**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I'm glad to hear there were plenty of tables. The only reviews I could find were pretty old, and one seemed to suggest you had to hunt for a table. I prefer to sit, but I'm ok to stand as long as there are enough tables.
I had also read to head out to the viewing area early to be able to get a good spot, but it's nice to hear everyone can sit to watch. That makes me feel better.I am short, so have a hard time seeing!!
I'm glad to hear you liked it so much and the food sounds great. I'm pretty excited!! Thank you for the info!!

Just so you have all the info you need, just some FYIs.
seemed to suggest you had to hunt for a table.
That was true up until they revised the party about 6 months ago. It still is the case but only during peak times. Contrary to what's being posted that the summer months are going to be slow, Disney's own crowd level data is predicting otherwise, but what do they know. IE, the parties have a good chance of eventually selling out during your month of July, plus crowds will be higher at DHS due to TSL opening.
I had also read to head out to the viewing area early to be able to get a good spot, but it's nice to hear everyone can sit to watch.
Again, it depends on the attendance number on your party night. Up until the peak of the Spring Break season and immediately after it ended, party attendance was somewhat low. However during busier Spring Breaks, it sold out almost every night. Whenever it is sold out, 210 guests are not able to sit at the viewing area.

Just so you have all the info you need, just some FYIs.
That was true up until they revised the party about 6 months ago. It still is the case but only during peak times. Contrary to what's being posted that the summer months are going to be slow, Disney's own crowd level data is predicting otherwise, but what do they know. IE, the parties have a good chance of eventually selling out during your month of July, plus crowds will be higher at DHS due to TSL opening.
Again, it depends on the attendance number on your party night. Up until the peak of the Spring Break season and immediately after it ended, party attendance was somewhat low. However during busier Spring Breaks, it sold out almost every night. Whenever it is sold out, 210 guests are not able to sit at the viewing area.
Thank you @FastPasser. This is very helpful information and we will plan on it being busy and full! We will plan accordingly!!

Does anyone have a map showing where the viewing area is? Can you see all the effects on the buildings from here? Most of the reviews are older so has the food changed at all or is it the same? Thanks for any information still trying to decide between this and HEA Plaza dessert party.

Ok, so I just saw these pics on FBI remember awhile back they were casting for her, is this a random or are Rey and Chewy out and about now?
I talked to that little girl in the photo when I checked the family into the SW dessert party. Had I not already selected the family of the night, I would have chosen them. She was so cute, and what a smile.

I talked to that little girl in the photo when I checked the family into the SW dessert party. Had I not already selected the family of the night, I would have chosen them. She was so cute, and what a smile.
The smile, and the Birkenstocks with socks warm my cold northwest heart.

Hey there. Just joining the forum. I’m celebrating my birthday with a dessert party on 8/27 :cake::bday::cake: So…how soon does anybody think the dates will open up for booking?

Love the enthusiasm. If you have any SW related clothing, be sure you wear it. PM me your date when you know it so that I can be on the lookout at check in.:bday: pixiedust:
I saw in another thread that you said you don’t work weekends, and our party would probably be on a Sunday! I’m bummed, I was excited to meet you! You’ve been so helpful!

I saw in another thread that you said you don’t work weekends, and our party would probably be on a Sunday! I’m bummed, I was excited to meet you! You’ve been so helpful!
Thanks for the kind words. I really enjoy meeting Disers, but annoying and harassing hundreds of guests every week is hard work and as I'm older than dirt, I need to rejuvenate. Just kidding, I've reached the point where on most weeks, I can pretty much choose which events I'll work and on what days, kinda of a sweet deal.

Just double checking- How early can you check in for the Star Wars Dessert Party? I am showing an 8:00 start time. Is that the soonest you can check in or should I plan to be there early to get checked in? Thanks!

Whenever it is sold out, 210 guests are not able to sit at the viewing area.

I was at a sold out party Easter week and we were able to sit easily - there was room for everyone as far as I know, but maybe I missed people not getting in. I've been to 2 parties since the viewing area was moved to be in front of the theater and both times everyone sat the entire time. The view is spectacular.

Attachments

• 2018-04-03 21.19.37_preview.jpeg
    2018-04-03 21.19.37_preview.jpeg
    113.8 KB · Views: 27
I was at a sold out party Easter week and we were able to sit easily - there was room for everyone as far as I know, but maybe I missed people not getting in. I've been to 2 parties since the viewing area was moved to be in front of the theater and both times everyone sat the entire time. The view is spectacular.
Good to hear!

I was at a sold out party Easter week and we were able to sit easily
Do you recall what day that was?
I've been to 2 parties since the viewing area was moved to be in front of the theater and both times everyone sat the entire time.
Last time I went with a sold out party and stayed for a few minutes, I noticed that they were standing. I assumed there wasn't enough room for everyone to sit, but it could be that the people in front stood, so anyone sitting had to stand. I'll have to check again, although it's not sold out.

Just double checking- How early can you check in for the Star Wars Dessert Party? I am showing an 8:00 start time. Is that the soonest you can check in or should I plan to be there early to get checked in? Thanks!
Officially, 45 minutes before the start time, but sometimes they're set up 10 to 15 minutes before that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter