Official Spring 2007 Disney Professional Internships Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
whew....no hurricanes=good. well at least i hope we don't get any in june! I LOVE thunderstorms though...they're so much fun!!!

Hey Josh, Yeah definitely no worries for hurricanes. When I lived in Miami, I fled to Orlando when hurricanes came. It's probably the safest place to be in Florida since it's not near any coast. :)

Does anyone happen to know how long Traditions will be? Just wondering how much of the day it will take up...thanks!:confused3

I read on the Disney site Traditions lasts half a day; unless you're scheduled for a Traditions class with non-college program CM's. Then it lasts a full day.

Hi everyone!
I just learned about the DisBoards. I am a PI for Aquarium/Chemistry and I will maintain the aquarium systems in EPCOT and Animal Kingdom. I am moving in Northbridge on Jan 12, 2007. Like everyone else I am afraid of the reviews I've read online. Is there anyone else that needs a roommate in northbridge that is doing something similar to my PI? I'm from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, so, hello from the midwest.

hey everyone! I was just wondering- whats the dress code for "checking in" on the 12th? I mean, obviously within the disney look guidelines for hair, piercings etc, but what about dress? I think i wore jeans checking in for the CP, but I don't even really remember! Thanks for any info :)

hey baylake view. My name is Amber, I am gonna be a marine mammal intern at epcot also living n Northridge, Im already planning on living with a girl named laura who is an intern at animal kingdom. Check out the animal programs board. Cant wait to meet you.

amber - can't wait to meet you either. do you get to scuba dive in the tank at epcot? I checked out google maps and we're only a 5 hour drive from some awesome scuba diving in the florida keys. i'd be willing to drive that for one day of diving so bring your gear if you have it.

also, how do i find the animal programs board? if i type that in the search option i get a million threads about eating with people at animal programs.

mark

I'm NAUI certified too. I'm looking to do some diving both in the Keys and at Living Seas.

amber - can't wait to meet you either. do you get to scuba dive in the tank at epcot? I checked out google maps and we're only a 5 hour drive from some awesome scuba diving in the florida keys. i'd be willing to drive that for one day of diving so bring your gear if you have it.

also, how do i find the animal programs board? if i type that in the search option i get a million threads about eating with people at animal programs.

mark

Hi! I'm Lisa. I'll be an aquatic research intern at epcot. Can't wait to meet you, it's coming up quick! I would definitely be up for some diving. There's some pretty good diving in Ft. Lauderdale and Miami too. My friend became a divemaster in Key Largo, so he'd probably know where to go to not get ripped off. So yeah, I'm bringing my gear and I'm in! :)

As far as finding the animal program board, I usually get to it by clicking "The College Board" on this board and its in that list somewhere. Hope that helps.

hi lisa!
awesome. i'll start a shuttle service from disney to the keys for diving. I can fit 5 people in my car. my AIM screen name is sodaliteavenger and please feel free to instant message me.

mark

Just wanted to pop in and say woohoo, im in Florida!! Is anyone else in the area?

I also wanted to know if we, as interns, get discounts at WDW resorts! I thought we did, but I was looking on the disney intern page and didn't see it listed!! Thanks :)

I'm stuck in Buffalo right now cuz the stupid weather..... gawd i wanna get down there.... im so jealous of y'all!!!

How's everybody?
I thought I'd drop a few lines... I'm moving to Orlando tomorrow, too, so I've got a big day ahead of me. Did anybody got an e-mail about meeting for orientation at Planet Hollywood? I wonder if this s for all interns or just for certain departments?
Anyway, I wish everybody goodluck and, who knows, maybe will meet soon!!!!princess: :wave2:

hey all!

i'm done in orlando (have been since the end of december). i was just going to work at my seasonal position, but then my PI department needed me so i've been working since monday. i'm having a blast and am so excited for orientation stuff and what not.

any communication planning PIs?

Just wanted to pop in and say woohoo, im in Florida!! Is anyone else in the area?

I also wanted to know if we, as interns, get discounts at WDW resorts! I thought we did, but I was looking on the disney intern page and didn't see it listed!! Thanks :)

I'm here!! And yes, we do get discounts on the resorts. :)

So does anyone know if there are any workout facilities that are sponsored/provided by disney for cast members? I'd appreciate any help with this one, thanks

Thanks Kim!

I just wanted to say hey and see how everyone was doing?!! I love my internship and Im sure everyone else does too! Is anyone here working in Celebration?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter