**Official** Star Wars at DHS, Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party/Galactic Nights/Launch Bay/JT

Beginning this past week and continuing throughout March 10th, SWaGS will be performed at 8:15, 15 minutes after park close. Because of this, the SW dessert party will no longer start 15 minutes before the advertised time and will open as advertised at 6:30.

Also, during this time, Fantasmic will take place at 7:30, giving guests more of an opportunity to watch both Fantasmic and SWaGS. This is not usually the case.

For those planning to attend the dessert party, availability has not been and probably will not be an issue.

So...we’ve booked the party for March 11th... what time are we supposed to show up?? :chewy::darth:

Good question. What time does your confirmation say is the party start time?

This is what the confirmation says...

Sunday Mar 11, 2018
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios
7:30pm

Couldn’t tell if that was the start time or arrival time?

This is what the confirmation says...
Sunday Mar 11, 2018
Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party at Disney's Hollywood Studios
7:30pm

Looks like the fireworks start at 9pm
That's the issue, it could change to 9:15, which is what just happened with the current show. The show was originally at 8pm, but it was changed to 8:15. If the 9pm show time doesn't change for your party, you may be allowed in at 7:15. If it does, you'll be allowed in at 7:30. Believe it or not, there is a justifiable reason. It's not known at this time which way they'll go.

The time shown on your rez is the advertised party start time. The arrival time is up to you.

Good morning. We are scheduled to do the desert party this evening. Please help me remember, is there a place to sit in the fireworks viewing area? I know we will be standing for the event itself, but are we allowed to sit on the ground to wait? Thank you in advance. :-)

Good morning. We are scheduled to do the desert party this evening. Please help me remember, is there a place to sit in the fireworks viewing area? I know we will be standing for the event itself, but are we allowed to sit on the ground to wait? Thank you in advance. :-)

I would say close to half (if not more) of the people who attended the party I went to were sitting in the viewing area for the fireworks, no one said anything.

Thank you JediBonas! We are Very excited to see the show, just a bit exhausted from five days of going from rope drop to after nighttime fireworks. So we may be sitting if they will allow it LOL.

just a bit exhausted from five days of going from rope drop to after nighttime fireworks.
While there is no seating inside the actual party area, there are a few benches located in other sections of the Launch Bay, so feel free to grab some food and drinks, and if a bench is empty, sit for a while. I suggest the Celebration Gallery, it's close by and you never know who you might find there annoying other guests.
So we may be sitting if they will allow it LOL.
It's absolutely allowed.

While there is no seating inside the actual party area, there are a few benches located in other sections of the Launch Bay, so feel free to grab some food and drinks, and if a bench is empty, sit for a while. I suggest the Celebration Gallery, it's close by and you never know who you might find there annoying other guests.
It's absolutely allowed.

I just want to say how much I appreciate your input on this thread and other threads. pixiedust: :flower1: :disrocks:

So I have been checking for about a week and finally they just released the May dates. We happened to have accidentally planned our visit on May 4th so thought why not go the whole hog and add the desert party too. We are probably crazy!

The party time is 9:10 So looks like a late one for the fireworks that night.

So I have been checking for about a week and finally they just released the May dates. We happened to have accidentally planned our visit on May 4th so thought why not go the whole hog and add the desert party too. We are probably crazy!

The party time is 9:10 So looks like a late one for the fireworks that night.
Something is not correct with that time, the show is at 9:30pm so either the show time is wrong or the dessert party time is wrong.

Something is not correct with that time, the show is at 9:30pm so either the show time is wrong or the dessert party time is wrong.

I thought it was pretty late but it is May 4th so not sure if there will be anything else happening. I kind of hope it' not that late as we have 2 young children with us who will struggle to stay up that late.

I thought it was pretty late but it is May 4th so not sure if there will be anything else happening. I kind of hope it' not that late as we have 2 young children with us who will struggle to stay up that late.
That's a mistake, for a 9:30 show the party is at 8pm.

So what is the consensus on this event?
Seems the first one, back in what, 2016?, was good but then I don't remember seeing very good reviews on this last one at all.
I know we got to BWI on the night they were having the first one, too late to go, but it sounded and looked like everyone was having a blast.
I'd wanted to go down for the last one and we never managed to get it together and when I saw the reviews I was glad we didn't.
We'll be there for the 27th so now I am not sure what to do. Am I right/wrong? Was the 2nd one as good as the 1st?

So what is the consensus on this event?
Seems the first one, back in what, 2016?, was good but then I don't remember seeing very good reviews on this last one at all.
I know we got to BWI on the night they were having the first one, too late to go, but it sounded and looked like everyone was having a blast.
I'd wanted to go down for the last one and we never managed to get it together and when I saw the reviews I was glad we didn't.
We'll be there for the 27th so now I am not sure what to do. Am I right/wrong? Was the 2nd one as good as the 1st?
I cannot speak for the second one, I did the first one during SW Celebrations and I had an amazing time. Did not do any rides other than RnRC with SW music, got pictures with the backdrops, went to the talk show, got lots of fun pictures in the Animation Courtyard with all the droids brought in by the Droid builders and watched SWaGS. I have heard that there were a lot of lines during the second one for pictures, not sure if they upped the capacity of the party or not.
Sorry I'm not of more help.
If I had the money I would go to this one just for the atmosphere and the Galaxy's Edge talk show

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter