**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

We’re only doing a weekend (mom / son trip) and it’s his one request - that restaurant. He is a 5’10”, 185lb football player/wrestler...lol, so I think he will be okay, but I will definitely take your advice and eat light beforehand! Thank you for the heads up! (I will try to move it up a little more, too)
When we did the party in early November, and a completely different experience. We only found sweets, sweets and more sweets. The only savory items were a couple of dips and pita bread triangles. We could only eat so many cupcakes and rice crispie bars. We were very disappointed with the food items.

Maybe they have changed since our trip.

We’re only doing a weekend (mom / son trip) and it’s his one request - that restaurant. He is a 5’10”, 185lb football player/wrestler...lol, so I think he will be okay, but I will definitely take your advice and eat light beforehand! Thank you for the heads up! (I will try to move it up a little more, too)

Maybe you could do that restaurant for lunch instead of dinner?

haven't checked in for a while now. i just went back and read the first posts again. do i have this correct the night show is scheduled out to the end of april only so far correct? is it still the same show from the they started it 1.5 yrs ago or has it changed up? i assume the dates will keep getting extended? anything else to look out for during our june trip?

thanks everyone!
jim

We only found sweets, sweets and more sweets. The only savory items were a couple of dips and pita bread triangles. We could only eat so many cupcakes and rice crispie bars. We were very disappointed with the food items.
Maybe they have changed since our trip.
I doubt that it's changed much since Nov, but it's advertised and promoted as a dessert party so the vast majority of offerings are desserts.

I've decided if we are going to attend one nighttime show at Disney, it should be the Galactic Spectacular. Anyone have some advice for how a short person (5'0") can get a decent viewing spot? It looks like everything is on the same level on the ground, which concerns me. Even the dessert party preferred viewing spot (which I don't think I could justify the cost of anyway) looks like all one flat surface. Is the show high enough in the air that my son and I would still get some value out of it?

There are several spots where a path is taped on the ground for people to use during the show. No one is allowed to stand there. I suggest standing just behind one of those taped off areas so that the four feet or so in front of you is clear of people, except those walking past. The projections cover the entire Chinese theater, so some of it is quite high.

There are several spots where a path is taped on the ground for people to use during the show. No one is allowed to stand there. I suggest standing just behind one of those taped off areas so that the four feet or so in front of you is clear of people, except those walking past. The projections cover the entire Chinese theater, so some of it is quite high.

Thanks, that sounds like a good idea. I'll look for those paths.

Is there a blonde female CM that posts on the Dis and works the dessert party? I'm trying to figure out why this CM looks familiar, I'm assuming because I have seen her picture here.

Not really, it's a large department. I'm assuming you didn't get the name on her name tag?
No she was always holding something so I couldn't see it. She was at the entrance checking to make sure people who didn't have badges didn't enter near the Chewie M&G last night.

The Star Wars Galactic Spectacular Fireworks are now officially listed for 9:30 on May 31st and I was able to add it to my plans in MDE! Looking forward to seeing this show with my nephews who keep me educated on all things Star Wars!

I have a short trip planned with my mom and daughter before she begins her Disney College Program. We saw the SWGS in August 2016 and I am looking forward to seeing it again with the new additions. Previously we staked out a spot about and hour before one night and did the dessert party a second night. Since we will be going this Saturday, Jan. 20, 2018, I would expect there to be fewer people than in August. Would 30 minutes before the show be enough time to get a good spot? This is my mom's first time seeing it and I would like to make sure that she has a good view. I thought about trying to see Fantasmic! that night also since it is an hour before but I do not want to cut it too close and miss out on a good view. Thanks.

So are they no longer serving the cheese and olive skewers? Was really looking forward to those as I don't want to eat a mountain of sweets.

So are they no longer serving the cheese and olive skewers? Was really looking forward to those as I don't want to eat a mountain of sweets.

Curious to hear the answer to this as well.

Also, what non-alcoholic drinks do they serve? Can you get something without caffeine? Will they make a specialty drink for you without the alcohol?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter