Official Spring 2007 Disney Professional Internships Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Kim!

I just wanted to say hey and see how everyone was doing?!! I love my internship and Im sure everyone else does too! Is anyone here working in Celebration?

Hello world~ I'm loving my internship as well...I'm on the 6th floor in Celebration (220)...rustyflwr, what floor are you on?

And who else on here lives at Northbridge? My roomies and I are trying to meet other interns...:sulley: yay...we're finally here!

im on the 4th floor of 220! :) I'm sure we will see each other around!! :goodvibes

So, does anybody want to meet for some fun in the parks? Plus, I'm curious how other interns are doing :dance3:

I would love to know how everyone's doing! A day in the parks sounds like fun--it's dead over here lately!

Hey All!
I'm planning to apply for an internship for starting January 08. When you guys applied, how long did it take to get an response to if you got the position?
Thanks for any info!

What exactly is the internship?? I'm a history and psych major and will have certifications in early childhood and elementary ed?? I think my dream would be a personal disney nanny who takes children from rich families to the parks and gets paid for doing it hahaha. But let me know about the internship, I'm graduating May 11, 2007.

There are many different types of internships, and many can be very competitive. The process can easily be several months long with a series of interviews. I am also planning of applying for a professional internship in January 2008 and we should be able to apply for them some time during the summer, as the internships up now are for the Fall. More information can be found at the Disney Professional Internship homepage (I can not post the link since my post count is not high enough, just google it you will find it.) Hope that helped a little, there are people here who do know more about the internships then I do.

Hey All!
I'm planning to apply for an internship for starting January 08. When you guys applied, how long did it take to get an response to if you got the position?
Thanks for any info!

The process was several months long. To give you an idea, I applied in May, heard from the recruiters in August/easrly September, had a couple interviews through October/November and got an offer late November. I hope that helps you in regards to the timeline!! Stick with it though, because it's completely worth it!!

hi everyone!

I have been searching for PI and this paged popped up. I applied for 3 internships in the animal program and already had one interview. Does anyone know how long it takes for them the contact you after the first interview? I am so anxious and i have been checking my email over and over?

Honeslty, it really varies depending on the area... it could be days, it could be another month, easy.

But most likely they will be calling, not emailing. I've only heard of a few that emailed first.. ;) So, wait by the phone instead.. hehe

hi everyone!

I have been searching for PI and this paged popped up. I applied for 3 internships in the animal program and already had one interview. Does anyone know how long it takes for them the contact you after the first interview? I am so anxious and i have been checking my email over and over?

I just got accepted for a PI in Operations Finance Food and Beverage Group

I applied mid February so it took them almost a month from my phone interview. I was just about to give up and focus on the other internships I was applying for...

Hey guys, I was just doing a search on PIs and this page came up. I just had an interview today for a few PIs I applied for. Anybody doing the MK Events Assistant, College Recruiting, or Cast Special Events Internship? Those are the ones I applied for. I guess I get to play the waiting game now for my second interview. I soo hope I get one of these! I'm graduating in May and am looking to continue my career with the company.

I have been offered a position with College Recruiting or the MK HR internship and I am really stressing about which one to do. Anyone know of anyone that has previously done either one of these??? The thing that makes it really hard is that I was offered a FT position in HR here at home, but . . .I feel like this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity. Any advice is really really appreciated!!

Here's an odd question! Would it be possible to apply for a PI while IN the CP? LOL I know it sounds weird but both FH and I are thinking about doing the CP, and neither of us want to move back up to Ohio for a semester to go back down... so we want to just move down there completely (the recruiter said since we'd be married we could have housing off the complex for the CP if we wanted). I'm interested in the Wedding Coordinating internship, but it requires you to be a CP, and I'm nervous that we wouldn't be able to stay down there the semester inbetween CP and PI.

Thanks!

Question about Northbridge:

Do you have to share a bedroom like you did during the CP days in Vista & Chatham? Does anyone recommend looking elsewhere for an apt or is Northbridge a good idea?? Any comments greatly appreciated!

Hi Everyone!
I'm new, my name is Amber and I applied for the Quality Engineering PI. I got my initial phone interview on Valentines day and was guaranteed another interview in about a month. So far I haven't recieved it...oh well. Otherwise, I looked on the disney interns website and under where I applied the job description was blank. So, instead of getting the page with all of your duties as a PI and having the ominous unapply button, I now just see a blank space. Has this happened to anyone else? I'm just wondering, because if they have taken that down does it mean that they've already decided??? I don't know, I feel like I'm overanalyzing. I'm just really excited about this position. Thanks!

I applyed for both the Merchandise Global Planning Pricing Internship & the Merchandise Category Planner Internship on March 24th. I already received a call to set up a phone interview for the Merchandise Category Planner today! But I guess I don't fully understand what a category planner is...

"Support the Category Planner in managing the validation, planning, and execution process of category merchandise strategies to achieve intended Cast, Guest, and Business Results." - Job description on disney site

Could someone explain what a category planner is? The job sounded interesting to me which is why I applyed but I also expected to have more time to prepare myself for an interview.

Question about Northbridge:

Do you have to share a bedroom like you did during the CP days in Vista & Chatham? Does anyone recommend looking elsewhere for an apt or is Northbridge a good idea?? Any comments greatly appreciated!

I don't know how the CP days were/are, but Yes, you do have to share a room at Northbridge--with the exception of the 3-bdr apartments where one person (out of 5) would have their own room. When you add up the $129/week for 4 or 5 people, it seems like you could find an apartment to split w/someone for the same price and you'd have your OWN room. BUT--everything is included (hi-speed internet, utilities, it's fully furnished, washer+dryer...etc), so Northbridge doesn't seem like such a bad idea (for only 6 months) afterall. :thumbsup2

Ya that's the big issue. Utilities are a real killer. When I first came to Florida (for school) I never realized how much more eletricity is here. Make sure everything is good with any apartment for electricty.

Hey guys, I was just doing a search on PIs and this page came up. I just had an interview today for a few PIs I applied for. Anybody doing the MK Events Assistant, College Recruiting, or Cast Special Events Internship? Those are the ones I applied for. I guess I get to play the waiting game now for my second interview. I soo hope I get one of these! I'm graduating in May and am looking to continue my career with the company.

I currently work for a college in Oregon & I would love to do the College Recruiting PI. How do you find out more information about these professional internships & which ones are available to apply for? Thnx :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter