***Official September 2020 Thread***

109 days to go. I just canceled my AKV Club level studio. We are now six nights at Copper Creek Villas. Hopefully, we can snag one of the "alternate" studios.
109 for us as well. We are at POR and don’t know if it will be open. Playing the waiting game like everyone.

Not sure I'd go as far as saying that Disney doesn't want us there, but it seems like they're being very cautious which makes sense. We're also looking into other vacation options while we wait for more information to come out; just need to make sure that anything else we might book has a full refund and/or late cancellation date just to be safe.
I’d like to have an alternate plan for our September trip, but we don’t know what the rest of the country will look like. Same as Disney.

109 for us as well. We are at POR and don’t know if it will be open. Playing the waiting game like everyone.
Fingers crossed for you. But i really believe that things will be better way before September. It is over 3 months away and I have positive thoughts for both of us. I know Copper Creek will be open, but I truly believe that the non DVC resorts will be open in August.

I just got an email saying that our Magic bands have shipped! Aaaaah! I had picked colors but I wasn't dead set on them and thought I'd have some more time- guess I'm stuck now. I'm painting on them anyway, some kind of Star Wars theme/design for DH and I. One idea I had recently was to do the silhouettes of Han on his and Leia on mine with the "I love you" and "I know" sayings in the middle and then paint each of our favorite characters on the band parts.

Does anyone else here paint or decorate their Magic bands, or have or get the custom ones?

I just got an email saying that our Magic bands have shipped! Aaaaah! I had picked colors but I wasn't dead set on them and thought I'd have some more time- guess I'm stuck now. I'm painting on them anyway, some kind of Star Wars theme/design for DH and I. One idea I had recently was to do the silhouettes of Han on his and Leia on mine with the "I love you" and "I know" sayings in the middle and then paint each of our favorite characters on the band parts.

Does anyone else here paint or decorate their Magic bands, or have or get the custom ones?

That is great! You are the first person I have seen that has said they are shipping again (might be others just haven't noticed).

109 days to go. I just canceled my AKV Club level studio. We are now six nights at Copper Creek Villas. Hopefully, we can snag one of the "alternate" studios.
we are booked at Jambo house in a studio and have waitlisted CCV studio... only one night right now is missing but I am also waiting on member services to allow me access to my 45 2019 points. Today better be the day!

I was not able to check in online yesterday. I kept getting the "goofy" character.

I was able to check in just now and it gave me the option to order magic bands for our trip but we have bands from our canceled May trip and so I declined them.

108 days.

Sad day here: I just cancelled our flights/reservations. Extra crushed because my boss had gifted us two nights in a 1BR at the Riviera (DVC) at the tail end of our CBR stay. The good news is, Delta gave us a full ecredit for the flights (no cancellation fee) and it's good through Sept 2022.

It's just too much to contemplate coming from Canada at this point. So much more expensive with having to fly, the prospect of a PAIR of quarantines at the beginning and end of the trip (and not sure how we'd even have managed that with the flight dates already booked anyway). I just can't justify spending $6000 on half a vacation, when I'll be worried about catching a virus the whole time anyway.

I'll be vicariously watching your trip reports though! :D

Hi folks...guess I'm the weirdo waiting for them to re-open reservations because I'm trying to book for Labor Day weekend lol. We rebooked our big trip that was cancelled this past May for next May, so I'm wanting to sneak in a solo trip just to get away. Even a resort only stay would be very welcome at this point, I'm essential and was only able to work from home for a little while. I train new employees and am on my 3rd back to back class and feeling so burned out. I really need a vacation! So far I've booked my flights on points and travel bank credit for the taxes so they're costing me literally nothing, I did it now to take advantage of JetBlue's flexible cancellation/change policy through 6/30. Not sure about the resort yet, I would probably look at MK area but if not then Swan/Dolphin to save a little. Being an AP even out of state, I go enough that the restrictions really don't matter too much to me.

When are you going?

Sept. 13-20.
Interesting. My check-in day is September 6. In fact, I should still have a little less than two months to edit Magic Bands. Typically we receive them a few weeks before the trip. Maybe it is a glitch in the system? Seems to be a lot of that happening right now.

I think they ship whenever you select them and check out. We went LDW last summer and I ordered mine in July.

We received our Magic Bands in March for our canceled May trip or maybe even the end of February.
We ordered a few of the themed bands: Grumpy, Mickey, and the Castle. We also got the DVC member bands last year. I declined the bands for our September trip. We have so many bands... I am going to stick to getting bands maybe once every year, or 18 months. I would like that AP slider though.

106 days to go for us

We have had our bands for quite a while. I picked one plain color band and then one upgraded on so they were shipped right away. Just hope I get to use my 2020 dated upgraded one now :(

We did indeed receive our Magic Bands in the mail yesterday! It feels a little more real now and like I can get excited. I think I will finally add a count down timer back to my signature too.

I wish the new magenta MB was one of the free ones we could choose as I don't want to pay extra for a fancy one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter