Official Spring 2007 Disney Professional Internships Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

teh fish

DIS Veteran
Hey, why let all the CPs have the fun?

I applied for the operations management, Disney event group management, and guest relations internships. It's been a while since someone from my school attended a Disney internship so I'll have to provide feedback for my school.

I'm a bit worried, as interns from my school have to have a special project to work on. No clue what I'll do with that.

I applied for Spring 2007 PI's as well!!

I applied for Convention Services Sales Associate, Convention Services Assistant, and Travel Industry Sales Coordinator!

I have an interview, I guess for the general screening, tomorrow!

:goodvibes

I applied for a Disney Institute Program Assistant, Management Retail, Media Internship and Labor Deployment. I have an interview tomorrow. This is so cool.

Wow. Interviews already? I was told they wouldn't start until the end of September/beginning of October. Good luck you two.

Thank you teh fish!

faeflora ~ What time is your interview at? Mines at 9 a.m.! :)

i've got to admit, im a bit nervous, lol! :blush:

Hey
Mine is at 2:40pm, I am nervous also, it's just really crazy how fast they interview. Good Luck tomorrow :goodvibes

I just wanted to pop in and say the interview went really really well! Very basic, general questions! The lady whom I was speaking with was so nice and made me feel so comfortable! :banana:

That is so great!!!! I so hope you hear something soon. I have mine at 2:40 so I will drop a note letting you know how it goes. :cool1:

Great, good luck! You'll do great!

The lady said I would be getting a call this week or early next to set up the next interview, so hopefully that really will happen, lol!

Ok, I just finished my interview. It was interesting. Apparently we have that interview and then they forward our information to the area that we would like to do our Professional Internship in. So picked Disney Insitiute Program and Media Relations. At the end of the interview she said that my information would be sent to those areas and that if they are interested in interviewing me that I would recieve a call from someone. So, that is how it went for all who are going through the process. Good Luck to All!!!! :goodvibes

P.S. The interview took maybe 25 minutes or so.

I finally had my first interview. It went really well, even though I was nervous at first. She said managers from the areas I applied to would be contacting me within the next two weeks.

Congrats! Good Luck! I guess it was about a week or so before I got asked to submit an application!

if you don't mind me asking, what year of college are you all in that had interviews?

can you tell me more about the internships?

mikkiblueeyes, no problem. I'm a 6th year senior (changed majors) and the internship is more specific than the College Program; it allows you to choose areas in which you are studying in and apply for the internship. The college program website actually takes you to a site about internships here: http://disneyinterns.com/

I am a senior in college. I am eligible to graduate in December, although im not scheduled to until May! I just won't be taking classes in the spring and will have walked already!

There isnt a ton of information out there about the professional internships, and I dont know a lot about them, personally. I would say that it is an internship that provides real-life work experiences. Job positions that you might have right out of school. I think they are either 4 or 6 months long, depending on the position. If you go to www.disneycareers.com and type in internship as the keyword, you will be able to see the descriptions of the internships!

I am new to this board but I have been reading for a few days. I applied for the Operation Management PI. I have had my interview and sent in the application last week. I am about to go nuts wondering what will happen next. I am real excited but don't know if I should be. Has anyone actually received an offer yet? If so, how long did it take after you mailed in the application. I am a senior at the University of North Florida in Jacksonville. I am a 31 year old mom who has waited for what seems like forever to be able to start a career. I think I want to be at Disney and feel like this internship will be the perfect opportunity to find out.

Hello All! This is my first post here, I was trying to do some google searches on disney professional internships and this was one of the first things that came up. I recently also applied for the PI in management operations. I am a student at UCF majoring in hospitality management, with a focus in theme park and attraction management, will be senior in January and am currently a cast memeber. Luckily Disney does recruitment through the school and is doing interviews for positions sometime in october. There is not a lot of information on but it does say you have to be able to work full time. I see the qualifications is being a junior/senior in college, but the e-mail I got for one of the advisors the other day about the PI said that they need you to work fully time. My concern is going to school full time and working full time, I am hoping they are as flexible with hours as they are now with where I am at now, I am fully willing to give up my social life for a few months for an opportunity like the PI. If anyone has anymore information or has done a PI while being a full time student it would be greatly appreciated if you could share your experiences. Hope to talk to all you in the future! Thanks!!

zada82 ~ I am in the same position as you are! I had the interview, sent in the application, and am now awaiting a response. I know in one of the emails that requested an application, it said "we'll be in touch soon" or something along those lines. So, we should be hearing shortly! I would guess no more than a few weeks! Good Luck to you!

Don't worry, I'm excited, but im trying not get overly excited, because im sure I have a slim chance, but hey, who knows!!

Im just glad this thread is here!!

BeenieFL ~ Good Luck! Great Major (OK, I may be biased a little :)) About the full-time issue. My guess would be that a lot of students who go down there are either taking a semester off from school or are done with school the semester before they start work. I think it would be a little difficult to do both full-time, but hey, go for it if you can! I agree, I think a PI is an amazing opportunity!

Well I guess no one has heard anything yet. I think I jump every time my phone rings. That is crazy isn't it? Well, I have alot to plan for. I have to move my whole family. As if that isn't enough, I have to figure out where is a good place to live with children, figure out if I will be going to school here or there, and, well, need I say more? This internship is well worth all of that but I have to say that the sooner I know, the easier the transition will be. I was at the Yacht Club and Epcot this weekend and I am still convinced this is the life for me. I look forward to hearing from you guys. I have been on here every day and haven't seen a post in a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter