**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Do you recall what day that was?

Yes Tuesday April 3rd - I only was able to get a reservation after someone cancelled, I decided to book at the last minute and it took me several days of checking to get in. The other day I was there was March 15th. The April party seemed a little more crowded but not more than I've usually experienced. I'm fairly sure it was sold out since I had a hard time getting a reservation.

To be honest I was surprised that people stayed seated at the April party - it was nice though. I felt like I had plenty of room honestly, the new location is 1000 times better.

You're right though if the people in front decide to stand everyone will have to stand. Perhaps I was just lucky and people were tired.

I'm fairly sure it was sold out since I had a hard time getting a reservation.
Yes, it was likely sold out. I was there the day after, and that party was maxed out. That was the last busy week of the WDW spring break season and most of the parties were either close to selling or were sold out. Since then, it's back to normal levels, very quiet. Are you using the Captain Phasma stein much?

Are you using the Captain Phasma stein much?

No, I'll just add it to my Star Wars display collection with my popcorn buckets. I didn't even pick them up at the 2nd party since I already had one. My oldest is in college now and my youngest is still in high school, of course their spring breaks are different so I took them at different times.

I enjoy the Star Wars dessert party a lot, I've think I've been through all of the different setups lol. My husband's favorite party was the Villain Party in 2016, he still talks about it. Too bad they haven't brought that one back.

My husband's favorite party was the Villain Party in 2016, he still talks about it. Too bad they haven't brought that one back.
Most of the people who attended the villains party loved it and CMs certainly enjoyed working it, but I guess it wasn't meant to be for a number of reasons.

We loved the villains party too! We really enjoyed the Star Wars party when we did it on 10/1/2016 but sadly missed the show because an awful storm cancelled it. It was our last night there and my daughter’s birthday. So we are hoping to try again. We feel our odds are good since it is so rare to cancel. Going June 26. Very excited! Also going to hit the Frozen Party at Epcot on July 4 and hope to get HEA party July 3. We don’t like desserts that much but do like the viewing opportunities with no hassle.

We loved the villains party too! We really enjoyed the Star Wars party when we did it on 10/1/2016 but sadly missed the show because an awful storm cancelled it. It was our last night there and my daughter’s birthday. So we are hoping to try again. We feel our odds are good since it is so rare to cancel. Going June 26. Very excited! Also going to hit the Frozen Party at Epcot on July 4 and hope to get HEA party July 3. We don’t like desserts that much but do like the viewing opportunities with no hassle.

Oh boy I remember that night well! That is also my birthday and I had planned to do the dessert party that night but changed my mind since it was our travel day and first night there. We went to HS anyway and it just poured like crazy after 5 or 6 pm for the rest of the evening.

I remember feeling so bad for folks that night
Hey, what about me? At that time we were giving out the souvenir gift at the viewing area, so a huge rolling bin filled with 250 Chewbacca steins had to be brought to one of the towers. Because the show was cancelled, that same bin had to be brought back to the Launch Bay so that the steins could be handed out to party guests. Guess who did that in the pouring rain, twice? Ok. I'm kidding, don't feel bad, just another day of making the magic.

Hey, what about me? At that time we were giving out the souvenir gift at the viewing area, so a huge rolling bin filled with 250 Chewbacca steins had to be brought to one of the towers. Because the show was cancelled, that same bin had to be brought back to the Launch Bay so that the steins could be handed out to party guests. Guess who did that in the pouring rain, twice? Ok. I'm kidding, don't feel bad, just another day of making the magic.
You are such a "trooper" - pardon the pun!! :rotfl2:

Hey now employees too! Carrying around that stuff in the rain has to be pretty troublesome. I don't even like dragging my groceries 3 or 4 feet into the house in the rain, so that's some dedication right there.

Still no August dates for the dessert party. Last year I booked on 4/20 for the end of August.

Oh boy I remember that night well! That is also my birthday and I had planned to do the dessert party that night but changed my mind since it was our travel day and first night there. We went to HS anyway and it just poured like crazy after 5 or 6 pm for the rest of the evening.

What a coincidence. I had my walker so when we bailed on the party we went through the rain to hit toy story mania and they let us ride twice which turns out to be painful on your trigger arm. Anyway as we left the park in the pouring rain we sadly walked past the roped off empty viewing area to the ridiculously long bus lines. There a big family sang happy birthday to my daughter and the huge section of bus line sang along too. It cheered her up but she has been sad about missing that show ever since. All the parties this year are probably overkill but we have never seen illuminations in all of our trips and haven’t seen happily ever after before either. Star Wars too is new to us so it will be a fun series of night shows. Plus throw in two Independence Day shows and we have a big trip of night time fun!

OMG I saw you with that huge gray bin I guess! We went over and talked to a CM or two who were standing with it. I specifically remember talking to a woman who didn’t want to confirm the show would be cancelled but was very happy that I commented on how I knew it couldn’t be helped with the weather being what it was. I kept pulling up my radar and seeing that huge storm blob over us and knew there was no way he show was happening. We sat along a wall near the bin for awhile and discussed what to do before ultimately bailing before it was officially canceled. You had to have been soaked pushing that bin around the park!

You are such a "trooper" - pardon the pun!
I'm not sure I can.
that's some dedication right there.
Not really, the fun times outweigh the challenging times.... by a lot. The CMs in Events Operations Group which facilitates the SW party and the Frozen dessert parties, plus the thousands of special and private events all over WDW are so accustomed to standing for hours in the rain, heat and cold that it doesn't phase them.
OMG I saw you with that huge gray bin I guess!
My finger prints may be on your Chewy steins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter