Official Star Wars Weekends 2013 Tips and Tricks

Status
Not open for further replies.
you are not the only one that thinks like this...many SW purists have the same feelings...I remember during Last Tour To Endor it was right in the middle of Celebration here in Orlando a whole bunch of people bought tickets for this special event and HATED Hoopla.
I think it's just pure entertainment.

It's a parody. Some folks aren't into parody. There are people in the Star Wars community who hate to see beloved characters parodized. Nothing wrong with it, just avoid the show if it isn't your thing.

Just wondering if I'm the only person that has no interest in the Hoopla? Maybe slight but not detailed spoiler ahead.......scroll down and highlight to read

I agree... Music was fun, but not what I was expecting.... I didn't watch anything beforehand. I kinda knew it would be like that, but not quite so... Yeah. ;) same with the storm troopers - was expecting funny haha, not groan. Im in no way a purist, i just thought it was trying to be too modern snd missing the mark in classic disney fashion. I at least chuckled a little at them though.

Because I don't think I've mdntioned it yet - warwicks show on the other hand had us in tears. More than made up for the other jokes elsewhere!

Is the app different then what is on the website?

I was just planning on printing the website in case my coverage is bad but wasnt sure if it was the same...

Also did anyone ever figure out the times of the SW Disney characters?

YMMV but on our two days (a Fri. and Sun.) all 4 came out both days at 9:40am.

Had a very difficult time as one day the line was super slow (1 family with about 10 autograph books) and the next day no one had autograph book so the line moved super fast.

The first day we got in line at 9:18 and the line moved very slow, we were only 2 away when they cut the 4 line. The next day by getting in line at 9:10 on the we were one of the first groups to get the 4. Some people were letting others get in front of them without the CM's aware of this. They just sat on the wall and waited.

YMMV but on our two days (a Fri. and Sun.) all 4 came out both days at 9:40am.

Had a very difficult time as one day the line was super slow (1 family with about 10 autograph books) and the next day no one had autograph book so the line moved super fast.

The first day we got in line at 9:18 and the line moved very slow, we were only 2 away when they cut the 4 line. The next day by getting in line at 9:10 on the we were one of the first groups to get the 4. Some people were letting others get in front of them without the CM's aware of this. They just sat on the wall and waited.

If we could get all 4 at once that would be soooooooooooo awesome...

hmmmm we were going to do them after we rode TSM but now wondering if we should grab someone else first and then hope for all 4...

I'm sure this was already posted. There is a Star Tours pressed penny machine in Darth's Mall. Three to choose from, Minnie Leia, Darth Goofy, and Jedi Mickey. The first time we tried, the machine was broken, but the last 2 weeks it's been working fine!

I'm sure this was already posted. There is a Star Tours pressed penny machine in Darth's Mall. Three to choose from, Minnie Leia, Darth Goofy, and Jedi Mickey. The first time we tried, the machine was broken, but the last 2 weeks it's been working fine!

Thanks we love pressed pennis...I am sure we will have to get all 3 :)

Kenny's site has the following start times

Chewie 8:30
Chip n Dale 9:05
Darth Vader 8
Disney SW 8

So it seems like it would be a better choice to get in either Vaders line or the Disney SW?

And I am assuming that those 4 lines are the longest...am I missing any that are long? (Boba/Jango Fett?)

Awesome! We've been there every weekend and didn't even see it. Lol

Just got off the phone with Photopass. Looks like my Chewie pics are gone too :(. Got a good one with our camera but really would've liked to add a border. Highly recommend folks take one with their own camera as well whenever possible (PP photographer will do it for you), just in case.

Thanks for the info about the pressed pennies!! Totally missed the machine but might still be able to get a friend to snag them for us!

Just got off the phone with Photopass. Looks like my Chewie pics are gone too :(. Got a good one with our camera but really would've liked to add a border. Highly recommend folks take one with their own camera as well whenever possible (PP photographer will do it for you), just in case.

Thanks for the info about the pressed pennies!! Totally missed the machine but might still be able to get a friend to snag them for us!

Cant you upload your own photos to photopass and add borders?

Sort of. You can upload, but the borders available to those photos are generic (and pretty crappy, to be honest). The specialty borders, like for SWW, only show up for the PP pics. Wish they could figure out how to let us do that in these cases.

The PP borders for the DHS pictures are strange too. Some come up with the SWW borders and some do not. I even get Happy Easter borders as a choice, lol.

It's a parody. Some folks aren't into parody. There are people in the Star Wars community who hate to see beloved characters parodized. Nothing wrong with it, just avoid the show if it isn't your thing.

I enjoy parody like they do in the Star Wars Lego movies and I loved the storm trooper opening during the show. But the Hoopla is just too much for me & when I told my kids about it they didn't even want to see it. So yes, we already do avoid it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter