**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

I think we will have a projection/fireworks show once Galaxy's Edge opens but I don't think it will be SW related

Beginning this past week and continuing throughout March 10th, SWaGS will be performed at 8:15, 15 minutes after park close. Because of this, the SW dessert party will no longer start 15 minutes before the advertised time and will open as advertised at 6:30.

Also, during this time, Fantasmic will take place at 7:30, giving guests more of an opportunity to watch both Fantasmic and SWaGS. This is not usually the case.

For those planning to attend the dessert party, availability has not been and probably will not be an issue.

I noticed at the last Galatic Night they had a special Jedi Training package add on for kids. Besides the merchandise, is there anything special about this package? Anything different for Jedi training during galactic night versus during a normal day at DHS?

We have a pre-park opening breakfast at H&V earlier in the week. My son doesn’t care at all about Disney Junior but is in love with Star Wars. Trying to figure out if it’s best to just keep the breakfast to sign up easily for Jedi training or if there something special about doing it on galactic night so I should buy him that I add on (assuming it’s offered again).

This has been a great thread! I have been lurking forever, soaking up Dessert Party info. I had totally planned to do one, but the announcement of the Galactic Nights for May changed my plans. I have a few questions related to Galactic Nights that I have not been able to find:
  • Can the dining plan be applied towards any meals at the party? Specifically the Sampler tasting, if it is offered. We will have DxDP and I am trying to plan my points vs OOP. Is the tasting something where you get your stuff and take it to eat wherever you can find a spot, or do you have to do dining times at reserved tables? I want to enjoy special food offerings and I will need to feed my kids, but we won't want to waste 2 hours at a sit down meal during the party.
  • Is rider swap available? This will be my first time traveling with a baby to DW (my others are 6 & 9).
  • It appears that they will have multiple sign up times for the Jedi training. Will it still be difficult to get a time for two kids? I'd love for my kids to be able to do this, but I am cringing at the price of the package for two kids and am not sure I can justify the price for the experience.
Thank you! I appreciate your insights!

This has been a great thread! I have been lurking forever, soaking up Dessert Party info. I had totally planned to do one, but the announcement of the Galactic Nights for May changed my plans. I have a few questions related to Galactic Nights that I have not been able to find:
  • Can the dining plan be applied towards any meals at the party? Specifically the Sampler tasting, if it is offered. We will have DxDP and I am trying to plan my points vs OOP. Is the tasting something where you get your stuff and take it to eat wherever you can find a spot, or do you have to do dining times at reserved tables? I want to enjoy special food offerings and I will need to feed my kids, but we won't want to waste 2 hours at a sit down meal during the party.
  • Is rider swap available? This will be my first time traveling with a baby to DW (my others are 6 & 9).
  • It appears that they will have multiple sign up times for the Jedi training. Will it still be difficult to get a time for two kids? I'd love for my kids to be able to do this, but I am cringing at the price of the package for two kids and am not sure I can justify the price for the experience.
Thank you! I appreciate your insights!

Rider swap is available for any operating attraction with a height requirement.

We attended the dessert party on January 22nd and had a great time. We also attended last January, and there have been a few changes since then. To me, these changes seem to be mostly for the better. The lay out of the party was one of those changes. It felt more spread out the first time we attended. I preferred this time with the tables being closer together. This way promoted more of an intimate, party, mingling-type atmosphere. It was fun to chat with those nearby. I also noticed the drink I least liked at the first party is no longer on the menu. Another good change, in my opinion! Thank goodness the flash frozen Nutella was still there! We hope that never goes away. And we were happy to find that all of our other favorites from the previous year were still there, too. We had plenty of time to get our fill of food and drink and see all three character meet and greets in Launch Bay. That was perfect! It was also fun to see the storm troopers pull people from Chewie's line and make them see Kylo. I was feeling bad for poor Ben. His line was definitely the least popular that night. The storm trooper interaction overall that night was pretty fabulous and helped us to not miss the Jawas as much as we thought we would. The biggest change was definitely the viewing area. It had pros and cons for us. We all loved the big open space and being able to sit to watch the show was a huge plus, but as others here have said, it really is too close to fully appreciate the show. Even so, the show was still really good. We were close to the stairs on the left side, and I felt so bad for the guy guarding the rope to close off the area. We could not believe the amount of people coming up, making all sorts of excuses to try to get in to that area. That did not seem like a fun job. The biggest downside to the party for us that night was missing out on @FastPasser. It seems we missed him by one day. At least we were fortunate enough to have met him at the Frozen party a couple of days earlier, though! :) If this party is still happening during our next trip, we've all three said we'd like to do it again.

We attended the dessert party on January 22nd and had a great time. We also attended last January, and there have been a few changes since then. To me, these changes seem to be mostly for the better.
They adapt the table layout and number of tables to the expected attendance. When you attended in Jan 2017, the party was maxed out on most nights. That's no longer the case.
I preferred this time with the tables being closer together.
That's not the usual critique. When the party was selling out, I often heard comments like the tables were too close and it felt very crowded.
This way promoted more of an intimate, party, mingling-type atmosphere. It was fun to chat with those nearby.
After having chatted with you briefly, I can fully understand you feeling that way. It's promoted as a mix and mingle party.

They adapt the table layout and number of tables to the expected attendance. When you attended in Jan 2017, the party was maxed out on most nights. That's no longer the case.

It sounds like our night must have been a comparatively low attendance night, then. Some of the tables near us were never even used so it definitely did not feel crowded. I can see how the set up we had might feel a bit confined if the party maxed out, so it's nice that the layout can be adapted based on attendance. It's interesting to hear the party isn't quite as in demand anymore. Hopefully it picks up again soon. It's very well done and makes for a festive ending to the park day. Thank you to everyone who works hard to make these events a success.

Beginning this past week and continuing throughout March 10th, SWaGS will be performed at 8:15, 15 minutes after park close. Because of this, the SW dessert party will no longer start 15 minutes before the advertised time and will open as advertised at 6:30.

That's interesting, we were still let in 15 minutes early (615) when we went that prior week. There was also tons of tables, were some added?

That's interesting, we were still let in 15 minutes early (615) when we went that prior week.
When you entered at 6:15, which should't have happened, you were actually let in 30 minutes early because everything was supposed to have been pushed back 15 minutes. IE, early opening should have been 6:30 instead of 6:15 and the real party start time should have been 6:45 instead of 6:30.

There was a lag between when the SWaGS time was advanced by 15 minutes and when the 15 minute early admittance, called Surprise &d Delight was removed. They didn't coincide. The leaders in charge of the parties were not all on the same page.

They didn't want to have to notify Guests with existing reservations that the advertised start time is 6:45. The bottom line is that Guests are still getting in 15 minutes early if they enter at 6:30, the previous advertised start time. Did I confuse anyone?

There was also tons of tables, were some added?
If anything, there have been fewer tables.

Just wondering if the Galactic Night in May lets you in early like they do for the Halloween or Christmas parties. We have passes but my daughters friend does not. Just wondering if they let you in at 4:00?

We loved the dessert party we attended in Jan and our daughters have made their cousins very jealous, but one of them has peanut/nut allergies. I know disney is amazing at accomidating allergies, but will she be able to eat the regular dessert party offerings or will it be a separate serving of not as cool offerings? (I ask because the table next to us was given a bag of goodies for their allergies, whatever they may be, and while sweet and compassionate, I felt was not nearly as fun as eating a R2D2 cupcake)

We loved the dessert party we attended in Jan and our daughters have made their cousins very jealous, but one of them has peanut/nut allergies. I know disney is amazing at accomidating allergies, but will she be able to eat the regular dessert party offerings or will it be a separate serving of not as cool offerings? (I ask because the table next to us was given a bag of goodies for their allergies, whatever they may be, and while sweet and compassionate, I felt was not nearly as fun as eating a R2D2 cupcake)
It usually is the prepacked thing, but if it's only nuts the chef can walk through the regular desserts items, I haven't done the desert party in years but she might find one or two things to eat from the regular offerings

but will she be able to eat the regular dessert party offerings or will it be a separate serving of not as cool offerings?
If you decide to attend, you'll be instructed to chat with party Chef and they will let you know the particulars.
I felt was not nearly as fun as eating a R2D2 cupcake)
The dessert offerings for those with serious food allergies are no where near the regular dessert offerings. If I had a food allergy, I would skip the dessert parties unless I'm doing it for the socializing aspect or for the viewing area.

My son and I attended the dessert party on January 31st and it was AMAZING! The food was good, the specialty drinks were VERY good, the fireworks were amazing and all the CMs were incredible. My son has a peanut allergy and they were able to give him his own bag of safe-to-eat goodies. The best part though is that we were "pixie dusted" and chosen as the family to lead everyone to the viewing area! MY son was THRILLED that he got to march with the stormtroopers (he was dressed as Captain Phasma).

Star Wars Dessert Party2.jpg Star Wars Dessert Party3.jpg
Star Wars Dessert Party4.jpg

How could you not have been chosen, talk about a cute couple. Your outfits are great, love guests who get into it. And the photo of of your son marching with the Stormtroopers is priceless.

enhance

That is great!!!! :darth: Your son is too darn cute!!
My son and I attended the dessert party on January 31st and it was AMAZING! The food was good, the specialty drinks were VERY good, the fireworks were amazing and all the CMs were incredible. My son has a peanut allergy and they were able to give him his own bag of safe-to-eat goodies. The best part though is that we were "pixie dusted" and chosen as the family to lead everyone to the viewing area! MY son was THRILLED that he got to march with the stormtroopers (he was dressed as Captain Phasma).

View attachment 300704 View attachment 300705
View attachment 300706

How could you not have been chosen, talk about a cute couple. Your outfits are great, love guests who get into it. And the photo of of your son marching with the Stormtroopers is priceless.

enhance

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter