• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in. We are at DW until 20th May so really hope that the dates are similar to this years. My brother is the star wars nut in my family. He's already planning on what he is going to take with him for autographs!
:darth:

Well DGrD(8) and I just decided to do next year too! Took DNeph for 4 or 5 years in a row (I can't even remember anymore lol), then took a few years off, then took newly Star Wars obsessed DGrD in June and she LOVED it!! She has already been begging to return next year, and stay at AoA in a LM room - so we are going to combine both over Memorial Day weekend so she only misses 1/2 day of school.:thumbsup2 We will do two days at SWW and the other two days at MK, hoping to enjoy all of the new FL expansion.
I am hoping (PRAYING) that Ray Park is there that weekend - he usually is. He is my all-time favorite SWW celebrity!!! Of course!!;) and I love the extra show they add for him.

Ray Park should be there next year unless he can't make it or the event will focus on ROTJ.

We will be there!! :cool1:

My boys have never been to SWW, so they are REALLY excited!

We're arriving May 10th and leaving May 18th, so we'll be catching the SWW activities on Friday & Saturday, the 17th & 18th, and staying off-site at Windsor Hills.

Will be watching this thread for more ideas and suggestions!

The last time it was in June exclusively was in 2008. That, and 2007, were the only years SWW were held only in June.

This will be our first SWW. My extended family (6 of us) :grouphug: will be staying at AKV from June 2-8. I will have my 10 year old grandson with me who is a fan. I will have to start doing my research and follow this thread for more tips.

This is our first SWW too! So excited, prepared the kids by having a movie marathon one weekend - and now they are excited too! They are 8 and 5, and ready for Jedi Training! :) We will be there the 28th-7th, with a Sunday at HS for SWW planned - woo hoo!
Danica

When does Disney typically release the dates for SWW? Is it around November / December? Just hoping it is before the 180 ADR time would be for us.:goodvibes

Also in.... visited SWW in 2009 during the monsoon - loved it despite the rain. With these projected dates, we'll be there for all apart from the last.

Sharing something I wished I'd known when we went this past year:
I did know that the gates opened earlier than advertised and were so when we arrived at 7:30. However, I didn't know meet and greets started at 10am. I suggest, if you want to see someone popular like Darth Vader, get some breakfast and grab a place in line. Bring a deck of cards.
We only wanted to see Boba Fett, so we had time for breakfast, DarthMall and a TSM ride before we got in line. Waited about half an hour for our M&G with what turned into Jenga Fett and were out of HS by 11 am.The crowds were pouring in at that point.

We will be there during that time next year. The kids are super excited, all three boys are big into Star Wars so I an't wait to see their faces.

Sharing something I wished I'd known when we went this past year:
I did know that the gates opened earlier than advertised and were so when we arrived at 7:30. However, I didn't know meet and greets started at 10am. I suggest, if you want to see someone popular like Darth Vader, get some breakfast and grab a place in line. Bring a deck of cards.
We only wanted to see Boba Fett, so we had time for breakfast, DarthMall and a TSM ride before we got in line. Waited about half an hour for our M&G with what turned into Jenga Fett and were out of HS by 11 am.The crowds were pouring in at that point.

I know that Darth Vader came out when the park opened due to popular demand.

Very excited for this again, my boys absolutely love it!

tip...water drink lots and lots of water, there is a ton of waiting in the sun with no shade!

heading possibly back down May 11-21!

After the merchandise panel at Celebration VI, it's pretty much confirmed Return of the Jedi will be the main focus of next year at Disney.

Well..for us it's looking like unless we can snag a deal...we might not make it for SWW!! :sad1: We will have a big trip in Dec 2013, so May would have to be a frugal trip...not seeing that happening. But fingers crossed!

I'm in! We're going down May 25-31 with both the 25-26 dedicated to SWW (HOPEFULLY)

I'll be down with DH, DB and his DGF and it will be a first for all 3, so I'm super excited and hoping the assumed dates are correct. I figured I was safe with the last full weekend of may

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter