***Official Super December 2018 Thread***

I can’t believe I just now found this thread!

This will be our first Christmas Disney trip (we’re used to July in Disney)! December 21-28 at Pop!! We’ve got a 13 yo daughter and 11 yo son.

I know we want to do a Candlelight Processional dining package, but I’m intrigued by the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Dessert Party. Anyone who has been, can you give me your honest opinion on whether or not it was worth it? What types of food and drink did they have? I can only find very general information about the food and drink. We’ve never seen the show but we love Prep & Landing!

One more for the roll call. Going 12/15-12/21, BLT
Just made ADRs on Monday. Almost got everything we wanted, but will keep trying. Wanted California Grill our first night (knew that would be next to impossible) and Liberty Tree Tavern for our second day. Other than that we did good. Until something pops up for us we have

15th The Wave for dinner
16th Crystal Palace, right before MVMCP (never been to one, so that will be exciting)
17th Via Napoli
18th Sci Fi Dine In
19th The Wave for the breakfast buffet
20th California Grill (in case we can't get that first night)
21st Ohana, right before we leave

This will be our first Christmas Disney trip (we’re used to July in Disney)! December 21-28 at Pop!! We’ve got a 13 yo daughter and 11 yo son.

I know we want to do a Candlelight Processional dining package, but I’m intrigued by the Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam Dessert Party. Anyone who has been, can you give me your honest opinion on whether or not it was worth it? What types of food and drink did they have? I can only find very general information about the food and drink. We’ve never seen the show but we love Prep & Landing!

Hi. I’m going to do the dessert party this year. Did the Star Wars one last time and really was worth it for me. More so for the not having to camp out for a spot for the show than the food lol. There were small desserts, some cheeses, etc...have alcoholic options for the adults. Also saw with the jingle bell dessert party Santa Goofy does meet and greet at each table.

Also if you go on YouTube and search for the dessert party the videos give a good idea of what type of food/drink :)

ADRs done earlier this month. FPs not for a couple more months. Now I'm sitting here like "now what?!" Anyone else feel that way? Come quicker December!

YES! The only reason I don't want December to come quicker is because I'm working hard on earning free gift cards to take to Disney with me and need all that time to save $$.

Just found this thread. My husband and I will be doing our first couples only trip 12/6-12/12 at POP. I’m hoping to get him to love Disney as much as I do. It’s such a different trip when planning for 2 adults instead of the kids. I’m very excited, I think it will be great.
Our first couples trip was 3 years ago, we are doing it again 12/9-12/15 at POP my husband loves it about as much as I do!! Enjoy!

I cannot believe the hardest adrs for me to get are T-Rex and Sci-Fi!! I planned on skipping them but the kiddos were appalled by that thought. Disney in December is no joke! :rotfl2:

I cannot believe the hardest adrs for me to get are T-Rex and Sci-Fi!! I planned on skipping them but the kiddos were appalled by that thought. Disney in December is no joke! :rotfl2:
If you join the Landry's Club Select you can go to the front of the line at any Landry's location including T-Rex! I do this all the time at Rainforest Cafe...no ADR needed! It costs $25, but if you go to Landry's restaurants often enough you will get that back easily. They also give you a $25 credit for your birthday! I have enjoyed using my Landry's card all over the country and it's been fun trying new restaurants during my travels with no worries about reservations. They will immediately move you to the front of the line on the wait list!

If you join the Landry's Club Select you can go to the front of the line at any Landry's location including T-Rex! I do this all the time at Rainforest Cafe...no ADR needed! It costs $25, but if you go to Landry's restaurants often enough you will get that back easily. They also give you a $25 credit for your birthday! I have enjoyed using my Landry's card all over the country and it's been fun trying new restaurants during my travels with no worries about reservations. They will immediately move you to the front of the line on the wait list!

I'll definitely look into this! Thanks so much! :)

Making my ADR’s tomorrow for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. :santa:
I still can’t decide about lunch/dinner on Christmas Day.

Making my ADR’s tomorrow for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New Year’s Eve. :santa:
I still can’t decide about lunch/dinner on Christmas Day.

Just made mine at 5:00am this morning! For now I’ve got an early lunch at The Plaza Restaurant and dinner at Tusker House on Christmas Day.

Planning on doing a Candlelight Processional dining package on Christmas Eve, but that could be a good Christmas Day option. This is our first and probably only Christmas trip, so I’m excited to see the show!

Just made mine at 5:00am this morning! For now I’ve got an early lunch at The Plaza Restaurant and dinner at Tusker House on Christmas Day.

Planning on doing a Candlelight Processional dining package on Christmas Eve, but that could be a good Christmas Day option. This is our first and probably only Christmas trip, so I’m excited to see the show!

Nice!

We are going to do Biergarten Christmas Eve and I think LTT at either lunch or dinner on Christmas Day. My family wants turkey.

Anybody who made ADRs today or yesterday, how did it go? My day is tomorrow and I am very nervous that there won't be anything left!!

I did mine yesterday and got everything we wanted! There were no technical issues either so it took me about 10 minutes total. I will end up canceling a few of the reservations once we do fastpasses and I also need to book the Candlelight Processional dining package once they become available. Here’s a list of what I was able to get:
50s Prime Time / Homecomin (will cancel one once we know our arrival day park)
The Plaza / 1900 Park Fare (will cancel one)
Sci Fi Dine-In
Teppan Edo
Tutto Italia
The Plaza (Christmas Day lunch)
Tusker House
Be Our Guest
Beaches & Cream
Rose & Crown
Trattoria al Forno (character breakfast)

We’ll be there 12/21-12/28. No dining plan.

"Anybody who made ADRs today or yesterday, how did it go? My day is tomorrow and I am very nervous that there won't be anything left!!" flipflopmom

I had my ADRs this morning. First one went well. Then the website was glitchy. No matter what I did (new cr. card, sign in & out, new tab/browser) I kept getting an error message after the last screen and it wouldn't let me complete the bookings. I definitely panicked, prayed, and persisted. In the end the glitch went away as mysteriously as it arrived & I was able to get about 90% of my wishlist. Good luck & pixie dust to those whose ADR days are coming up.

I had my ADRs this morning. First one went well. Then the website was glitchy. No matter what I did (new cr. card, sign in & out, new tab/browser) I kept getting an error message after the last screen and it wouldn't let me complete the bookings. I definitely panicked, prayed, and persisted. In the end the glitch went away as mysteriously as it arrived & I was able to get about 90% of my wishlist. Good luck & pixie dust to those whose ADR days are coming up.
I had the same problems this morning.....so time consuming!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter