***Official September 2020 Thread***

We are really watching how things shake out in the next 30 days everywhere. And then keeping an eye on the 30 days after July 11th at WDW. People have been failing to practice social distancing in a lot of areas. If theres a flare up in the next 3-4 weeks we will pass on September. If the numbers continue down then we are comfortable going in September. A lot in the medical community seem to think it will flare up again during cold and flu season so September may be a great time to squeeze a trip in before another lockdown occurs.

I was assuming they only paused the existing reservations/ticket holders so that they could have them all make reservations and then figure out how many spots were leftover for the general public - especially with how many people say they are cancelling for 2020. I'm sure there will be room for off-property guests.

Then again who knows, because none of us have been asked to reserve parks yet :rolleyes1 (I've already had 2 stress dreams about it but it's fiiiiiiiiiine.)

It is completely a guess on my part! I'm just guessing that Disney is going to try to fill as many on property rooms as possible to help recoup some Revenue. Maybe by then the park numbers will be elevated and on property and off property guests will all be able to come back into the parks.

This is such a crazy roller coaster we are all on! Twist turns, ups and downs and we just don't know what's around the next corner. Just keep waiting and see how things turn out by September:D

Last edited:
HOw do you know that is your APR date? Did I miss an email telling us when we could reserve a park?
I am making an assumption that since parks need to be reserved before ADRs that they will be the same day. I could be wrong about that. They did say ADRs would be 60 days which for us is 7/28. That was our FP+ date up until 2 weeks ago.

I am making an assumption that since parks need to be reserved before ADRs that they will be the same day. I could be wrong about that. They did say ADRs would be 60 days which for us is 7/28. That was our FP+ date up until 2 weeks ago.
Ok. Wanted to make sure I didn't miss an email.

Let's put a pause on the mask debate please, there are other threads for that. :)

So you want everybody that's planning for the exact same month to go to another thread where people are planning for July, August, October, etc. who will be dealing with a different set of rules? That makes zero sense to me. People planning for September will most likely be dealing with the same rules. Why are you opposed to that? So, if you hear friends at the office debating pro or con masks, do you go around the office and say, hey, can you take that to your own office? Or take it to HR. What's the problem with friends having a discussion among themselves?

Last edited:
So you want everybody that's planning for the exact same month to go to another thread where people are planning for July, August, October, etc. who will be dealing with a different set of rules? That makes zero sense to me. People planning for September will most likely be dealing with the same rules. Why are you opposed to that? So, if you hear friends at the office debating pro or con masks, do you go around the office and say, hey, can you take that to your own office? Or take it to HR. What's the problem with friends having a discussion among themselves?
This forum is called Doing the Happy Dance.

You can either do it simple by googling: how much is 35% off (insert your amount)?
Or you can take what you paid for your hotel x 0.65 to find your new balance, so mine would be:

£4497 x 0.65 = £2923.05

To find out how much the actual discount is you times your amount with 0.35 instead:

£4497 x 0.35 = £1573.95

I know how to do the math for percent off - lol. What I should have said is idk how to tell if I got 35% because idk if I’m getting charged from my original hotel prices or current hotel prices. I’m canceling no matter what; I just wanted to know if their “great“ deal was great or not.

It doesn't matter what the forum is called. This is a thread for planning our holiday and no matter how much you might dislike it, masks will greatly affect all of our holidays. For some it's a big enough issue that they'll choose to cancel their holiday if they have to wear one.

Can I get an "AMEN"! Well said. As much as we'd like to ignore it sometimes, life happens. This thread isn't utopia. Real world events can't just be ignored, nor should they be. As long as they're discussed in a civil, thoughtful manner, nobody should have an issue with it. Wearing or not wearing a mask is akin to wearing or not wearing a back pack, or flip flops, or hats. It's become a part of the discussion. I don't see the issue.

I know how to do the math for percent off - lol. What I should have said is idk how to tell if I got 35% because idk if I’m getting charged from my original hotel prices or current hotel prices. I’m canceling no matter what; I just wanted to know if their “great“ deal was great or not.

Sorry to hear you're cancelling. I cancelled back in April and rescheduled for next September (12th - 16th if anyone cares to join me!). Your "I know how to do math" comment cracked me up. We have a phrase in our house - "math is harrrrrrd!" LOL Struck a chord with me.

PS - their 35% off is anything but a great deal to me. It was going to be just my son and I staying at CSR. Just for a round number, say around $200/night. 35% is $70/day. That doesn't begin to cover my food costs just for the two of us, let alone a family of 4. 35% doesn't begin to equal free dining. I find it a disingenuous offer by Disney. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
I am sure someone will take photos for you. Not a CM but another guest. If someone asked me to take their photo - I would.

Yeah I’m sure other guests would be more than willing. I’ve never asked a CM for a photo with my phone but I have been stopped dozens of times by other guests when taking photos/selfies to ask if I would like them to do it for me. Guests seem more than willing, I doubt this will be a problem.

I hope you guys are right! I know I certainly wouldn't hesitate to do it. I just wonder if people are going to be "weird" about it now. I certainly hope you're right. @terrylily I've always asked CMs to take a photo for me with my phone or camera. Disclaimer: I've never bought PhotoPass or Memory Maker.

It doesn't matter what the forum is called. This is a thread for planning our holiday and no matter how much you might dislike it, masks will greatly affect all of our holidays. For some it's a big enough issue that they'll choose to cancel their holiday if they have to wear one.
I got told to stop talking about when the parks might reopen back on May 24th. Some people want this thread to be about one thing. I think talking about masks and everything affecting our Sept 2020 trips should be acceptable.

Well, I should be more excited today for our countdown - 3 months from today. I just wish I knew if we were actually going.

I know that feeling, we arrive 2 days after you seems like. I'm trying to stay optimistic and excited! It'll be fun, and we have several months to mentally prepare for the changes - who even knows what restrictions will still be in place come Sept, maybe some will be loosened. How long do you have before you have to decide?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!