• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the day I went, at 8am there were a dozen people in line. At 9:30 it had grown to 30. The schedule the CM let me look at said he was to come out at 10am.

I know on the "official" schedules it may have been 10, but on the 2 days we were there early, Vader was out between 8 and 8:15 (if memory serves me right) - it was definitely way before 10. There was certainly a lengthy line regardless of the times we wandered by. I'm sure it is like many things, where there is an "official" time and "you might get lucky" time.

Sort of like in Darth's Maul - we knew from Kenny the Pirate that C3PO and R2D2 were supposed to meet at say 4:30. We got in line about 4:00 when Leia was meeting and saw her. We got back in line to get the droids, but when we asked the CM about the droids, she said that R2D2 would be coming out soon, but there were no guarantees about 3PO. It ended up that Luke replaced Leia, then the droids joined him, so we ended up with all 3 together. It was just sort of a luck of the draw kind of thing. Sorry for going :offtopic:.

That's why I love the SWW thread and the first-weekenders who get it all mapped out for the rest of us! :worship:

We are in! My family and I will be there the 2nd weekend! We all love SWW and are excited that we get to go back! :banana:

I've been posting on the old tip thread. Didn't realize a new thread for SWW 2013 had already started. I'm behind!

I strongly agree with this. I might be getting a WDW AP to go every weekend, and that might also be your best bet.

We didn't make it last year every weekend, but we are trying this year. Arranging vacation time around SWW if we can.

AP is a great way to go. Gives you lots of flexibility in case of inclement weather for Hoopla like that one day it was cancelled last year, and don't have to try to get everything done in one day.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they could add a special show for SWW and have Star Wars in 30 minutes or 60 minutes there?! That was one of our highlights from Celebration VI

I've been posting on the old tip thread. Didn't realize a new thread for SWW 2013 had already started. I'm behind!

We didn't make it last year every weekend, but we are trying this year. Arranging vacation time around SWW if we can.

AP is a great way to go. Gives you lots of flexibility in case of inclement weather for Hoopla like that one day it was cancelled last year, and don't have to try to get everything done in one day.

Wouldn't it be awesome if they could add a special show for SWW and have Star Wars in 30 minutes or 60 minutes there?! That was one of our highlights from Celebration VI

Why Disney hasn't done that yet is beyond me :confused3

This will be our first SWW. My extended family (6 of us) :grouphug: will be staying at AKV from June 2-8. I will have my 10 year old grandson with me who is a fan. I will have to start doing my research and follow this thread for more tips.

We are hoping to stay at AKV May 31-June 8. We have to wait for the 7 month window. :worried: We are going to be party of six as well taking our two kids, our nephew, and our "other" daughter. (DD BFF)

We went to SWW last year and loved it. We didn't stand in line to meet the characters as much as we wanted, but it was still really cool. We got our picture with both Rex and Cody. That was really cool.
We loved the Darth Mall. DS spent a lot of money there in our first couple of days. I was thinking that he needed to pace himself for the rest of the week, but he didn't really spend anything the rest of the week. :confused3
We had nametags made in the mall with our names printed in "Star Wars" letters. I don't know what the Star Wars language is called. You can pick which planet you are from. I was from Coursant, DH Alderan, DD Endor, and DS Tattooine. I guess we'll have to purchase a couple of extras next year. ;)
Don't be afraid to really get into it. We saw people dressed up last year in costume. No face coverings. Saw several people dressed in jedi robes mostly. Four young adult women all had jedi gear on and the photopass photographers were having a blast with them.
DS and DH both made lightsabers but DS prefers to carry his smaller older one since it will fold up completely in the hilt.
SWW is the only reason that we are going back in June. I really hope that they don't change the time of year. With kids in Jr High and High School, we can't take them out of school anymore for vacations. They just miss too much vital information.
We can't wait. Only 269 days to go!

You and I will be up bright and early at the 7 month window opening :surfweb:
I am hopefull for May 31 through June 9 in a one bedroom at BCV but if not any one bedroom will do !!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtjxfmmTt2I

so is this the hooplah show everyone talks about..cause i didnt hear anyone mention a dance off in the reports from last year but mentioned the hooplah show alot???

thanks

Yes, the Hoopla is a dance off. The last two years, it's really evolved. 2012's Hoopla was a continuation of 2011's. It's become more elaborate and entertaining.

Years ago, it took place on the little stage by Star Tours. It was fun cramming everyone in there. It's so much better now on the big stage and weather permitted, it's broadcasted on the Idol marquis. We watched it on the marquis the last 2 years.

My "boys" are already planning out their costumes. I got a couple Her Universe shirts, a Darth Vader and a Mara Jade. So maybe this year I'll blend in better with my family for pictures.

I truly hope you are right! :thumbsup2 Before I read this post I was thinking of these same dates (after seeing past years dates) and I have already booked a room at the Swan (May 17th through 27th) so me and my boyfriend can take the boats over to DS for SWW. I am hoping by picking these dates pixiedust: that we will catch 2 of the 4 weekends by booking this way.

While we're probably 9 months away from Star Wars Weekends 2013, I thought we should share our tips and tricks from previous years! Here are the assumed SWW2013 dates:

May 17-19
May 24-26
May 31-June 2
June 7-9

We are so in! This will be our 3rd year. Not sure of dates yet...thinking Memorial Day Weekend. (That's what we did our first trip.) Lovelovelove Star Wars Weekends! So glad there is a new thread already so I can start the fun and excitement early!

May the force be with you all!

I'm in. After being in WDW last Memorial Day but not having time for any of the SWW fun, I've decided that this year I'm taking DS14, leaving my daughters home with DH, and going just for the event. It'll probably be Memorial Day weekend again, to minimize missed school and because I do so love having an excuse to be at Disney for my birthday, and right now I'm leaning towards staying at the Dolphin.

thinking of going May25-June2, can anyone tell me how crowded MK.Epcot and AK will be during that week?This will be our boys(7 &10) first trip.The last time dh and I were at DW was 15 years ago for a honeymoon weekend:)Any tips and words of wisdom would be great:thumbsup2 Also ds will be turning 11 on June 1st anything extra special I can do? Just a side note, I watched a youtube video on the Jedi training and when Darth Vader asks the kids to join the dark side dh and I started to laugh because we know ds7 will say "I'll Go":lmao: He says the bad guys are more fun!!!!!!

I might just wear the helmet to SWW. I'm already getting worked up on what I'm gonna wear :lmao:

:thumbsup2

thinking of going May25-June2, can anyone tell me how crowded MK.Epcot and AK will be during that week?This will be our boys(7 &10) first trip.The last time dh and I were at DW was 15 years ago for a honeymoon weekend:)Any tips and words of wisdom would be great:thumbsup2 Also ds will be turning 11 on June 1st anything extra special I can do? Just a side note, I watched a youtube video on the Jedi training and when Darth Vader asks the kids to join the dark side dh and I started to laugh because we know ds7 will say "I'll Go":lmao: He says the bad guys are more fun!!!!!!

Memorial weekend last year seemed busier to me than in the past. I think that the Fantasyland expansion will entice more people.

If you have any hopes of signing up the boys for Jedi Training and/or Padawan Mind Challenge AND doing the mad dash for a TSM FP you will have to think out your strategy over SWW. Someone could go get the TSM FPs, but if both boys are participating in Jedi Training, they both have to be present for sign ups with an adult.

My son didn't do Jedi Training last year, but did the previous year. We got in line at 9:05am and when it was his turn the time slots were already at mid-afternoon.

ETA: during SWW the Jedi Training can be fighting Darth Maul, Darth Vader or Ventress. Your child may either be on the stage or down at street level as two go on at the same time.

Not SWW related, but Star Wars related...

October 6 is Star Wars Reads Day http://www.starwars.com/news/star_wars_reads_day.html

October 16th Star Wars Exhibit is coming to the Orlando Science Center for a limited engagement. http://www.osc.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=117&Itemid=181

Legoland announced a Star Wars expansion http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501843_162-57507654/legoland-florida-announces-star-wars-expansion/

Miniland should be great! By the way, Star Wars Vinylmation Series 3 will be release when SWW starts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter