Not open for further replies.

CentralFloridian99

The guy who will ask all the celebrities if they w
Star Wars Weekends is here! Here are the SWW2013 dates:

May 17-19
May 24-26
May 31-June 2
June 7-9

UPDATE: AUGUST 23, 2012-After the merchandise panel at Celebration VI, next year's theme is most likely Return of the Jedi.

UPDATE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2012- I'm a little late on this one, but for you Vinylmation collectors, Star Wars Series 3 will be released when SWW 2013 starts.

UPDATE: OCTOBER 30, 2012- Disney has bought Lucasfilm for $4 billion, so Star Wars Land is likely going to happen, and maybe a bigger SWW!

UPDATE: DECEMBER 2012: Dates have been announced! May 17-June 9

UPDATE: MARCH 11, 2013: If you haven't heard the news, Clone Wars got cancelled :( However, James Arnold Taylor said on his blog that Dave Filoni will be coming to SWW. Below I'll add confirmed celebrities.

UPDATE: MARCH 14, 2013: Ray Park and Warwick Davis have been confirmed!

UPDATE: MARCH 27, 2013: Merchandise has been revealed!

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...andise-at-disneys-hollywood-studios/#comments

UPDATE: MARCH 29, 2013: Member D-r just dropped word Jeremy Bulloch will be here Weekend I and Peter Mayhew Weekend IV.

UPDATE: APRIL 5, 2013: Billy Dee Williams has been confirmed for Weekend IV! Now we just need word on the second guest for Weekend III and the Clone Wars Guests!

UPDATE: APRIL 27, 2013: Next weekend's Limited Time Magic will be a May the 4th party at DHS! You can see details around the web.

UPDATE: MAY 5, 2013: Full celebrity lineup announced! If I had to guess, I'mguessing Dave will appear a random weekend like he did last year.

UPDATE: MAY 7, 2013: During weekends II and III, Warwick Davis will have his own show.

UPDATE: MAY 11, 2013: Some of the shows and autograph times for Weekend I have been confirmed! The celebrity sections will be replaced with showtimes.

WEEKENDS:

Hosts: James Arnold Taylor and Ashley Eckstein

Weekend I:

Ray Park (Darth Maul) Autograph session: 1:45pm
Jeremy Bullock (Boba Fett) Autograph session 9:45am, 1:30pm, 4:30pm
Dee Bradley Baker (voice of characters on CW) Autograph session: 9:45am, 3pm, 4:30pm
Ashley Eckstein (Ahsoka Tano) Autograph session: 4:30pm, 5:45pm
James Arnold Taylor (voice of Obi Wan and Plo Kloon on CW) Autograph Session: 9:45am
Motorcade: 11 AM
Stars of the Saga: 3:15 PM
Hyperspace Hoopla: 8 PM

Weekend II:

Ray Park
Warwick Davis
Jim Cummings

Weekend III:

Warwick Davis
Tim Rose
Sam Witwer

Weekend IV:

Peter Mayhew
Billy Dee Williams
Tom Kane

Unknown weekend:

Dave Filoni

DIS members who are coming (companion thread)

In 2010 it was every weekend in June due ti Celebration V being in town.

The last time it was in June exclusively was in 2008. That, and 2007, were the only years SWW were held only in June.

Celebration V took place in August 2010 and a special event coordinated with the closing of Star Tours for refurbishment (called "Last Tour to Endor") was held on August 14, 2010.

The last time it was in June exclusively was in 2008. That, and 2007, were the only years SWW were held only in June.

Celebration V took place in August 2010 and a special event coordinated with the closing of Star Tours for refurbishment (called "Last Tour to Endor") was held on August 14, 2010.

Thanks, I'll go update that.

I'm in! We are planning a surprise trip for DS and our oldest DD for SWW 2013. I'm so excited!

I think I will miss 2013. First time in 5 years. My biggest tip would be to get there early and get in line for the Training Academy. Even getting there early, I had a long line to wait in to sign up. My wife and I went to different locations, I did this and she went shopping at the Darth Maul and did the spending.

Already have our tickets and potential room! Hoping to move to GV at OKW in December, but happy with SSR if it doesn't work out. Can't wait for our second SSW! We went in 2011 and loved it!!

Can't wait for more updates, the obcessive planner in me is already working on ADR's!

MB

I'm in. Although we probably have to skip next year after going the past 2 years. But I love following along and can help with questions.

We're in!! Hoping to catch the first weekend. Our dates are hopefully May 12 - 20, although not booked yet. May tweek those.;)

I just came on here to find you all, and with a little fairy dust pixiedust: You were easy to find! :)

Here's our deal. We have gone the past 4 years in a row. Twice during Christmas decor, twice during Halloween. Not that we don't enjoy it, but we are looking for something different. THAT and it costs more to fly from here than to be down in DW for a week. SO, we are thinking on holding off until May.

We love Star Wars (not hard core fans or anything) but our kids are now into the movies and i think would love Star Wars weekend!

So, how is the weather? We are used to Early Dec (IMO not hot enough) and early Oct (Maybe a little too hot). I'd rather be too hot than too cold.

Also, is there every any deals around May? We always seem to pick up free dining. Which is the holy grail of discounts. What are the chances?

Now, I know crowds will be busy in HS, but in general, how are crowds? I always hear it's busy in the summer, or at the Holidays, but I only know the time frames we've been in, and we've been happy with that. We aren't waiters...we never wait in line for long.

The more I think about Star Wars weekend the more excited I get. 5th time around it's nice to have a change.

OH, also, the new section to MK should be open by then right?

Lastly, All i know about Star Wars weekend is that there is a parade, characters walking about, actors signing autographs. Am I missing anything? What is the plan of attack once in the HS? What should I plan on doing with my kids? (8 and 7, boy and a girl). They really loved Star Tours last year, loved the gift shop, and I am going to say that they will want their very for light saber :woohoo: EXCITED!

I am so excited for SWW 2013. My three boys are very into it and would love it. That being said the earliest we can go is June 7th, so I am really hoping that we get lucky and it is still going on that weekend. Can't wait to hear all the tips!:cool2:

There's a possibility that I'll be heading back for Star Wars Weekends next year. The best advice I can give a newbie is to check out StudiosCentral.org. I got most of my planning from that website and after just a couple of hours in DHS, I had the lay of the land and knew what I was doing. I even had other guests who discovered it was SWW while they were there asking me for advice since I knew what I was doing. And all because I had invested time beforehand.

Depending on what your must dos at SWW are, you may need to give yourself two days. I gave myself 3 days in 2009 spread out over 2 different weekends.

I just came on here to find you all, and with a little fairy dust pixiedust: You were easy to find! :)

Here's our deal. We have gone the past 4 years in a row. Twice during Christmas decor, twice during Halloween. Not that we don't enjoy it, but we are looking for something different. THAT and it costs more to fly from here than to be down in DW for a week. SO, we are thinking on holding off until May.

We love Star Wars (not hard core fans or anything) but our kids are now into the movies and i think would love Star Wars weekend!

1. So, how is the weather? We are used to Early Dec (IMO not hot enough) and early Oct (Maybe a little too hot). I'd rather be too hot than too cold.

2. Also, is there every any deals around May? We always seem to pick up free dining. Which is the holy grail of discounts. What are the chances?

3. Now, I know crowds will be busy in HS, but in general, how are crowds? I always hear it's busy in the summer, or at the Holidays, but I only know the time frames we've been in, and we've been happy with that. We aren't waiters...we never wait in line for long.

The more I think about Star Wars weekend the more excited I get. 5th time around it's nice to have a change.

4. OH, also, the new section to MK should be open by then right?

5. Lastly, All i know about Star Wars weekend is that there is a parade, characters walking about, actors signing autographs. Am I missing anything?

6.What is the plan of attack once in the HS? What should I plan on doing with my kids? (8 and 7, boy and a girl). They really loved Star Tours last year, loved the gift shop, and I am going to say that they will want their very for light saber :woohoo: EXCITED!

1. Hot but not too hot, and there's always a chance of rain.

2. FD probably won't be offered.

3. Crowds are big, say around Pres. Day -like crowds.

4. Everything but the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train and Princess Fairytale Hall should be open.

5. There is also a big merchandise tent and special shows :)

6. It depends on what you wanna do. Please respond back and I can help :thumbsup2

Depending on what your must dos at SWW are, you may need to give yourself two days. I gave myself 3 days in 2009 spread out over 2 different weekends.

I strongly agree with this. I might be getting a WDW AP to go every weekend, and that might also be your best bet.

Just to let everyone know, The Carbon Freeze Me Expirence will be offered at Celebration VI. I expect it to return for SWW 2013 as it was pretty popular.

Well DGrD(8) and I just decided to do next year too! Took DNeph for 4 or 5 years in a row (I can't even remember anymore lol), then took a few years off, then took newly Star Wars obsessed DGrD in June and she LOVED it!! She has already been begging to return next year, and stay at AoA in a LM room - so we are going to combine both over Memorial Day weekend so she only misses 1/2 day of school.:thumbsup2 We will do two days at SWW and the other two days at MK, hoping to enjoy all of the new FL expansion.
I am hoping (PRAYING) that Ray Park is there that weekend - he usually is. He is my all-time favorite SWW celebrity!!! Of course!!;) and I love the extra show they add for him.

My DD and I went last year but we were with my Aunt and her granddaughter. It was their first time going to Disney so my DD didn't get to do as much as she would have liked (like stand in the lines for pictures with the characters.) I promised her that just her and I would go 2013.

I am hoping to get reservations at BCV this year for May 17, 18, 19. We stayed at BWV last May and couldn't beat being close enough to walk to DHS or just taking the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter