch-all for pre-race and post-race meets (at RunDisney races and non-RunDisney races!).

Click each race weekend link below to see the meet-ups currently planned, "RSVP" to these events and see any photos posted after the meet-up!

2017 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

2017 Disneyland Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

2017 Non-Disney Races: Milwaukee Marathon Weekend

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend | 2018 Castaway Cay Challenge 5K

2018 WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend

2018 WDW Star Wars Dark Side Weekend

2018 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend

2018 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

2018 Non-Disney Races

2019 WDW Marathon Weekend

2019 WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend

2019 WDW Star Wars Half Marathon Weekend

2019 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

2020 WDW Marathon Weekend

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Planning a Meet-Up?

I know many meets are already in the works, but if you're planning or hosting a meet-up at an upcoming race weekend, just read this post real quick to submit your meet-up information and I'll add it to the overall calendar!

Last edited:
Planning A Meet-Up?

Let's make sure to get the information out to everyone about your meet-up!

Fill out the information below and tag me ( @Keels ), and I'll add it to the calendar for your race weekend!

Meet-Up Date:
Meet-Up Time:
Meet-Up Location:
Meet-Up Host:
More Info:
Attendees:

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Attending a Meet-Up? "RSVP" By quoting the race weekend post and saying which Meet-Up you'll be attending and I'll add you to the list.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

After the Meet-Up - don't forget to post photos from the Meet-Up (especially if you take a group picture) to this thread and I'll add them to the meet-up listing for everyone to be able to find!

Last edited:
Event-Icons-Wine-and-Dine_200x200.png

2017 WDW Wine & Dine Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Pre-Party Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Nov. 5
Meet-Up Time: 7 - 8 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @Keels & Friends
More Info: Let's get together for a quick cocktail before the post-party at Epcot. As always, first drink is on your host ... there will also be official DISer "Drinking Around the World" lanyards for all attendees!
Attendees: @jeanigor +1, @flav, @mrsg00fy, @Tall Todd

Last edited:
AvengersIcon-01.png

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
TBD

Last edited:

2017 Non-Disney Races

Milwaukee Marathon Weekend DIS Meet

Meet-Up Date: October 15th, 2017
Meet-Up Time: TBD
Meet-Up Location: TBD
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger
More Info: Milwaukee Marathon (1 mile, 5k, 10k, HM or M) DIS Meet Race - Oct 14th and 15th 2017

Attendees:
Signed up

@roxymama - 10k
@DopeyBadger - 10k
@opusone - Half Marathon
@rteetz - 10k
@pixarmom - Half Marathon
@*DisneyDreamer - Half Marathon
DopeyBadgerMom - 10k

Undecided, but has shown interest
@Mimsy Borogove
@WIFriendofFigment - possible dependent on Lakefront
@DisSconnie
@roxyhubby - babysitter dependent
@mateojr 1-mile or 5K, depending on schedules
@rteetz

MEET-UP PICTURES ARE HERE!

Last edited:
Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
** FULL INFORMATION INCLUDING MAPS HERE!!!**

Meet-Up Date:
Thursday, Jan. 4
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 4-5 am and POST - until 7am (FYI the buses do not start running back to the hotels until ~7am)
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @Pluto0809, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining, @Baloo in MI +1, @ReindeerMom, @CherieFran, @bellrae, @courtneybeth, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @ChipNDale86, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:30-4:30 am and POST - until 7am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Near ports-potties outside gear check (orange circle on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
More Info: Come meet some friendly faces to help calm pre-race nerves and post-race swap stories of success!
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy +1, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Simba's Girl +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @missjackiemcg, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @DVCFan1994, @Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining +1, @Baloo in MI, @CherieFran, @bellrae, @courtneybeth, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @ChipNDale86, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Half Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Saturday, Jan. 6
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 8:30am
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below)
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279, @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @NurseRunner, @canglim52, @Dopey Devon, @rootbeerkid, @Baloo in MI, @CherieFran, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @ChipNDale86, @AbbyJaws2003, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Race Retreat Attendees:

Marathon
Meet-Up Date:
Sunday, Jan. 7
Meet-Up Time: PRE - 3:00-4:15 am and POST - until 12pm; POST-POST - until they kick us out of the parking lot
Meet-Up Location: PRE - Past gear check into the "L" of ports-potties (orange X on picture below) and POST - At last set of bleachers nearest to exit (yellow X on picture below); POST-POST - table outside the parking lot beer truck
Meet-Up Host: @DopeyBadger; POST-POST Meet-Up: @Keels & @FFigawi
Attendees: @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @rteetz, @mrsg00fy, @MissLiss279 , @drummerwife +1, @Anisum, @BikeFan, @Dr Q, @Dis5150, @Sailormoon2, @JClimacus, @sourire, @Mimsy Borogove, @baxter24, @michigandergirl, @canglim52, @DVCFan1994,@Dopey Devon, @Dopeyintraining +2, @KSellers88, @Baloo in MI, @Nole95 +1, @gjramsey, @kywyldcat03, @kski907, @ChipNDale86, @cburnett11, @SunDial, @bryana, @SheHulk, @marn913, @Mickey Momma

Race Retreat Attendees:

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 2 p.m.
Meet-Up Location: Hurricane Hannah's at the Beach Club (Stormalong Bay pool bar)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @courtneybeth +1, @FelisLachesis +1, @Anisum +1, @DopeyBadger, @MommaoffherRocker, @camaker, @BuckeyeBama (?), @mrsg00fy, @drummerwife +1, @jmasgat , @BikeFan, @Dis5150 +1, @TeeterTots +1, @PCFriar80, @sourire, @Nole95 +1, @michigandergirl +3, @Simba's Girl +1, @Barca33Runner, @rteetz, @jeanigor +1, @missjackiemcg +1, @croach, @ReindeerMom, @kywyldcat03, @Dopey Devon, @SunDial, @daisyamy, @RENThead09, @bananabean, @Mickey Momma +1, @OldSlowGoofyGuy +1, @UNCBear24, @tigger536

Official 2018 "Drinking Around the World"
Meet-Up Date:
Monday, Jan. 8
Meet-Up Time: 11:30 a.m.
Meet-Up Location: Beer Cart at Canada (Which is dumb, because EVERYONE knows you start in Mexico, but it's not my meet-up so ... #RespectYourElders)
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi
More Info: Marathon Weekend is done ... now it's time for the REAL challenge - Drinking Around the World! Personalized lanyards will be provided to track your progress ...
Attendees: @Keels, @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo, @mrsg00fy, @croach, @Princess KP, @Dis5150 +1, @garneska +1, @SunDial, @bryana, @MommaoffherRocker, @mrsg00fy +1, @jmasgat

Last edited:
2018 Castaway Cay Challenge 5K

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
TBD

Last edited:

Event-Icons-Princess_200x200.png

2018 WDW Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
TBD

Last edited:
runDisney_Icons_Website_SWHM_East200x200.png

2018 WDW Star Wars Dark Side Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
TBD

Last edited:
2018 Disneyland Paris Half Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
TBD

Last edited:
2018 Non-Disney Races

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
TBD

Last edited:

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:
TBD

Has anyone taken this one yet as a party planner? I'm running all three races and will be around if no one else has volunteered. :)

Event-Icons-WDW_200x200.png

2018 WDW Marathon Weekend

Pre-Race Meets:
TBD

Post-Race Meet-Up:

Hurricane Hannah's Half Marathon Happy Hour!
Meet-Up Date:
Friday, Jan. 5
Meet-Up Time: 7 - 8 p.m.
Meet-Up Host: @FFigawi & @Keels
More Info: Join John & Keels for some fun in the sun as we all catch-up before the long races of the weekend. Drinks are on them, so be sure to join in to run up that bar tab. If you're lucky, they *may* be wearing matching shirts again in 2018!
Attendees: @ZellyB, @Chris-Mo

+2 for the HH Happy Hour. Sad to miss the DATW. Our flight home is at 1p and we need to leave for the airport at 10 to return the car and board our plane :(

I'd love to be there but of course I am under 21...

Do what I did in college, and laugh as everyone gets more and more drunk. Also take blackmail pictures, they'll come in handy later :D

Anyway, pencil me in for the Hannah's meet, plus 1, please!

I'd love to do DATW, but we have to be at CR at 4:30pm for DME, and I don't know if I can handle a drunk girlfriend on the monorail. !Por favor manténgase alejado de la señora borracha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!