**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on SWAGS versus Jingle Bell, Jingle Bam...

Last year apparently both were running during PART of the holiday season. Is this correct?

If both ran during the holiday season, was it shown double feature style at the Chinese Theater, or did the shows alternate nights?

I know SWAGS has a dessert party. Does JBJB have a dessert party?
Yes both shows ran during the last weeks of December. They would do jbjb first and then a couples of hours later (don't remember the exact timing, might have been an hour and a half later) they showed swags. The swags dessert party is inside launch Bay, jbjb dessert party is at the Chinese theater courtyard

Yes both shows ran during the last weeks of December. They would do jbjb first and then a couples of hours later (don't remember the exact timing, might have been an hour and a half later) they showed swags. The swags dessert party is inside launch Bay, jbjb dessert party is at the Chinese theater courtyard
Do we anticipate it being the same way ( both each night) around Thanksgiving? Or alternating nights around Thanksgiving? Or do we really have no idea at this point? We are going between Thanksgiving and Dec. 1.

Thanks!

Do we anticipate it being the same way ( both each night) around Thanksgiving? Or alternating nights around Thanksgiving? Or do we really have no idea at this point? We are going between Thanksgiving and Dec. 1.

Thanks!
Last year it was just JBJB nightly at that time of year. Same in 2016. No guarantees what this year will bring.

Or do we really have no idea at this point?
I've got someone looking into it as we speak, stay tuned.

enhance

I've got someone looking into it as we speak, stay tuned.

enhance
Ok. We we're hoping to hit the dessert party (which comes with SWAGS, if I understand correctly), and was trying to schedule how to hit both swags and JBJB, but now this idea of it being the same night or not even being offered is throwing monkey wrenches into my brain.

Ok. We we're hoping to hit the dessert party (which comes with SWAGS, if I understand correctly), and was trying to schedule how to hit both swags and JBJB, but now this idea of it being the same night or not even being offered is throwing monkey wrenches into my brain.
If you're coming during Thanksgiving I would go with last year's schedule, only jbjb being offered

Regarding the Star Wars dessert party, is there any character mingling at the party? Are Chewbacca and B.B.8 meet & greet available at that time? I read some old reviews that people went to see them right before they went to desert party. Just want to make sure that these characters are still available and that the line is minimum at that time in the evening....

Also, are cheese and savory treats still offered at the party?

thank you!

Regarding the Star Wars dessert party, is there any character mingling at the party? Are Chewbacca and B.B.8 meet & greet available at that time? I read some old reviews that people went to see them right before they went to desert party. Just want to make sure that these characters are still available and that the line is minimum at that time in the evening....

thank you!
No characters mingling but launch bay is open until park closing so you can go meet the characters

If you're coming during Thanksgiving I would go with last year's schedule, only jbjb being offered
That would really suck. Huge SW fans here and no extra SW presence for a whole season?!?!? I would have thought that at least they would have it on select nights while JBJB was still on most nights. Here's to hoping!!

Regarding the Star Wars dessert party, is there any character mingling at the party?
Other than me, the only other character mingling at the party are the random walk throughs and unscheduled stops by the Stormtroopers.
Just want to make sure that these characters are still available and that the line is minimum at that time in the evening.
The lines are seldom long, but I wouldn't count on them being at a minimum during the party.
They are at this time.

thank you!

We attended this party last week during a very crowded Spring Break time. We went to meet the characters midway through the party. I think one meet & greet had one group ahead of us and the others had no line at all.

They had cheese, pita bread, and some spreads.

Star wars questions. When we went in 2015, it was the final SWW, with the parade March, and Darth's Mall - my 6yo (now 9), got himself encased in carbonite, which is nicely adorning our bookcase! I know about Launch Bay, and the Visa holder Kylo Ren photo op. Backlot Express seems to have permanently remained "Rebel Hangar". What kinds of things might we expect to have gone away since then? We're going Thanksgiving time for about 10 days, so we are hoping for announcement of dessert party dates. Do we still make the Chewie Run? Again, our experience this time is different, since there is not a dedicated Star Wars day in mind. We'll be hitting HS twice during our stay.

Thanks!

Star wars questions. When we went in 2015, it was the final SWW, with the parade March, and Darth's Mall - my 6yo (now 9), got himself encased in carbonite, which is nicely adorning our bookcase! I know about Launch Bay, and the Visa holder Kylo Ren photo op. Backlot Express seems to have permanently remained "Rebel Hangar". What kinds of things might we expect to have gone away since then? We're going Thanksgiving time for about 10 days, so we are hoping for announcement of dessert party dates. Do we still make the Chewie Run? Again, our experience this time is different, since there is not a dedicated Star Wars day in mind. We'll be hitting HS twice during our stay.

Thanks!
First of all...sww...:guilty::(:sad::sad1::sad2:
Backlot express is no longer rebel hangar, there are a couple of sw items like the vader Waffles and chicken and Vader cupcake but that's about it
No chewie run needed since he meets all day every day
The 2 10 minute movies are worth a watch, party of the Jedi and the one that plays inside launch Bay

First of all...sww...:guilty::(:sad::sad1::sad2:
Backlot express is no longer rebel hangar, there are a couple of sw items like the vader Waffles and chicken and Vader cupcake but that's about it
No chewie run needed since he meets all day every day
The 2 10 minute movies are worth a watch, party of the Jedi and the one that plays inside launch Bay
They just got two new cupcakes. A BB-9E one and a Kylo Ren one.

Come on, you forgot the delicious Galactic Chicken Salad and the Padawan Limeade served with your choice of Millennium Falcon or Death Star Glow Cube for only $7.99. And let us not forget the very appealing BB-8 Souvenir Stein with your choice of Beverage for a measly $13.99.
They just got two new cupcakes. A BB-9E one and a Kylo Ren one.
Be still, my heart, and only $5.99.

See what happens when I don't have to go in.

I just booked this party for our July trip. Yay!

If I understand correctly, there are tables throughout the LB and you stand to eat. What time is a good time to head out to the viewing area? Is that still standing only? Could anyone point me to pics of the viewing area and current party offerings?

Thank you!

If I understand correctly, there are tables throughout the LB and you stand to eat.
There are no chairs. Tables are located at the far end of the Launch Bay between the BB-8 and other M&G locations. Depending on the number of guests, tables may be placed at the outdoor courtyard and Cantina area as well.

Last edited:
I just booked this party for our July trip. Yay!

If I understand correctly, there are tables throughout the LB and you stand to eat. What time is a good time to head out to the viewing area? Is that still standing only? Could anyone point me to pics of the viewing area and current party offerings?

We just went to this a few nights ago and it was amazing. There were plenty of tables to stand by; we were sure to line up early inside a aftercare checked in. Everyone gathers afterwards to be walked into the viewing area by the Storm Troopers around 8:35. Plenty of space in the viewing area. Everyone watched while sitting down. Desserts were great. My favorite was freeze dried Nutella, blue panne cotta and warm bread pudding with sauce and ice cream. They are now giving out a storm trooper helmet small mug instead a d of the Chewbacca mug, but still pretty cool! You will LOVE this dessert party. We didn't care for the "Happily Ever After" dessert party. No comparison. The only good thing about that one was the actual viewing area on the garden. Mediocre desserts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter